PDA

View Full Version : Could you explain.....

nicole48040
07-16-2007, 06:42 PM
O.K., here goes nothing.....Could anyone tell me exactly how the ADRs work.....meaning are they all just grouped together (like all the people with 8pm are under the title 8pm) or due they asssign you to a certain table? I am asking this because I would like to know if it pays off to get there early or do you just have to sit and wait til your specific assigned table becomes available??? And is it any different at the dinner shows? If you get to say "the Hoop Dee Doo Revue" early will you get a better seat in your particular catagory? Or don't waste the valuable park time???? Thanks SO much for any and all help:blush:

PetefromRI
07-16-2007, 07:09 PM
I believe if you have,say,an 8:00 P.M. ADR.When you give them your name,they check you off as arrived and then you get the next available table at 8:00 or later unless it's slower or there are available tables because someone didn't show up on time.We very rarely have to wait more than a couple of minutes if we arrive on time.

kakn7294
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
The CM has a list of names and times of reservations but there are no tables actually reserved for specific times. You will be seated at the next table available for your party size after you check-in based on that ADR list.

dixielandings
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
HoopDeDoo is different than regular restaurants. You will actually have a table number assigned to you - a CM will lead you there. DH and I ordered our tickets ahead of time and picked them at Will Call the evening of. Unlike other places, b/c this is a show, the doors are opened at a specific time and everyone's allowed in at the same time.

You can probably more detailed information when you call Dining.

BTW - we loved HDD - it was a great show,; from what we could tell, all the tables are good. One stellar piece of advice - GO HUNGRY! :eat:

nicole48040
07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Thank you all very much!!!! I need to take a "quit obsessing about this trip" pill:D

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 11:35 PM
We have only experienced two extremely long waits at WDW dining. One was at LTT. Apparently they forgot to list us as arrived for our ADR??? The other was at Coral Reef. We had arrived 15 min early and waited almost an hour. People were coming in and being seated ahead of us. Finally the lady said our ADR wasn't until a different time than I had thought it was. Not sure exactly what happened there. But, it didn't do any good to arrive early.

Epc0tphr34k
07-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I find that if I have the time and am in the area that getting there between 5-15 minutes early for ADRs is a good idea. they will seat you at that time if they do have something available.