PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France

Advnt05
07-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Is anyone else following this? It seems wide open this year which is entertaining. Without a heavy favorite, it's fun to watch as I have no vested interest.

Will Vinikurov recover? Will he and Kloden work as a team?
Does Leipheimmer hav a chance?

I think Iban Mayo is a dark horse myself.

SBETigg
07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
My husband loves it, watches every year. I watch with him for the scenery but I really got into it on Sunday.

TheAdventurer
07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I watch it every day, I record it in the morning and watch when I get home. When I saw this post this morning I avoided it in case there were spoilers :D

This is really turning out to being an unpredictable tour. As an American I'm cheering for Levi, and then Discovery, so Contandor's strong showing in the last two stages has certainly made things interesting.

And did you see the crash with the dog today? Crazy crash, but thankfully both rider and dog were unhurt! But the dog bent the front bike wheel in half!

TheAdventurer
07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
My husband loves it, watches every year. I watch with him for the scenery but I really got into it on Sunday.

I first got into the Tour when I came back from studying in France, because I just wanted to see the French countryside again. But that's what great about the Tour, you have an amazing athletic endeavor watching some of the most incredible athletes in the world, and it's combined with a travel video of some of France's most beautiful scenery, from majestic mountain tops to quaint little villages and the Champs-Elysees in Paris.

Advnt05
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
The dog crash was weird. It looked like the dog was barely moving and the guy was focused so much on the road he whacked it without even trying to avoid it. It looks like the wheel started to collapse as he was hammering the breaks and turning his wheel before he even hit the dog. The dog looked fine but you always wonder about what's happening internally.
Today's stage was kind of plain. There's always strategy involved but today seemed straight forward.