PDA

View Full Version : With the No Smoking Policy in all Resort Buildings............

Magic Smiles
07-17-2007, 11:55 PM
do you find that there are more smokers everywhere now? Looking at the resort maps there seems to be a lot more locations to smoke than before, especially at the Value and Moderate Resorts. DIdn't I read somewhere that there would be smoke free access to all food areas? Doesn't appear that way on the maps.

psychotekkie
07-18-2007, 12:35 AM
LOL Spoken like a true Canadian. I know, we get so used to our non-smoking laws at home, we want to see the same elsewhere. My family does not like cigarette smoke either, especially around our children, but we will put up with the extra smoking areas so long as no-one has been sneaking smokes in our room.

JPL
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I was at Pop in June and most of the Smoking areas were down by Hour Glass Lake. Most people seemed to be following the rules. There were none close the food court at Pop. I didn't notice any more people smoking or any less. I would say I still saw the same amount of people walking with cigarettes as I did on past trips. So the real difference is I didn't see any people smoking outside their room doors.

MNNHFLTX
07-19-2007, 09:01 AM
During a stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort in June, the only designated smoking area that I noticed consistently in use was at the bus-stop.

garymacd
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
LOL Spoken like a true Canadian. I know, we get so used to our non-smoking laws at home, we want to see the same elsewhere. My family does not like cigarette smoke either, especially around our children, but we will put up with the extra smoking areas so long as no-one has been sneaking smokes in our room.

I agree, fellow Canuck! You just can't get rid of the smell. I think what I hate most of all is getting burnt by someone who isn't watching where their cigarette is and touching arms, legs, etc.

Actually I hate when people drop their butts wherever they like. I used to work on a beach and on cool, rainy days all the lifeguards spent the entire day picking up cigarette butts. Disgusting.:ack:

LilHooligan74
07-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I am a smoker, so is my wife but we don't smoke in our house. I understand the pov from people who are not smokers. I hope to be a non-smoker by the time we travel to WDW. I think the designated smoking areas are a good step towards a healthier lifestyle for all. I think people should adhere to the rules. As a smoker I have been in designated smoking areas before with a non-smoker sitting next to me and complaining about the smoke.:confused: My ability to smoke has been suppressed, but I can live with that. I can go without a cigarette to be in WDW.:thumbsup: What i think is slightly unfair is complaints of the smoking areas. They have removed smoking from the rooms themselves. Whether people adhere to that is on them. I think if you don't like smoking or the smell stay away from the smoking areas.

yasmina
07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
I am a smoker, so is my wife but we don't smoke in our house. I understand the pov from people who are not smokers. I hope to be a non-smoker by the time we travel to WDW. I think the designated smoking areas are a good step towards a healthier lifestyle for all. I think people should adhere to the rules. As a smoker I have been in designated smoking areas before with a non-smoker sitting next to me and complaining about the smoke.:confused: My ability to smoke has been suppressed, but I can live with that. I can go without a cigarette to be in WDW.:thumbsup: What i think is slightly unfair is complaints of the smoking areas. They have removed smoking from the rooms themselves. Whether people adhere to that is on them. I think if you don't like smoking or the smell stay away from the smoking areas.

Amen! My DH & I are also considerate smokers, only smoke where permitted, and would never "sneak" one in the bathroom, or wherever.

I had a much longer response typed, then erased it as I don't want this to turn into a smoker vs. non-smoker thread. I've see lots of those, here and on other boards, and they can get very ugly.

So suffice it to say that I totally agree with you. :mickey:

DessertDivaFL
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
When we were at SSR in June we didn't encounter any problems except at the bus stop. There was a lady there huffing and puffing (literally) complaining about the new policy that had just taken effect a few days prior. She said her travel agent didn't inform her of this new policy so she dared anyone to tell her to not smoke where she wanted to. I know all smokers are not like that because my fiance is a smoker and he is very considerate. Thank you to those of you who are too! :thumbsup:

LauraF
07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
I think if you don't like smoking or the smell stay away from the smoking areas.
Some places that's easier do than in others. Prevailing winds can carry the smoke for several feet if the permitted area is not well planned out. I think if other people want to smoke, then they can go right ahead - just as long as they follow the rules so we can all coexist.

But I'm happy to see that WDW has put some thought into that and (at CSR at least) on the new map it shows the smoking areas away from the guest rooms and other places like that.