PDA

View Full Version : Wishes at Ohana's?

4littleboys
07-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I have read that you can watch Wishes at Ohana's. I am wondering - if the fireworks start at 8, what time should I get an ADR?
Also, do you think that DS8, DS8, DS6, and DS3 will enjoy Ohanas?

disneycouple2004
07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
You can see wishes from Ohana's ..you need to request a window seat (you may or may not get it)..i think wishes starts at 9pm .(check info central for the date and times)..i would make the ADR for about 8pm and you should be fine..the kids will love it..they play games..pushing a coconut with brooms..song and dance..lots of fun..its one of our must do's for every trip ..good luck have fun ..:D

ThanxForNoticin
07-17-2007, 01:05 PM
'OHana is a great restaurant for kids. It is one of my kids' favorites. As for watching Wishes from 'OHana, it is a lot of fun, but there are not many really good seats and they will go quickly based upon availability. The fact that you will need a table for up to 6, it could be even tougher. If you are going to give it a try, I would get an ADR for at least 60, probably even 90 minutes prior to the time Wishes starts. When you check in, let them know where you would like to sit and why. You might have to wait an extra 15, 30, or even 45 minutes to get a table with a view. Also, keep in mind that if you do get one of the window seats, it is very likely you will get some additional kids who tend to migrate to the windows to watch the fireworks with you. As long as they are quiet, we don't mind. But some folks get really upset by the "intrusion" from other people's kids! Enjoy.

SBETigg
07-17-2007, 01:43 PM
You can't always get close to the windows for a great view of Wishes, so I would only recommend it for viewing if you have already seen Wishes and this is a nice extra chance to see the show with dinner.

Also, you could plan to eat early and then watch Wishes down at the Polynesian beach, which is a great view and you have the added bonus of watching the Electrical Water Pageant first(or right after, depending on the timing of Wishes). Either way, 'Ohana is a great restaurant for both kids and adults with good food, songs, and games.

IloveDisney71
07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I agree that you can't always bet on getting a window view for wishes. I would get an earlier time and then head down to the beach for Wishes. I have been lucky enough to catch Wishes from Ohanas - but it was luck both times. The first time I didn't even know you could see Wishes from there and the second time, the monorail was broken so we were late for our res. time.
I believe they even play the music for Wishes on the beach which just adds to the magic.:magic:

4littleboys
07-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I believe they even play the music for Wishes on the beach which just adds to the magic.:magic:

Do they play the music in the restaurant?

countrycharmer
07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
We have a reservation for 4:30 P.M. and planned on a nice relaxing meal with our two dd (9 & 11) and thought after a nice walk could be followed by watching Wishes & the water pagent on the beach. Hopefully this was good planning.

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
We have a reservation for 4:30 P.M. and planned on a nice relaxing meal with our two dd (9 & 11) and thought after a nice walk could be followed by watching Wishes & the water pagent on the beach. Hopefully this was good planning.

This is exactly (slightly later ADR time though) what we plan to do with DS10 & DD4. Hope it's a good plan!!

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
We've got a 7:15 ADR for OHanas, and plan to go watch Wishes from the Polynesian Beach (as some of you suggested).

After that, I guess we take the monorail back to MK and then a bus to our resort? I might rethink this, because part of my plan was to try to avoid the sometimes long wait for buses after the MK closes.

snifflesmcg
07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I got an ADR for 9:00 at Ohana's and Hallowishes are suppost to start at 9:30pm. I'm pretty excited about that. I just hope I get a table in time.