PDA

View Full Version : BWV pros and cons

gwfx1031
07-17-2007, 09:12 AM
We are looking at a resale for BWV. Can you give me some pro's and cons on owning there? Thanks.

pox24
07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
No cons.... only pros
Walking distance to epcot and MGM
Great places to eat
Nightly activities for kids and adults
3 pools
Awesome view of Crescent Lake
Best DVC resort I think.

DVC2004
07-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Pros= Great home resort to have, es[ecially during F&W Festival.
Cons- dues higher as there is more to maintain.
Membership ends in 2042.

We've stayed there and it's very nice.

CanadianWDWFan
07-17-2007, 10:59 AM
We stayed at the BWI last summer and fell in love with the whole resort! This is why we are also looking at buying resale at BWV.

The only negative thing that I could think of is that there is no on site restaurants. You have to go out side of the resorts

mprewitt
07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Pro: Standard View rooms requre few points

Con: Hard to book std view during F&W fest

Maleficent's Dad
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Pros:

Location - close to EPCOT & MGM (walking distance to both! :walk:)
Luna Park Pool area
They have a Community Hall
Flying Fish, Big River, ESPN, Spoodles are all at the resort for dining! :eat:
Quiet pool close to main pool
Proxmity to other resorts (BC/YC, etc.)
Nightly entertainment (for free!) on BW :clown:

Cons:

Rooms are smaller than OKW (but standard for other DVC resorts)
One elevator bank
Smaller length of contract than newer resorts
You can't walk to MK! ;)

ytzking
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I've been a member with ownership at BWV since '99'. This August will be my 6th stay,( including a short stay in '99' when we bought). Last year I began to really notice the wear and tear on the rooms. I had a 1 bedroom and needed maintenance there three times for different issues ( including a whirlpool that was inoperable for 2 days). A;lot of the furniture was chipped and the TVs were hardly up to date. I'm hoping that this trip ( August ), I'll notice some marked improvement in the rooms.

bob6572
07-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Another Pro, some standard views still have great views of Illuminations at EPCOT. Also a short wakk to Beach Club and thier restaurants. Bakery has great treats as well.

tinkerbell04
07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree with all of these pros for sure! We really loved the Boardwalk Villas! The one thing that we thought the Bowardwalk area could use is a good counter service location. They have lots of table service options, but could use a counter service.:mickey:

locodemickey
07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Another Pro, some standard views still have great views of Illuminations at EPCOT. Also a short wakk to Beach Club and thier restaurants. Bakery has great treats as well.

Where are these standard views that you speak of? We were there last month and stayed to the left of the elevators down the hall on the left hand side. We had a nice view of the circle drive. How do you see illuminations?

Maleficent's Dad
07-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Where are these standard views that you speak of? We were there last month and stayed to the left of the elevators down the hall on the left hand side. We had a nice view of the circle drive. How do you see illuminations?
Many - but not all - of the standard rooms along the left side overlooking the driveway and entrance do indeed have Illuminations views. You can only see the higher up fireworks, not the whole show. :mickey:

gwfx1031
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for all the info. Now I just need to decide to go with it or get SSR or AKLV as a new one.

Tink65
07-20-2007, 04:40 PM
This is not one of my home resorts however I do love to stay there. I really enjoy the Epcot area. My only con... if you stay with a Boardwak view.. it gets loud when the clubs let out. I was awaken every night with people on the Boardwalk talking and carrying on. I will stay there again however not with a Boardwalk view.

DebbieB
07-22-2007, 01:50 PM

The best spot is on an upper floor room across from the bus stop down to the pond. You can see it over the roof of the Boardwalk Inn.