PDA

View Full Version : Queue areas

Stan
07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I love the spelling of "queue"...

We all know Disney does better than anybody else at making a waiting area fun. Some are better than others, but almost all of them have something interesting about them.

So my question is this... are there any Disney queue areas that are so nice that you're actually disappointed when there's no line and you just walk thru the waiting area onto the attraction? :jaw: If so, what's the magic optimum waiting time... 5 min, 10, 15?

I really like the Muppets waiting area with all the funny boxes (I'm remembering something about "and no trombones"- I wish I knew the context of that one).

EvilQueen2006
07-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I love looking at all the stuff in the Everest queue. Also ToT is a good one.

mainemajor
07-16-2007, 07:33 PM
EE is one that I felt cheated when we used fast pass.
Splash is another that I like to enjoy the line
ToT is a third - its worth the wait
:joy:
:clappy:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
:mickey: Neat query...I guess any of these lines would be worth standing in for at least 20 - 25 mins.

:mickey3: Splash Mountain, ToT, Jungle Cruise, Back Lot Tour, The Great Movie Ride, Buzz Lightyear, Test Track, Dinosaur, Mission Space, POTC...I'm sure there are others. :minnie:

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

dteed
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Love the EE que except when the teenagers are ringing the bells.

EvilQueen2006
07-16-2007, 09:21 PM
oh yeah, i like the jungle cruise queue too.

DisneyLuver91
07-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I remember liking the Kali River Rapids queue. Except that there were some smelly English people with bad gas in front of us. *shiver*

Great Movie Ride is good too. It may be a long wait, but seeing all the props and then viewing clips of movies are fun. (Of course, there was another farty man in front of us in this line too.)

tealady
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I love the area before the monsters incorporated ride! It is so cute and fun!

:mickey:

denygold
07-17-2007, 01:48 AM
The Nemo ride in the Living Seas has a great line area- but we walked on every time- would have enjoyed 10-15 min in line there.

BritCody
07-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I like to read the gravestones in the Haunted Mansion.

Goes4FastPass
07-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I remember liking the Kali River Rapids queue. Except that there were some smelly English people with bad gas in front of us. *shiver*

Great Movie Ride is good too. It may be a long wait, but seeing all the props and then viewing clips of movies are fun. (Of course, there was another farty man in front of us in this line too.)I think you've had some really smelly bad luck.

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
i like to look at all the stars and stuff in the Space Mountain Queue.

p.s. queue is a fun word!

DisneyFanatic11
07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
I /love/ the POTC queue. Just hearing the pirates them gets me all bubbled up. And if the line isn't too long, I like to stare at the HM's tombstones and read them, or try to spot Leota's head popping out to say hello.

2Epcot
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I loved the Expedition: Everest queue. I like when it moves slow enough to see all the things that I saw on the Discovery Channel that the Imagineers brought back.

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I like to wait at least 5-10 min in the Great Movie Ride. I hate to miss the previews of all the old movies!:mickey:

I like the Muppets too!

I also like to see the clock perform at IASW at least once!

jszczur5
07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Try using "queue" as a hangman word - I win with it every time.

My vote, along with many others, is EE and ToT.

Darin M
07-17-2007, 11:53 PM
The Haunted Mansion Queue area is by far the best. The stretching paintings in the elevator really get you in the mood

Bobby T
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I have to go with POTC.

From the moment you enter the building, named the Castillo del Morro after the famous Caribbean fortress of the same name, you enter a world of cannons, garrisons, and Pirates! I love it, and it is one of the few queues that even if I have the freedom to walk freely through, I take my time to relish in its authenticity.

Ms.Disney
07-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Some of my favorites are:

Splash Mt.
Test Track
Nemo
Potc
Dinosaurs

beksy
07-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I think my favorites are PoTC (have to walk slow even during slow times to enjoy it!), HM (wouldn't be complete without taking the time to enjoy reading all the tombstones and listening to the howl in anticipation :thumbsup:), and ToT (really gets me in the mood for the ride :party:).

Florida Dreamer
07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Three stand out for me: HM, ToT, and PoTC. All three of these really set the stage for what's ahead. I read those tombstones everytime and love it when a newbie is in the HM and the walls do their thing!

LauraF
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Defintely the HM and ToT. Both have such great themeing that I simply want to slow down and soak it all in. (And it's only coincidence that both are "creepy" attractions. Really.):ghost:

Jared
07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I enjoy waiting 10 or 15 minutes in virtually every queue area. Most lines have worthwhile theming, at least for a little while. My family rarely waits for any attraction for more than 25 minutes.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
My 2 year old is awesome at standing in lines and waiting. She constantly reminds me "we have to wait our turn!" be it for characters or a ride. She is amazing... anyways, her favorite has to be Nemo. It makes you feel like you walk down the beach into the ocean and she loves to watch all the little schools of fish swim by on the wall.

dreamingofdisney77
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
definately tower of terror..

Maleficent's Dad
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Some great responses here! :thumbsup:

Love POTC, EE, TOT, HM, KaliRR, Kil Safari, Bug's Life, GMR, StarTours, and so many more... Disney does a great job!!!

Best queues I've seen, however, are in California at DL. Queue for Indiana Jones Adventure is simply amazing. They have a cute Monster's Inc. ride (Mike & Sulley to the Rescue) that has a great queue as well.

playdead88
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
mt everest and the nemo ride at epcot :mickey:

2Epcot
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Best queues I've seen, however, are in California at DL. Queue for Indiana Jones Adventure is simply amazing.

I would agree that The Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland is probably the best queue at any of the Disney parks I've been to.

BigRedDad
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
It's been a while since I have been there. I do like the wait at HM to read the tombstones and hear the howling dogs, PotC, Space and Splash Mtn, BTMRR, RnRc, ToT.

Well, I guess that sums it up. There are a lot of fun queues to be in for me. I hope my DD likes them when we take her.

dumbo ears
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I love the Space mountain queue for some reason. even though when your in it you are wating llike an hour it just is cool to me to see the stars and see the ride way up high. my second favorite it TOT becuase they put so much detail into the queue and its just awesome.

TheTexasKid
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I also like the show in the queue area for StarTours.

Another show in the queue area I like, is the one for MuppetVision 3-D. The last time I was at Walt Disney World is the first time I saw the whole show in the queue area. I was especially delighted to discover, by the film they show in the queue area, that one of the penguins in the film, has the same first name as I do.

KAJUNKING
07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
EE, gret movie ride, hm, slash, i love all the stuff while waiting for hall of presidents, and the muppets pre show is almost a show of its own

handmaidenofprincesses
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I have three queues that I love:

1) Philharmagic- I adore the posters on the walls:)... I tried to take pictures of a few, but with the glass, they came out funky :(

2) Star Tours- that's the only queue I really missed waiting in last year (I was in a wheelchari so I got swept through so fast I didn't even get to see C3PO :cry: )

3) The American Adventure (Okay, so I'm not positive it's really a queue, or that they're always there, but....) I absolutely LOVE to listen to Voices of Liberty! I was in complete awe the first time I heard them. :jaw: It's hard enough to sing a cappella and stay in tune, but to stay in tune singing multiple harmonies is just amazing! :sing:

emmingo
07-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I love the queue area for Kali River Rapids. Its especially fun when there is no wait and you can just walk through, enjoying the different cool things you see in the "jungle."

mainemajor
07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
The Haunted Mansion Queue area is by far the best. The stretching paintings in the elevator really get you in the mood

Last year during MNSSHP the CM's at the HM were great, so totally in the spirit fo the season

GhostHost999
07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I think my faves would have to be...

1) Dinosaur - I love how it looks like a museum.

2) The Jungle Cruise - Some of those signs are a riot.

3) Pirates - Love the skeletons playing chess.

January-2007
07-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I have to agree with the Muppet Vision 3d queue, we always try to time it right so we can watch the entire pre-show and look at all the neat props in the room. Another one I just love is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror queue, I think it's just amazing. Space Mountain can be cool because I really like all the pictures of space... And Star Tours has props that are fun to look at... Mostly just the first two though, I don't ever otherwise wish to wait in line.

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
EE is really intresting.

But I have to agree with an above comment that Indiana Jones at the Magic Kingdom is the best. I have waited in that one for over two hours when there was no fast passes and had so much fun taking pictures in line.

grumpycajun
07-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Tower of Terror
Haunted Mansion
PoTC
Expedition Everest

In that order. I'd probably put EE before PoTC, but the times we've been in the EE queue it's been HOT and PoTC is always nice and cool.:cloud9:

Laughin' place
07-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I think Muppet VIsion is my favorite, I would gladly wait there (even if seats in the theatre are open) until I had seen the whole pre-show and looked at all the objects and sight gags.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid does a good job of getting me in the mood and spirit. It is also a cool, dark resting place on a hot day.
Im not a big TestTrack fan, but its a queue are where time passes fast (pun intended):magic:

IloveDisney71
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
My favorites in order:
1. Haunted Mansion 2. Test Track
3. Rockin' Roller Coaster 4. Muppets 3-D
5. Dinosaur

DisneyGRL7
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Of all the rides I can think of, I think ToT ihas the best queue. The detail in the lobby is simply incredible.

Nemo and Splash Mountain are great as well. But I don't think any queue is better than no wait time.

EPCOT84
10-13-2007, 03:27 AM
I look forward to the escalator queue rising up dramatically :flag:into the hall of flags at American Adventure in Epcot.

kbean
10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE][(Of course, there was another farty man in front of us in this line too.)
/QUOTE]

What do ya mean? That was the new Disney character they're testing out.

My fav max waiting time 20mins wouldbe ToT. I like POTC, but to humid for a wait line sometimes.