PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Night Room?

shannybanany
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi all,
I have read the threads with all your wonderful recommendations for a romantic honeymoon resort. I have a similar question. My fiance and I are getting married at WDW in May '08 and since we can guarantee the amount of room nights they require, we receive a complimentary standard room at a resort of our choice for the wedding night. Which one should we pick?? I've been there plenty of times (we met while on the International Program), but just don't know which one to pick. We've been going back and forth between GF and AKL. Also, you can pay the difference and upgrade to a better room. Should we do it?? Just looking for some opinions. It's only for that one night as we will be rejoining the rest of the wedding clan the next night.

Thanks!
Shannon

Kairi_7378
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Where is the rest of the wedding party staying? You might want to stay somewhere where the theming is different than wherever you are spending the rest of your vacation.
I had a co worker who split his honeymoon between AKL and GF and he loved both. If it were my wedding night, I would choose a Savannah room at the AKL. The rooms are supposed to be nicer at night than the day, and they look very romantic. I would love to wake up next to my new husband and be able to watch the sun rise over the Savanna. Congratulations on your wedding, and happy planning!

PS. Just saw that this is your first post, so WELCOME to Intercot!

offwego
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!

And congrats on your upcoming wedding.

You didn't mention where you would be having your ceremony, but I would factor that in as well as if you can have the room be closer to that it might be simpler to get to etc.

Do you normally stay at a deluxe? If you do I'd lean to GF as that's hard to justify $$ for and a standard room at the AKL would be a treat I could splurge on for myself.

Also the whole "robes etc" thing at GF would really add to it for me. But do either of you have a special connection to animals that would make that worth it for you?

Such a personal choice..but for me I'd pick the GF.

CandleontheWater
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I'd pick the GF too, I think it is just the most romantic resort. It would be perfect for a wedding night! Congrats on your wedding, I hope it is truely magical!

DizneyRox
07-19-2007, 08:22 AM
You may want to get clarification on that. We were able to use the comp night at ANY point within our stay.

We chose the GF because that's where we needed it. We used DVC point to stay there and used the comp night for a weekend to lower the "cost". With DVC it's cheaper to stay weekdays than weekends, so we eliminated one of the weekend days from having to be reserved with points.

But, I would use it for the resort of your choice for the rest of the stay. Moving for one night is a pain, and personally I like AKL better than GF. We switched once and stayed at GF for the last part of the stay and regretted it.

moe513
07-19-2007, 09:32 AM
An upper floor at the gf.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
An upper floor at the gf.

Could you please help me by explaining why this specifically? I'm reading these w/interest cause I'm planning my anniversary trip, and having a hard time nailing down which rooms are what in the GF--we want to stay in the main building.....
:thanks:

Disney Yankee
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Definitely the GF. If I had to do it over again, I would choose DW as my honeymoon destination, and I'd stay at the GF. :cloud9: Have fun!

brewcrew26
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :wishes:

My fiance and I are getting married in February and having our honeymoon in April. We've picked the AKL for the exotic location. We'll be staying on the concierge level and can't wait for the sunrise safari and breakfast at Tusker House.

Plus, we're having our honeymoon photos taken at the Magic Kingdom with Disney Photographic Services while we're down there.

But we basically picked AKL for its location. We liked the secluded nature of it and the chance to see animals (if they're awake, I guess) and you really feel like you're somewhere else. We're not quite the GF type of people for tea and crumpets (not that that's bad), but you should make your first night together something unique and memorable that makes you both feel special.

Good luck with the selection!! :balloon:

prprincess
07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Go for the GF. We chose it for our wedding night when we got married at WDW in 2003. We were happily upgraded to the Turret Room. :cloud9:

MR.MIKE
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
We also used the comp night for our last day and not the day we renewed our vows.

We picked the GF and were given one of the octagon honeymoon rooms with a view of everything and i do mean everything!!

It was a fantastic room.

jwallace378
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Wife and I honeymooned in WDW and stayed in Poly concierge. We probably had one of the nicest views in the all of WDW. Front and center of Cinderella's castle on the lake.