PDA

View Full Version : Lines for AP Processing?

Milan23
07-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Hello...I am going to be at DL next week with DS2 and am planning to get an annual pass. The last time I did this was during winter break in 2005 and the lines to process your AP had a wait of over an hour.

Since DH will not be with us this time, I have no one to pass him off to, and I am worried about keeping a squirmy toddler occupied for such a long time.

Has anyone noticed if the lines are that long in the summer? If so, any tips on when the least busy times might be?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Melanie
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
When I was there last month (second week of June), there were essentially no lines. A member of our party was in and out in a matter of minutes.

Milan23
07-18-2007, 01:33 AM
That is good to hear, thanks for the response!

Disneyluvr2
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
My suggestion would be to get there early and process your AP first thing before you do anything else. It seems the line gets longer as the day goes on.:mickey:

*tinker_belle*
07-24-2007, 12:37 AM
I've found there to be virtually no line at park closing but i don't know if you'd want to stay that late with your baby. Since we park hop, i always just scope out the line for AP's when we pass it. Early morning might just be your best bet.

BrerGnat
07-24-2007, 01:53 AM
I was there last Wednesday and had to process my son's first AP (he just turned 3). :mickey:

We walked into the park around 9:30 (park opening had been at 8am) and THANKFULLY, there was NO ONE at the processing center. We were done in less than 2 minutes.

NotaGeek
07-24-2007, 02:13 AM
The times I have been seem very hit and miss. 3 years ago I waited for almost 45 minutes at park open, but the last couple of times there was no wait at park open and during the middle of the day. I have definitely noticed more people waiting during the day, but when I am at DL next Sunday-Tuesday I will definitely take a gander for you!

rjbarker
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I got my first annual pass in August 2005 and I let it expire in August 2006. When I went to renew it in April 2007 they just gave me a new card at guest services with my old picture on it. No waiting in line or anything. I assumed from your post that you got a pass previously in 2005, so maybe that'll happen for you too. It sure was a pleasant surprise!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I am getting an ap for the first time in a couple of weeks. Is it cheeper to do it there or should I do it online? Is it quicker to do it online and than pick it up there?

NotaGeek
07-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I am getting an ap for the first time in a couple of weeks. Is it cheeper to do it there or should I do it online? Is it quicker to do it online and than pick it up there?

Same price, both places ... it's only cheaper to re-up your AP online before it expires next year. It's not really any quicker as you still need to go to a ticket window or guest services to get your pass and then go to the Bank on Main Street to have your photo taken and get the actual pass issued...

rjbarker
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think there's a price difference between online and at the park. I also don't think it would make much a difference as far as waiting in line goes because I'm assuming if you get it online you either a) wait in the ticket line anyway to get the correct paperwork to bring to the AP processing office or b) skip the ticket line and go straight to the AP processing center. If it's b), I don't think you'll save much time because the ticket line goes pretty quickly and is non-existent later in the day.

ChipDale
07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
One thing I've noticed about going in December is that the line for AP processing is usually long throughout the day.

This time of year you should have no problem. :) Have a great time!