PDA

View Full Version : First DL Trip...help me!

DisneyFan1989
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi there. I am new here but just as a poster. I have been a viewer of this site for over a year. However, I have a trip coming up to Disneyland in about a week and want some tips!

First, this is my first disneyland trip so I really don't know just how many days are needed to see everything. We picked 4 day park hopper passes so we can have 2 full days at each park. Is this enough time?

Also, how are the lines? We are flying to Vegas for 4 nights (SO boring for me since I am not old enough, lol) and then heading to Disneyland so how are a lines normally on the first of aug?

Another question. We are staying offsite right by disney (I think it is right across from one of the parks). Now, is it safe to walk on the side walks and to cross the street at say 11pm without adults and only a 17 and 10 year old?

Sorry for so many questions, but the next few are just based on rides.

1) I hear ToT is different than the MGM version. How much different? I am always scared to go on ToT but still do it because I can tell when we are about to drop. Whats ToT like in DCA?

2) What rides are different than there WDW counterparts?

3) Is the Fast Pass system the same and how common is it to get the Dream Fast Pass? Anytips on getting one?

Thanks for the help. Also, I will be posting trip reports either daily if we get internet or when I get back.

rjbarker
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
4 days should be enough time to see both parks and have some fun at Downtown Disney. You'll probably end up spending only 1-1 1/2 days at DCA.

The parks are crowded in August. I would guess the new Nemo Sub ride will be a 2 hour wait, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain will be 70+ minutes and Peter Pan and Indiana Jones will be about an hour. However, if you get fastpasses early and get all the fastpasses you can, you should be fine, especially since you have 4 days. It also helps that lines tend to move pretty quickly in a lot of rides. Also, DCA will always be less crowded than DL so what I like to do when I go is go super early to DL and when it gets hot and crowded (like around noon) I head over to DCA until about 6 or 7pm and then go back to DL for the nighttime shows and atmosphere. Plus, I like the food at DCA much better so by doing that I can have lunch and dinner there.

I would say it's safe enough for you guys to walk at night because you won't be going very far and because there will probably be a lot of other park visitors walking around that time.

ToT is different with some show elements and the elevator doesn't move forward at all. But the drops are just about the same.

I think all the rides are different than their WDW counterparts with the exception of the Muppet 3D show and Soarin' Over California.

If you have any more questions, just ask!

2Epcot
07-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Another question. We are staying offsite right by disney (I think it is right across from one of the parks). Now, is it safe to walk on the side walks and to cross the street at say 11pm without adults and only a 17 and 10 year old?

In general walking across the street from Disneyaland to a hotel is safe. There are usually lots of other people walking too. Of course there will always be things that happen from time to time that will make the news. Many of the nearby hotels offer free shuttles that will take you to the park. You should check with the hotel where you are staying.