PDA

View Full Version : Camping!!

TINKERBELL_82
07-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi all!!

Has anyone recently done any tent camping at FW? We have a ressie in August. If so, any info about the campgroud and activities would be fantastic!

Thanks so much in advance!!

Tina

faline
07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
My tenting experience is not recent. I camped at Fort Wilderness several times but it was quite some time ago - and never in August! August is quite hot and humid.

Fort Wilderness has excellent camping facilities. You can rent bicycles (or bring your own) or canoes. You can fish in the canals. There's a nighly campfire program.

One of my favorite "activities" is sitting in a rocker on the porch of Pioneer Hall, with a refreshing drink in hand, watching all the people walk by!

LKCEmom
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I think it depends on you, I personally at age 52 could not do it but there are lots of families camping in tents right now and they seem to be having a great time.
:camp:

Try it but make sure you bring a fan and have a wonderful time. There's no place like Ft Wilderness

medic9016
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Two years ago we tent camped the last week of Sept. It was too hot to be in the tent during the day. Sleeping was not bad at all. We did take a fan with us and hang a tarp over our entire tent. don't leave out any food the racoons will get into it. I would not do it again before the middle of Oct or later for tent camping. We bought a camper earlier this year, so we can go back during the day and hang out in the AC.

Disneyfamilyoffive
07-22-2007, 02:20 PM
We stay at Fort WIlderness often, however we do have a camper. Not sure if I could do the camping in the tent anymore, but We see alot of families that have tents they also have fans and tent A/C . They do seem to have fun despite the heat....SO go have fun and most of all enjoy yourself.:mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks to all of you for the replies!! :mickey: