PDA

View Full Version : Brita filters..

DizNee143
07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
im sitting here at work..drinking from my bottle of water i filled up this morning with my brtia pitcher i have at home..and as im drinkning i notice all there really really really small little black specks...and i know whatever it is that "filters" the water are little black thingies...am i suppose to have things floating? did i do something wrong?
i soak the filter for the 15 minutes like they say...
shouldnt the water be clear with nothing floating in it??

scooterca42
07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I get that too , sometimes, it's tiny flecks of the charcoal that's part of the filter. It's an old traditional filter for things, ground charcoal. It's also just - well - passed on through the body so don't worry about that part. After a couple jugs it usually disappears for me.

divinedi
07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't know if they still have it on the instructions, but they used to suggest that you fill it up twice, and discard the water, or water your plants or something if you don't want to just dump it, and then start drinking from the third jug, just for this reason. It's just a visual thing I'm guessing, if they filter the water through it, it can't be harmful right?:confused:

PirateLover
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I often see floaty black things when I go to refill the top but I've never had them actually in my drink. Either you are drinking too soon after refilling or somehow you may be pouring from the top portion? Maybe there is a crack in the pitcher somewhere? Either way I don't think it's anything too terrible.

DizNee143
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
divinedi - i know i heard that somewhere too...about filling it a few times before using it...maybe ill try that the next time i change the filter..

PirateLover - i notice those black things on the top also...but what i saw in my bottle were WAY smaller...

thanx for the info/help...
i went home and i poured out what was left and refilled it and its all good now!! :D