PDA

View Full Version : Found some great tikis! Feel like I'm at the Poly!

mouseketeer mom
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
While vacationing in Long Beach Island this past week, we found some amazing carved wooden tikis for sale at a small surf shop! They reminded us sooo much of the Poly, they are so very authentic and fun! We purchased 4 of them! One is 6 feet tall, and he's on our deck, the next is 2 1/2 feet tall, and in our rock garden at the end of our deck, and 2 are just about a foot, and are on 2 shelves on our deck. With our tiki torches lit, I feel like we have a little bit of the Poly at home!!!

PirateLover
07-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Was it a regular surf shop or an actual tiki themed shop? Because I have a friend who has a vacation house in LBI and whenever I visit her I pass a shop on the side of the road that seems like it sells nothing but tiki huts, torches, and totem poles! I always said when I get my own place I will definitely have to stop there and pick up some items for my backyard.

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Its called the Wave Hog surf shop, but its the place that sells the tiki huts...the only place on the island to sell them I believe, so we must be thinking of the same place. We had so much fun picking them out. It is a little hole in the wall kind of place, with the tiki huts and tikis outside and much more tiki and polynesian stuff, signs, masks, etc...inside!