PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of SSR

laward32
07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Great news! We were able to exchange our timeshare and will be heading to WDW in October (the week of Halloween, yeah I get to go to the halloween party) and we are staying at SSR. I am just wanting some opinions of the resort. Also I was looking at the map and it looks huge, any tips on getting around. :mickey:

101 days and counting!!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-16-2007, 10:41 PM
We are staying at SSR for our first trip home in September. I have heard good and bad about it, just like everywhere but, the good has far outweighed the not so good.

My sister stayed there in January and loved it. She has two very small children and said the size of the resort was not a big deal. She was in the Springs area.

I am having knee surgery a couple of weeks before we go. I have that mentioned on our reservation and are hoping for an area close to the first bus stop so I can hopefully have a seat. That is my only concern in regards to the size.

Hopefully someone who has stayed there will give you some more info. We are really looking forward to our stay there.

Have a great trip!

Here we go again...
07-16-2007, 10:54 PM
If you would like a room near the first bus stop request the Grandstands. This section is not too far from the Carriage House and the quiet pool. We stayed there 4th of July week and loved it. Our view was the golf course so my DH was in heaven.

We requested Congress Park but arrived earlier than expected so we were not able to get the area we wanted. It was okay though, we were very happy with what we got.

If you are able to get Congress park there is a quick walkway over to Downtown Disney.

We found the rooms to be very quiet. I don't think we heard any of our neighbors the entire time. The busses were never a problem, they ran right on time or early.
My only complaint... I would like to see more food choices at the food court and a larger gift shop.

DessertDivaFL
07-17-2007, 09:21 AM
We were just there in June and stayed at Congress Park. That was the best because we had a view of DTD during the day and it was awesome at night. It is better to walk to DTD from Congress Park than to take the bus.

It isn't really too bad to walk around the resort unless you have a physical limitation. They do have a lot of CM driving these "stretch golf carts" so if someone in your group needs extra assistance I am sure they will accommodate. Great resort! Loved all the rabbits, ducks and swans around Congress Park too. :yay:

pox24
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
This resort is new a spacious. My wife and I particularly enjoy staying here when we want a non park, lounging, golfing and DTD weekend. We will be driving up Thursday for a long weekend as a matter of fact. The only downside to SSR is that its spread out and the walks can be lengthy depending on where you want to go. We prefer Congress Park because of the great view and ability to walk to DTD. Its also very quiet.:thumbsup:

disneycouple2004
07-17-2007, 09:57 AM
:ditto:
We really like Congress Park also, very quite and roomy..great view of DTD..its a great resort overall but like others i agree ..better food court and gift shop is needed for sure !!
:D

see you at Christmas time !!
177 more days and counting !!