PDA

View Full Version : DVC Specials?

crazykids
07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Planning on taking the tour in September & was wondering if there are any specials ever offered for the resorts that have already been sold out. We are interested in either Beach Club / Boardwalk area. Should I monitor the resale listings for a good contract or should I hold off until I take the tour?

pogo
07-17-2007, 02:43 PM
We took the tour in April and I asked about the other resorts as well and was told nothing was available at any resort except SSR and AKV.

I asked to be called if something became available and we have not recieved a call from DVC yet. We are also looking at resale at this time from about three different brokers. :D

lockedoutlogic
07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Question:
If it's sold out...why would there be any "sales" for it....

that's a contradiction in terms....no?

mprewitt
07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Points are usually available from Disney for the "sold-out" (referring to the initial sales) resorts. In some cases, you may have to be put on a wait list.

When I added on at BWV, Disney had the points and they were in my account the next day.

When I added on at BCV, I had to wait about 3 weeks before the points became available.

For your initial purchase into DVC, Disney will push you into SSR or AKV. While it's possible to buy into other resorts for your initial buy-in, you might want to pursue the resales channel, as it will be less expensive.

dlpmikki
07-17-2007, 04:01 PM
When Disney buy points on the 'right of first refusal' on resales these points become available for Disney to resell at full price.