PDA

View Full Version : A Unique way to use DDP

HOLITRIN
07-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Need to know if anyone has done this or if its OK to do. There are 4 of us going to WDW for 8 days/7 nights and are planning on getting the MYW w/DDP. However, only 2 of us are staying the full 8 days. The other 2 are only going to be staying 4 nights/5 days.

My question is, can I use their remaining DDP to perhaps do TS's such as Hoop de do (which takes 2 TS)?

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
If they have paid for the full 8 days and have been awarded points for the 8 days rather then the 5 days, you will have their credit on your card. THe points are not assigned to a person, just to the room, and you can use the points in anyway you choose, as least you could last year, so I don't think it should be a problem.

DizneyRox
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Conditionally yes...

If they are staying in the same room, yes. However, remember that with the MYW w/ DDP everyone has to get the same package, so they will have to get the same tickets as you, or you will need to get the same tickets as them. If you only get the 5 day tickets, you can upgrade it after checkin to cover your full 8 days.

Also note though, they will be paying for the full 8 day DDP too, and they might want to be reimbursed for their "credits".

If they get their own room, then everything I said is out the window. They will only have the DDP for the length of their stay.

JPL
07-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Credits on the DDP are non-transferable

maryt01
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
yes. meals are not assigned per person. they are lumped together on one room key. so, as long as there are remaining tables services; anyone in your room can use them. makesure that you have these tables services remaining befpre you go. the last receipt used to purchase a meal will show you what table services remain available.

TheRustyScupper
07-18-2007, 12:28 PM
1) I don't understand.
2) Why would the other couple waste $160?
3) They are paying for 4-DDP's they aren't using.

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Conditionally yes...

If they are staying in the same room, yes. However, remember that with the MYW w/ DDP everyone has to get the same package, so they will have to get the same tickets as you, or you will need to get the same tickets as them. If you only get the 5 day tickets, you can upgrade it after checkin to cover your full 8 days.

Also note though, they will be paying for the full 8 day DDP too, and they might want to be reimbursed for their "credits".

If they get their own room, then everything I said is out the window. They will only have the DDP for the length of their stay.

My understanding was that the DDP was tied to the number of nights at the resort NOT the tickets so it wouldn't matter how many days the tickets are for. I also believe that all those in the same room must be on the same plan (# days/type of ticket and DDP or not for length of stay) Why would the other couple pay so much more for the half they will be there?

DizNee143
07-18-2007, 02:34 PM
does it really matter why the people would pay for it and then not use it? maybe its just the way it all happened..and yes..if it was all booked as one reservation...and in the same room...they will be there to use...wether you use them or not is up to you!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
07-19-2007, 07:58 AM
My understanding was that the DDP was tied to the number of nights at the resort NOT the tickets so it wouldn't matter how many days the tickets are for. I also believe that all those in the same room must be on the same plan (# days/type of ticket and DDP or not for length of stay) Why would the other couple pay so much more for the half they will be there?
I'm very confused by this...

If you are all in the same room, you will ALL be paying the same thing (whatever you decide on). If you want DDP and 8 day tickets, EVERYONE will get the DDP and 8 day tickets. If they leave after the 4th day, they will have 4 days worth of tickets that can't be used (unless they get no-expiration and the number of days they lose depends on how they used the ticekts) and they will lose 4 days of the DDP that they HAD to pay for.

If you are in seperate rooms, then YOU will get a 8 day package, and they will get a 5 day package. YOU will not be able to use their DDP (their DDP will expire the night they check out, and besides, it's non-transferrable). The good thing about this, is everyone gets exactly what they want and you don't need to put up with someone else snoring in your ear.

The only way to get this to work if for all of you to stay in the same room. If that's the case, those leaving early WILL be paying for stuff they can't use (DDP for sure, and maybe tickets). I would expect to be reimbursed if I was paying for something I can't use and someone else ended up using it.

So, yes, it's tied to the number of nights at the resort, but it's tied to the reservation in general, not the people in the room and not the differing lengths of their stays. It's the whole shebang! If the stay is for 8 days, you get 8 DDPs for each and every person staying in that room between the first day you occupy that room and the last day someone is in that room.