PDA

View Full Version : VMK Communicator

chrisb26
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Stay in touch with the Virtual Magic Kingdom! With the VMK Communicator you'll get constant updates from VMK sent straight to your computer desktop. Just download the Communicator and get continuous updates from VMK! You'll never miss a Newsletter update or in-game event ever again!

-Stay constantly connected with the Virtual Magic Kingdom!
-Get VMK news as soon as it's released!
-Stay on top of in-game happenings and events!
-Download VMK Wallpapers for your computer desktop!

WDWfanatic742
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Get it here:

VMK Communicator (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/community/index?name=DownloadsPage)

Basically, it has the events and the newsletter on your desktop.

Wow, it takes up about 31 MB just running in the background on your computer.

JPL
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmm last thing I need is more junk on my desktop :blush:

chrisb26
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
This doesn't really seem to intrest me all that much. I have seen pictures of it and it is basically the same things you can find on the VMK website. It has the events for the day and you can read push trivia, Yeti Speaks, the Newsletter and all that stuff.

However you can't log in from this thing so you still have to go to the site to do this.

Something I found very funny while reading the description was.

You'll never miss a Newsletter update again!

Now is it just me or to miss an update wouldn't you need an update :confused:

I think I'll pass on this.

JPL
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Threads Merged :mickey:

varcity
07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Now is it just me or to miss an update wouldn't you need an update :confused:

I didn't say that... :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
One word: BORING. :bored::wait:

bigpapiortiz34
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I think its a good idea. More like a good try...I like it, but like everyone already said, its just all the stuff you can get on the website. I have it. Its okay. Kinda cluttered looking. Pop-up updates on events and such. Anh, nothing to special. Oh and the backgrounds for your computer that they have on the Communicator, TERRIBLE graphics. Just POOR.

LittleDragonErin
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I think this is what happens when the web developers have nothing else to do waiting for the producers to give them something to update the site with. :P

battlefield2freak
07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
i downloaded it expecting it to be beter then vmk pal, what a joke. the only thing it has that pal doesnt is the screensavers and wallpapers. it also doenst let u log in through it, take pictures of the game, or save phrases on it. it basically has everythin else that vmk pal has. maybe this is what kept yavn busy so long.

LittleDragonErin
08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Sooo...now that this has been out for a while...anybody actually use it? And if so, does it actually do anything? :P