PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge

TinkerBarb
07-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Has anyone eaten here? How was it?

CKMom
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
As far as the food, we were on the dining plan and 3 of us had the skillet. It was tasty, and enough to go around. My dd had a kids meal, which was just ok. Seating time was very fast, waitress service was very slow, and ours was having an off night so no fun stuff. Kids enjoyed the pony races..

DessertDivaFL
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
First of all, welcome to Intercot! :mickey:
I ate there for the first time in March and it was delicious. I ate at lunch time and had the pulled pork sandwich. It was the best I have ever had. My friend had the nachos and they were good. It is definitely a fun place and if you have kids they will enjoy it.

Tygger7
07-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome to Intercot! We've eaten there twice and it's become a "must do". Both times, we've had excellent service and the food has been fantastic. We always get the family style skillet meal, and it's delicious! But it's the atmosphere that makes the Whispering Canyon...it's a blast. Just be sure to ask for a LARGE beverage, and ketchup, with your meal. :funny: You'll be glad you did.

tony2979
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
absolute BLAST!!!!

Food was great. My 10 year old and I had the skillet, wife had a steak, and 7 year old had chicken strips. Everyone loved their food.

Waitress gave us a hard (but fun) time, but she was the best. None of us had room for desert, and didn't want to take any with us. Without being asked, she went and packaged 4 glass bottles of Evian (something like that, it was water) for us to take. Other than that, she threw napkins and straws at us, made me regret asking for a LARGE glass of water, and made sure we had all of the ketchup that we could ever want :-)

TinkerBarb
07-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Well thanky for all the WELCOMES!!!!!!! Made me smile :mickey: anyhow I will make sure I ask for a Large Drink and Ketchup although Im not so sure I want to lol

NJGIRL
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
We ate there and it was so much fun!! Our food was great. We all got different things and everyone was very pleased.

moe513
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
The food was very good and the atmosphere was fun. Also, the lobby at wl is awesome to see.

luv_cinderella
07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
We had both breakfast and dinner there and were very pleased! Both meals were absolutely delicious. :cloud9:

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Well thanky for all the WELCOMES!!!!!!! Made me smile :mickey: anyhow I will make sure I ask for a Large Drink and Ketchup although Im not so sure I want to lol

Definately bring a camera when you dine at WCC. We have great pictures of our kids doing the pony races, our DD with a lovely napkin do-rag on her head (she was 18 mos at the time!) and our DS with the ketchup. It is one of our favs at WDW.

luvdiznee
07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Skillet at dinner was great (can't wait to go and try the breakfast one). But the fried chicken was dry. Someone was probably having a bad day. :confused:And the resort is beautiful. Geyser (?) and all. :mickey:

chefmickey3
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Are here for the first time in June. Really enjoyed dinner (DH and I both had steak). Kids liked their meals and the pony races. Ketchup is a must for DH and the kids and they got a kick out of it! We will be eating here at least once next trip.

DDuck66
07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
We have eaten there twice and it is fast becoming one of our favorites. The interaction is nice and the food has been very good. The nice thing is that you have a choice between a all you can eat "skillet" or a individual meal.

Disney Yankee
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
This place is definitely worth the trip! :thumbsup: My son celebrated his birthday at WKC in June. :birthday: He could have chosen any restaurant for his birthday dinner at WDW:mickey:, and he chose this one. He loved it!!! Don't forget to ask for some KETCHUP!!!;)

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Whispering Canyon is a great place to eat, especially with children. It will be loud and boisterous with a lot of fun going on! The food is good also!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 01:38 PM
I can't imagine anyone being disappointed! We have tried just about everything on the menu and haven't had any complaints on any of it! You have to go in wanting to have a good time. My husband HATES interactive restaurants, he just wants to go in and eat his dinner. :eat: Even he likes this place. We have eaten there the past 4 trips. Have a great time!:mickey:

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 10:07 AM
We really like it. Watching the kids is great and the food is good.

MickeyMousse
07-21-2007, 05:24 PM
My family and I had a great time there! I had the skillet, DH had the steak and my boys had chicken fingers. The mac and cheese was really good! The waitress was alot of fun, as were watching my oldest son join in the horse race.
It was alot of fun-enjoy!!

kmo84
07-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I finally tried WCC a few weeks back after reading all the reviews.

The food was fantastic! As someone else mentioned, the pulled pork was so good, and the chicken was so moist and delicious.
The activities during the meal were fun, too! My kids all got to do the pony race.

This is now a must visit for us. We will be going back again very soon!

DreamFinder2
07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
:cap: Here's my WCC story...

So we ate at WCC when we stayed at WL about 3 yrs ago. It was me, my wife, her sister and the sister's husband. We had just finished a FULL morning/afternoon of the Magic Kingdom. We were tired, probably grumpy and hot. We had never eaten at WCC, didn't know anything about it and just wanted a quite meal in a cool place...

...needless to say, that's not what WCC is all about! I have to admit we were a little short with our waiter. Hopefully not rude, but we really weren't in the mood...you know??? He tried his best to get us to "participate", but we were about the only people in the restaurant at 3pm in the afternoon and, like I said, we just wanted a place to relax. Playing along was not in the cards.

It's kind of a funny story when we look back on it...but, moral of the story is that you should really be in the MOOD for WCC if you plan to eat there :thumbsup: