PDA

View Full Version : Kids at Le Cellier???

Marceline
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi! I am planning a big family trip with my folks and my two sisters and all of our kids. We will have four children ages 2 to 7 and are curious about how feasible a dinner at Le Cellier will be with all the kids and adults...there will be 12 of us all together.

I know that Le Cellier is THE BEST meal and my sisters are excited to try it but, we are concerned that it may be too elegant of a place to haul a huge group and a bunch of little ones. The kids can be quite rambunctious.

This will be our only table service meal of the trip. Any opinions on our choice and or suggestions for other memorable yet family oriented TS in Epcot are great appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:

xipetotec
07-18-2007, 02:18 PM
well we always go in large groups ( last time, 15 ) with kids. and as far as World Showcase goes, I can't recommend Biergarten enough as an "experience". Don't let the beer part throw you off, our little kids and big kids alike *loved* this place because there's live music and small dance floor where everyone is encouraged to go dance :) ... Our kids loved it and can't wait to go back!

GreenBeetle
07-18-2007, 02:19 PM
On our recent trip we had a party of 15 at LeCellier (6 kids - ages 5 through 10). They did just fine. They kept each other occupied and the meal went pretty quickly. Very enjoyable for everyone.

If you are really concerned about behavior, maybe a character meal would be a better choice for the little ones.

AuntDJ
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
We were a party of 9 with 3 kids (9; 8; 5) they did fine at LeCellier. This was even after a LONG day with no break. The restaurant gave them colors and they pretty much entertained themselves.

I have not tried many of the WS restaurants but we really enjoyed LeCellier!

DJ

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Never been to LeCellier(looking forward to it in Nov!) but from what I have read here, the issue may be seating the 12 of you since I have read it is rather small. I would try for an early dinner time or a late lunch and hopefully it won't be so crowded (and maybe a little easier on the kids)

btuskan
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
LeCellier has become one of the most difficult reservations to get...it's up there with breakfast at Cindy's. I called 178 days out (got busy and forgot to call on day 180) and times were already limited. So the moral of my little story is if you want to eat at LeCellier call at 180 days.

tinksmom02
07-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Can't help you with the big group part, but DD4 did fine there on our last trip. I wouldn't call it an "elegant" place, children are certainly welcome there. If you're really concerned about it, just make sure you bring something to entertain them while they wait for their food. I agree with the other posters--try to get an early or late lunch seating, or an early dinner. It might be less crowded, and those times might work better for the kids, anyway (as opposed to an 8:30pm seating, for example).

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 01:05 AM
If one of your concerns is if the children will be 'loud' in a 'nice restaurant'......PLEASE do not worry about that.

Le Celliers and O'Hana's were the LOUDEST restaurants I've been too.........ever (except a McDonald's at a party).

If you are doing the dining plan, then you WILL get your money's worth.

Do it !!!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
This will be our only table service meal of the trip. Any opinions on our choice and or suggestions for other memorable yet family oriented TS in Epcot are great appreciated. Thanks! :mickey:
If your goal is to have one really nice meal for your trip, and the menu at Le Cellier turns your crank, then I would not hesitate to make the ressie with your children. Ours were 8 and 2 when we were there last year, and were fine. Le Cellier is a steak house, and not frou-frou at all -- there were many children there and lots of noise...so don't worry about that. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Disney Yankee
07-19-2007, 12:34 PM
We go to LeCellier each time we visit WDW. Usually we have a party of 8 and we do have to wait to be seated. Twelve might be tough. However, the food is always great (we fight over the pretzel bread)! We've been going since DS were 4 and 9 mo. and never had a problem. Enjoy!:mickey:

RALPH
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Having eaten at LC over 15 times you will not have a problem and fit right in. It's a Disney restaurant! We are not talking Victoria and Albert's or Shula's! The kids will love it too! Warning, if they see some other kid order a Northern Lights drink, be prepared for everyone to want their own, Heck, our DS still gets one, and he is 14 now!

wendy*darling
07-19-2007, 10:20 PM

I can't recommend Biergarten enough as an "experience". Don't let the beer part throw you off, our little kids and big kids alike *loved* this place because there's live music and small dance floor where everyone is encouraged to go dance

I have to second the recommendation for Germany's Biergarten. :thumbsup:
Since this is your only table service- I think you get a lot more bang for your buck at the Biergarten. Not only is there really good food, but the entertainment makes it a memorable event for everyone.

I love LeCellier as well. But in case you can't get a table at a reasonable time for your large group- no worries- head to Germany.

Another great suggestion is Morocco's Marrakesh. They have excellent food, the kids & grown ups will love it- especially the belly dancer!

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 08:18 AM
I love LeCellier as well. But in case you can't get a table at a reasonable time for your large group- no worries- head to Germany.

Another great suggestion is Morocco's Marrakesh. They have excellent food, the kids & grown ups will love it- especially the belly dancer!
These are two of my favourites too (especially Marrakesh :secret: ) . :thumbsup:

DVC2004
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
We took my two plus my niece and nephew there a few years ago- ages ranged from 3-7. They were fine- there's always kis there since it's inside the park. Go and enjoy!

Marceline
07-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies. :thumbsup: Looks like we are going to go for it! Will make the ADR at the crack of dawn 180 days out and have the Biergarten lined up as an exciting second choice if we can't get in. ;)

I personally have dined at Le Cellier twice and think they were the two best meals I have had in my entire life and am very excited to experience it with my extended family. We love good food, we love WDW and we love being together so it sounds heavenly to me!!!:D

I can taste the pretzel breadsticks now. :cloud9: