PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Antenna toppers stolen!

mousewrangler
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok, I've learned my lesson: keep the GOOD antenna toppers off your car...

In the six years I've had toppers on my car, no one's ever taken them. But, a few months ago, someone took one of my favorites off the antenna. Then, tonight, my second favorite was ripped off!

If you know where I can buy these, or if you or someone you know is willing to part with them, I WILL BUY THEM FROM YOU.

Looking for:

:mickey:Blue camouflage mickey mouse antenna ball

:mickey:Teal green Hawaiian mickey antenna ball with flower on ear

Both are from the Disney Store, four or five years ago. I know this is a longshot, but I want to replace them if I can.

Any help is appreciated!

LauraleeH
07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
I looked online for you but couldn't find them, sorry :(

What do you do with them when they aren't on your car? Do you put them away somewhere or display them? I can't put them on my car because they would get stolen! Plus, I lost one of my favorites in a car wash :blush:

Lizzie
07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I have had some fun ones stolen. I always worry about putting them on my car but if I don't they are just sitting around, and what do I do with them? My Stitch one has lasted me three months so far. :mickey:

BashfulMom
08-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Plus, I lost one of my favorites in a car wash :blush:

I lost mine in a car wash an hour after I put it on. I didn't even think about it. I noticed that it was missing once we arrived at our destination and my wonderful husband went back and found it for me. :)

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Bummer! I had one stolen, too, a glitter-gold eared anniversary one that they don't make anymore. I replaced it with a plain black one that I still have. My next car won't have an antenna so I am enjoying it while I can. Sorry about your loss. I hope you find replacements.

thrillme
08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I had one swiped but that's been the only one. I did have someone tell me once that they put a little drop of superglue and it keeps them from coming off "easily". They have to work harder at it.

Now I have a Santa Fe. It's great. The antenna is THICK and you have to practically use a stool to get to it (at least "I" do). Also with the antenna being as thick as a finger I have to use a screw driver to make the hole a little bigger then I really have to screw it on. That puppy doesn't come off till "I" take it off. On top of that anybody stealing it...because the hole's now molded to my THICK antenna it's useless to them.

I've thought about an Antenna Ball Holder. Perhaps something like a "coat hanger" carefully bent to fit over your rearview mirror (provided that it's not "obstructing" your view) and it would hold the balls inside the vehical.

Patricia
09-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I now started hanging them by fishing line from the rear view mirror after having a Tigger stolen and my antenna wrecked.

It was not a topper but rather it looked like Tigger was hanging onto the antenna and blowing in the wind. My antenna had a ball on top of it and I had to make the hole in Tigger bigger to even get it on.. still I had a hard time getting it on and decided it was probably never coming off. Sadly, someone really wanted it and bent my antenna up getting it off. I won't try that again.:(

McGoofy
10-09-2007, 05:23 AM
I had one stolen of all places...at DISNEY WORLD!!! We were staying at Pop Century and our parking space was at the 70's building right along the path that everybody walks to get to the bus stop. We didn't ues our car all week, so we didn't notice when it happened. The day we went home we realized that our gold glitter 50th anniversary Mickey antennae topper was missing. I knew that was going to be a limited edition topper, so I bought another one before we left. Fortunately, I still have it.

Good luck finding the ones that you are missing.

pennsy22
10-09-2007, 05:33 AM
Bummer! I had one stolen, too, a glitter-gold eared anniversary one that they don't make anymore.

I had mine stolen a week after I put it on. I've had my red, white and blue Mickey head for about 4 or 5 years.

Momof2boys
10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I use my as pen toppers at work.

We've also made a antenna topper bouquet at home for them -

PirateLover
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
On our last trip I bought Animal and a Stitch antenna toppers for my brother and myself and both were stolen within 3 days of being on the car. Total bummer. People have suggested putting thumbtacks on. I fear in this neighborhood that being pricked might anger the potential thief more. Sorry this happened to you.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-09-2007, 11:13 PM
We had our Sorcerer Mickey topper stolen last year. :(

I have a baseball Mickey on now and so far so good. (Knock on wood). I did take it off when we were at Shea two weeks ago and while parked in Manhattan on Saturday. I wasn't taking any chances. Sad isn't that.

N2DisneyWorld
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I love my antenna toppers. I have a few that I use on my car (if they are stolen then no big deal). The others I put on a small Christmas tree. I have enough to fill the tree up. My husband screwed little things in the top of them and I hang them on the tree with fishing wire. It is a really cute tree at Christmas.