PDA

View Full Version : Which sense would you choose?

Mickey Magic
07-17-2007, 02:03 PM
:mickey:We've all posted about our favorite sounds, smells, sights, tastes, ... of WDW BUT...What if you could experience the MAGIC with only 1 of the senses? Which sense would you choose and why?

I would have to say I would probably choose...HEARING...I would want to hear the music playing in the background walking down MS, the screams from TM, the songs in IASW and SM,...I can picture WDW in my head without even closing my eyes...SO I could picture it all with the wonderful SOUNDS!

So what do you think?:mickey:

JPL
07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Hearing would definately be my choice since they have created such a sound rich environment in the parks :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
07-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I would have to say smell. The only reason is that it is the most powerful sense to trigger a memory. I can be walking down the street, smell something that reminds me of MK, and remember exactly where it was and what I was doing.

caryrae
07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I would choose sight. I just could not imagine not seeing any of the wonderful rides and shows (now and in the future) in WDW or the parades and fireworks. At least if I could see I could still get around fairly easily on my own. I would also miss not seeing all the landscaping throughout WDW.

countrycharmer
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
For me I think it would be "hearing"...sometimes if I hear a song and close my eyes I can revisit the ride!!!

My second would be sight, because they truly are amazing!

kathiep
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I would want to be able to see a child's face the first time they see the castle or Mickey Mouse!

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 09:23 PM
sight, definetly. imagine not being able to see all the rides?! terrible!

caryrae
07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Also I couldn't imagine not seeing all the animals at AK, more so on the Safari ride, also all the great themeing in each land at AK.

Or just think of never seeing :mickey2::minnie2::goofy2::pluto::tink: and friends and never seeing Cindy's castle while walking down Main Street first thing in the morning ever again would really ****.

Of course losing any of those senses would not be good. Like if you lost your sense of smell you couldn't taste very good or not at all.

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Sight. I cannot imagine not being able to see Mickey and Minnie or Cinderella's Castle!

EvilQueen2006
07-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Another vote for sight. Disney puts so much effort into all the details. I couldn't imagine not being able to see them.

Rica
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
It would have to be sight. I would have to see the magic.:mickey:

DessertDivaFL
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Another vote for sight. Just makes me more appreciative that I have sight and can enjoy seeing these great wonders of our world.

psychotekkie
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Sight. I would still hear the songs in my own head... hey wait, I can hear them now... It's a small world after all....

mainemajor
07-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Boy this is tough, but I choose hearing too. While I enjoy people watching without the sound it would not be as interesting. The sounds of children's excitement, the music throughout the parks and hotels. Sounds are all about and that is what I would want more than the others.

beksy
07-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Sight! I can't imagine not being able to appreciate all the effort put into everything in the park (from rides to landscaping!). :mickey: This would follow closely by sound but I would hate to miss out on anything by not having one of my senses. I guess touch would be the best one to be without.

BritCody
07-18-2007, 11:27 AM
It would have to be sight. I couldn't imagine not seeing the rides, the castle, the parades, etc, etc

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I would have to say hearing.
Having seen everything there dozens of times, the images will always be in my mind.
But...the music, the oohs and aahs of the crowd during the fireworks or the squeals of delight when a child sees their favorite character for the first time are things that I would want to be able to experience.
To me, that is the real magic of WDW.:mickey:

CosmicRay
07-19-2007, 11:55 PM
There are smells that if I smell something like it, I get excited. One of my favorite smells is the Land Pavilion. I walk through places and get excited, close my eyes and tell DH I can smell the Land!

There are other times that the sense of touch is great though. Because we go in December and when we have a sunny crisp day, I say "this is Disney weather!"

I would love a cool, crisp day right now!!

PeterPanFan
07-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Sight!!!

aprilshowers93
07-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I would have to say hearing. Although it would be extremely sad not to see the rides, when I hear "it's a small world after all" I can picture what it would look like, but to take it in with all the wonderful music and sounds of the park....mmmm....heaven.

January-2007
07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, hearing the music playing all around while there is really something special, but it just can't beat seeing the sun setting over Bay Lake, so I choose sight.

IloveDisney71
07-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I would have say sight. I would hate to miss all the little Disney touches that are every where you look. I can't imagine never being able to see Cinderella's Castle and Carousel, wishes, Fantasmic, Main Street, etc...

texasteacher
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Definitely hearing. While WDW is a sight to behold, what would those sights be without the sounds? The sounds evokes more emotion from me. Sounds...definitely sounds.

WDWfanatic742
07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Hearing is definately first, and sight would be a close second.