PDA

View Full Version : favorite "retired" sounds

briguy
07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
The post on favorite sounds got me thinking...what are your favorite sounds that are no longer there? Can be from a retired attraction or something that changed and now sounds different. For example, the two that come immediately to my mind are the background music from Wonders of Life (specifically the instrumental that I can't name but you'd know it) and of course the manual slamming of monorail doors.

Others?

TinkRocks
07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I miss listening to Tone Loc's voice in Food Rocks... I also miss the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit song...

CM~Mserrano
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I miss the Phil Collins "True Colors" song they used to have for the preshow of HISTA. For preshows, I actually liked that one and it's a great song!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I miss the music from the Main St Electric Light Parade. It was such happy, upbeat music.

Anborn
07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
captain eo was actually pretty cool back in the day. anything from the original journey into imagination ride. the theme music for horizons (if you can dream it...). and any of the music from the tiki room before the new management.

skylardad
07-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Jack Wagner's monorail spiels and announcements throught WDW.

Everything Horizons.

The original EPCOT entrance loop.

The original "Exit Music" from Illuminations that features the GE Theme music from the Horizons BGM and Small World (in non-annoying arrangement).

And I will second the sound of manual slamming doors on the monorails - good call!

My favorite daytime parade music - Remember The Magic - Celebrating 25 Years of The Magic Kingdom.

Good thread - thanks for getting the memories rolling! :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
MSEP music!!!

Marilyn Michetti
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
The Tapestry of Dreams parade. It was beyond awesome:thumbsup:

Donald A
07-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I miss the music from the Main St Electric Light Parade. It was such happy, upbeat music.

I vote for this music too. I believe it is called "Baroque Hoedown"

DessertDivaFL
07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I miss the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sounds and voices during the ride. Captain Nemo would say, "Dive! Dive! Steady as she goes! Look, the lost City of Atlantis, mermaids and sea serpents!" :mickey:

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I miss the Main Street Electrical Parade... all of it!

The Dreamfinder and original Figment.

The very beginning of Fantasy in the Sky fireworks... the trumpets sounding and drums... oh man.. I LOVE that show!

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow, I miss a lot:
Main Street Electrical Parade
SSE original score (and soon I'll miss the current one)
Energy You Make the World Go Round
Universe of Energy
Horizons
It's Fun to be Free
O'Canada (the original will be gone in Sept:()
Original One Little Spark
Share a Dream Come True
All the original spacey, futuristic songs from the 70's and 80's

snifflesmcg
07-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I have to agree..
My favorite missed sounds is the Main St Electrical Parade. There is just SOMETHING about that music!

Bobby T
07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Great post. I could list quite a few, but will settle for one.

"The Wedway Peoplemover system is capable of speeds of 20 miles per hour. But we decided to save high speed adventures like that for Space Mountain. So we're just cruising along at 10 miles per hour."

- ORAC One

beksy
07-18-2007, 01:09 AM

Agreed! This is what I miss the most. Still gives me goose bumps when I listen to it on CD. :cloud9:

AdventurerKim
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I miss so many retired sounds including the song from World of Motion "It's Fun To Be Free", original Imagination soundtrack and song "One Little Spark", Main Street Electrical Parade song, the original boy selling newspapers in Spaceship Earth, "Happy Birthday" being sung to Davey in Horizons, and the music from Captain EO!

mainemajor
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Everything from the original Figment - JIYI. :figment:

GrmGrninGost
07-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I miss the Main St. Electrical Parade! I just love Baroque Hoedown! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
All of the sounds of Kitchen Cabaret especially Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit

krazeerosie
07-19-2007, 12:31 AM
All of the sounds of Kitchen Cabaret especially Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit

I have to agree with Kitchen Cabaret. I had to go to www.youtube.com just to see it again and relive it. I do miss it.:mickey:

DisneyAndRedSox
07-19-2007, 07:52 AM
My first post!

I miss "Now is the Time" from Carousel of Progress, but the current song "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is the original song from the World's Fair so I'm not too sad....

Main Street Electrical Parade Music

Not in the WDW but what I miss most of all... At Orlando International Airport the monorail to the baggage claim area used to say "WELCOME to Orlando International Airport!" as soon as the doors closed. I would just smile and my whole family would look at me and laugh becuase hearing that meant I was now in my happy-place. :party:

Oh, and my whole family still calls the TTA the WED-way people mover!

Laughin' place
07-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Im usually pretty good at tracking this down on my own, but I havent been able to find this song. Can anyone help ?

BoardwalkDweller
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Just read my signature quote.

"It's the Zip-a-dee-do-dah... Tip for Today!"

I remember staying in the BC back in 2002 for our honeymoon, and this commercial was on the DW channel the whole time we were down there. At first it drove me and my wife nuts. :fit: Then after a few days there I couldn't get that little jingle out of my head. Then I just drove my wife nuts by singing it every ten minutes. Hee-hee. :D Good fun.

I wouldn't mind them bringing that back again, but I bet my wife would.

CosmicRay
07-19-2007, 11:49 PM
I enjoy the music in Tomorrow land when you are going around in the TTA, but I miss the old music. Luckily I have a CD of the whole track so I can relive the old days!

Take Flight is another song

and Tapestry of Dreams

tomorrowschild
07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Everyone has listed such good ones. But the ones that I miss the most are- the BGM while waiting in line at Horizons (not that you had to wait in line for very long), Tomorrow's Child, and the song from Mr. Toads.

briguy
07-20-2007, 04:19 PM
I had forgotten about them so now I have to add that to my list!

The best part was how mind numbingly obvious some of the tips were even if you were a first time visitor...a park hopper let's you hop park to park...when the sun is out its hot...etc

Then again given some of the things I've seen people do in the parks I guess I can see why they ran these...

Stan
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I miss the background music in the old food area at the Land... all songs like "You Are My Sunshine" done in a country instrumental Floyd Cramer kind of way. I was probably the only person who wanted to sit in there and listen to the whole thing. :) For years I pestered CM's with "Where can I buy this?", then when that got nowhere I emailed WDW a couple of times. All I ever got was the standard company line of "here's the list of what's available, if it's not on the list, too bad" (in so many words). :(

So, now I know my answer to the other thread about what superpower I want to use at WDW- the ability to go back in time and grab high quality audio and video recordings of anything they've ever played or shown at WDW. :cloud9: Or perhaps (no time travel needed) the authority to go into their archives and copy whatever I want. ;) :D

texasteacher
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I miss the old Figment song (I am not happy at all with the new one!).
Like most of the others, I love the music of the Electric Light Parade.
Also, there was a song that was used in Carousel of Progress many years ago. I think it started with "Now is the time, now is the best time of our lives...."
Does anyone remember that one?

jetsdc
07-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Also, there was a song that was used in Carousel of Progress many years ago. I think it started with "Now is the time, now is the best time of our lives...."
Does anyone remember that one?

How's this:

Now is the time, now is the best time.
Now is the best time of your life.
Life is a prize, live every minute.
Open your eyes and watch how you win it.

Yesterday's memories may sparkle and gleam,
Tomorrow is still but a dream.
Right here and now, you've got it made.
The world's forward marching and you're in the parade.

Now is the time, now is the best time.
Be it a time of joy or strife.
There's so much to cheer for,
Be glad you're here for
It's the best time of your life

JabberJaws
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I miss listening to Tone Loc's voice in Food Rocks... I also miss the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit song...

That is awesome!:ditto: on missing any and all sounds from Food Rocks!!

I also miss any and all sounds from Alien Encounter. More specifically I miss all of the crazy electronic noises that eminated from the teleportation tube in the main show of AE.

GhostHost999
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I generally don't like to pile on something, but I gotta toss in another vote for the original "One Little Spark" from Journey into Imagination.

Wow...Tomorrow's Child...forgot about that one. (Another good choice.)

If I pick the whole show from the original Tiki Room, does that count?