PDA

View Full Version : earning rewards w/ dvc purchase

crazykids
07-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I am looking into purchasing a resale contract for BCV & since it is a very large purchase, I am loking for ways that I can somehow manage to accrue Disney rewards from it. Has anyone gotten a loan & was able to pay that balance off w/ the Disney Visa? I have the cash to pay in full, just looking for ways to get the most out of the whole deal. Any advice would be welcome.

CarolMN
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I do not know of any resale brokers / closing services that will accept a credit card for payment (sellers do not want to pay the fees).

So you would have to find a bank or other financial instituiton that will give you a loan and then accept credit card payments. If you find one, be sure to check to be sure there is no prepayment penalty!

AFAIK, Disny is the only one that accepts a credit card in payment for a DVC contract.

Ian
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
What we did (which worked great) was we used one of the checks we got sent from the Disney Visa (which draws on a 0% interest line) to pay for our DVC contract.

Then we just paid it off when the bill came. That way, we got all the rewards for our purchase without having to pay interest on it.

crazykids
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I was told from the Disney Visa people that balance transfers & convenience checks do not accrue reward dollars?

Ian
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I was told from the Disney Visa people that balance transfers & convenience checks do not accrue reward dollars?You know you may be right on that, now that I think about. I actually never checked my balance to see if we had earned any rewards, but I do think I remember reading the same thing.

Oh well ... didn't hurt us any either way really.

KevGuy
07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I bought mine like that through Disney and used the Disney Visa to pay for it all. They charged $2500 and that was given a special 6 months no interest then the balance was put through. So needless to say the next statement we saw all the rewards dollars credited and then just paid it off in full to avoid interest on the remaining balance. Now when we go back we'll have a few hundred dollars of mad money to spend or we could use it to pay a portion of either our AP or DDR on our next trip.:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
we paid with disney visa for the DVC purchase....then we let it roll for 5 months while paying it down...before finally paying it off....

it was worth about 150 bonus dollars to us....so really just a drop in the bucket...

most rewards plans are miniscule anyway...unless you religiously use the card for all your purchases

Here we go again...
07-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes, if you buy from Disney you can use your Disney Credit card!
We used ours and got $160 to use toward our dining plan in July!!
What a nice bonus.