PDA

View Full Version : How much time walking from EPCOT to MGM

nel
07-16-2007, 07:37 PM
How much time is the walk to MGM from EPCOT? Where is the "gate" to enter MGM , it is the main entrance? Thanks a lot.

Pirate Granny
07-16-2007, 08:53 PM
There is only one entrance to MGM...I walked my father in his wheelchair from the World Showcase of EPCOT to MGM and it took me probably 30 minutes...but it was a beautiful afternoon and we enjoyed the walk along the river...we took the long way around also...past the Beach Club, YC, Swan, Dolphin over the bridge to Boardwalk and on to MGM...but you can always catch the boat from EPCOT to MGM...sometimes is nice to just stroll...we've also walked between the Polyn and the Grand Flor...it's also a nice walk...and then again between the MG and Contemporary...I'm waiting for them to put a walkway between Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary...

:pirate:

kakn7294
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
You will exit Epcot at the International Gateway and stroll along the canal. Cross over the canal towards the Boardwalk Inn and follow along the canal all the way to the main entrance plaza at MGM - there's only 1 public way in. A nice pace should get you there in 25 - 35 min. It's a nice little walk and generally faster than the Friendship Launch boats.

spoiledraf
07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm waiting for them to put a walkway between Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary...

This is why I have never stayed there. You have to take a bus everywhere you go. I hope they do put in a walkway, soon!

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 12:56 AM
This is why I have never stayed there. You have to take a bus everywhere you go. I hope they do put in a walkway, soon!

You can take the boat to MK and CR!!!

Anywho....

It takes us about 20 min, if we don't stop and look at stuff at the Boardwalk. It just seems hard to bypass all that stuff... or to walk quickly by....

Everytime there was a boat at either Epcot or one of the first two stops (BW and Y/BC), we've beaten it to MGM.

There is one entrance to MGM. The walkway merges with the main entrance ...plaza... if you will ...where those from the parking lot, trams, and buses all come together.

Have fun!

playdead88
07-17-2007, 06:29 AM
i agree the walk is probably shorter than the boat :) we walked from mgm to the boardwalk one time and it was about a 25 min walk so add another 10 to get to epcot - its a beautiful walkway along the water and its lit if you plan on walking at night :thumbsup: