PDA

View Full Version : What should we do on departure day?

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:23 AM
HI, we will be arriving to WDW early and figured we would drop off our bags and go to DTD until we could check in, so we plan on walking around there and getting lunch before we settle in. We have our days at the parks planned and have an extra day off in between which we plan on go shopping at one of the outlet malls and then DTD. The day we leave our flight does not take off until like 7:30 so we have a full morning and afternoon before we need to go to the airport. Any fun suggestions besides hanging out at the pool all day??
Thanks.:tigger:

Mousehead35
07-17-2007, 08:35 AM
We usually take a later flight out as well. Since we are up early every day we're there, we take the opportunity to sleep in this day, then we pack, and grab a leisurely breakfast/lunch. By now it is check out time.. we take Magical Express so we do the airport check in, leave our bags and do some last minute looking around, picture taking and shopping within the resort. If we still have time we hit up DTD. Then unfortunatley it is time to catch the ME...:(

disneymom15
07-17-2007, 09:19 AM
We usually fly out late also. We almost always revisit MK for any last minute shopping and favorite rides.

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe do some resort hopping! While you're at it, pick one out and book your next trip! That way the leaving is not so bad....

faline
07-17-2007, 09:27 AM
By the way, you can check in as soon as you arrive. There's no guarantee your room will be available immediately. Sometimes it is. If not, you will get a phone number to call later in the day. When you call the number, you'll be given your room assignment. You will already have received your keys when you checked in earlier.

On the last day, particularly when we have a late flight, we often visit a park for the morning, have a nice leisurely lunch at one of the resorts before heading back to the airport.

pogo
07-17-2007, 09:28 AM
On our last trip, we were faced with a 3:00 PM departure from POFQ on ME. We didn't want to do the park thing. (You need a reason to return you know.) So we took the DVC tour that morning. We learned a lot and we are looking forward to one day becoming DVC members. :thumbsup:

After the tour, we met some very dear friends for lunch at POFQ and had a tearfull goodbye as we walked out the door. :sadwave:

The tour is family friendly, with no pressure to buy. They even give you an ice cream sunday as a thank you. Try it. :D

Aggie97
07-17-2007, 09:37 AM
We like to resort-hop on the last day for final shopping and do lunch or a late character breakfast at one of the resort restaurants.

DessertDivaFL
07-17-2007, 10:22 AM
We ALWAYS shop on our last day at DTD because you will more than likely forget to get someone a souvenir. The day we arrive we usually resort hop and the resorts aren't crowded which is great! ;)

rnin02
07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Last trip we park hopped a little, trying to hit our favorites at each park. I think we skipped AK though, since its a little harder to get to and from it while at a park already. Then we got back to our resort, used up the last of our dining credits on snacks and headed back to MCO. It was lots of fun to say "goodbye" to our favorite rides. This year Haunted Mansion is supposed to be reopening on our last day, so part of our plan is to ride that a couple times.

pixidust1976
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
My departure day is day six and I only have park tickets for five days... so I decided to take my daughter (and son) to BBB for a hair-do that everyone at the airports can fuss over.

I also figured that if I got them made up any other day... that they would wreck it in the pool or on the rides... so this is the best day to try to preserve that nail polish and fancy hair do on my DD. :mickey:

Since we will be in DTD for BBB... we will undoubtedly shop and then head back to our resort for ME.

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the input, I think maybe we will resort hop a little, there are a lot of hotels I have never seen.