PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby Fantasmic package

hnybear22
07-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone
Dh,DD & myself have ressies for the fantasmic dinner package in Sept.
I have seen some postings on a limited menu for the package, but have been unable to locate any specifics on this.

Can someone who has had the dinner pkg please let me know what to expect. This will be our first visit to the Brown Derby, so I really don't know what is good or not so good on the menu/

SBETigg
07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
We loved the Brown Derby for the Fantasmic package. You get an appetizer, entree, dessert each(right off the menu, no limitations), and they give you a voucher for the special entrance to Fantasmic. About an hour or a half hour before the show, show up at the entrance and a guide will meet you, let you in, and show you to your seating section. It's basically the whole right side of the theater- you can sit anywhere there. We like to get there about an hour early, people-watch, and let the excitement build.

Dinner is fantastic. The restaurant is nice but you'll be comfortable in park clothes. Sometimes, the streetmosphere type characters come in and swan around. We had a Douglas Fairbanks type actor making the rounds, pausing at some tables. It was fun. The food was excellent. I had salmon, which was good, and my dh and ds had the filet mignon, also delicious. My daughter's pork tenderloin was the stand-out, really good. She also had the best appetizer- the cremini mushroom and chevre ravioli, yum. The cobb salad is their big dish, but I found it too chopped up and meaty. I prefer more greens. The grapefruit cake is their other special dish, but it was very grapefruity, not my favorite. The desserts weren't the best, but not bad. Have a great time!

Florida Dreamer
07-18-2007, 08:51 AM
We enjoyed the Brown Derby Fantasmic package last year and it was a highlight of our trip. We found the dining experience to be a great time as we each ordered different appetizers, entrees, and desserts and had tastes of each. The passes into Fantasmic made it very easy to get a great seat to cap off a wonderful night at MGM.

Kairi_7378
07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
We ate at the Brown Derby as our "welcome to vacation" dinner in March. The restaurant is beautiful and the service is very good. (A little faster than some of the signature dining places, I think.)
The food was excellent but I thought the portions were a little small. I had the crab cake, salmon, and the bananas foster cake. Husband had mushroom ravioli, fillet, and the white chocolate cheesecake. I wuld try t ogo at an "off" dining time to avoid cranky children. A lot of people had children in the restaurant who were tired from a day of touring in the parks and were too tired to behave through a nice dinner.

Maleficent's Dad
07-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Love the BD. Great dining - especially considering it's in the middle of a Theme Park!

There is one limitation on the Fantasmic! dining package. The Cobb Salad counts as 2 appetizers - so if you were to get it, it would have to be split between 2 people under the Fantasmic! dining package.

The Cobb Salad is our favorite for lunch.
There are lots of other good choices if everyone wants their own, however!

hnybear22
07-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great info!!~

Now I am even more excited than before!!:rocks: