PDA

View Full Version : Akl

motherhamv
07-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I have 2 questions about AKL.

1) When is the best time in the evening to see the animals?

2) can you tour the resort even if you are not staying there?

faline
07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
You can certainly tour the resort even if you're not staying there.

I'm not sure what the "best" time might be. We always seemed to have animals of some sort in view when we stayed there.

BigRedDad
07-17-2007, 10:33 AM
You can view the entire resort if you are not staying there. Animals are out at all times of the day. I am not sure the time at night that they move them out of the Savannah. If I recall, they do move them away from the lodge at night. But, first thing in the morning, those cuddly giraffes come walking by.

Stickey
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
You can watch the animals from the Arusha Rock area. Ask an AKL CM for suggestions on additional viewing areas.

Evening viewing will depend on the time of the year. When it's dark, you can take a brief look with night-vision binoculars at Arusha Rock. Animal activity varies throughout the day. Feeding times are the best. The afternoon snack time is approximately 5:00 PM.

rnin02
07-17-2007, 12:03 PM
We had our best animal viewing right after sunset one night, we walked down the Kodu Trail and went out on one of the outside staircases (I guess technically these are the fire escapes?) and just had the best view of giraffes and some of the birds...it was just fantastic. I really hope we are able to spend some time at AKL again this trip...and I wish we had spent more time there last time!