PDA

View Full Version : Tour Groups

steve5
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I just returned from a week long stay at (7/7-7/15) WDW. The trip was great; however, I did find myself very annoyed by the seemingly large number of tour groups from other countries. The reasons for my annoyance with these groups are many and not the reason for the post. I do have to say; however, that I have never felt more like a stranger in my own country than on this trip. Anyway, My point to this post is to see if anyone is aware of a seasonal time when these tour groups are more likely to be at WDW. I definately want to avoid that time again or did we just hit the wrong time. Thanks!

mickey-mouse35
07-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I had heard in the past that tour groups usually visited parks in September/October. Guess they're year-round now?

jkj1224
07-16-2007, 06:08 PM
there are a large number of these tour groups starting end of june/beginning of july and continuing through mid september usually...hope you still enjoyed your trip

Followthatmouse
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Our last two trips have been in the months of June, 2004 and early July of 2006. In both instances, there were many tour groups. Brazilian high school students were plentiful. You do not want them singing on Spaceship Earth. ;)

steve5
07-16-2007, 06:47 PM
You must have been there with me since that is the specific group and one of the instances that happened. We were lucky enough to get to go onto spaceship earth before it closed down. The lines to go on it on that day were extremely long and we only go to go on it once. The group of whic you speak were singing, trying to stand and taking flash pictures. Needless to say our last memory of the old SE are not happy ones.

ytzking
07-16-2007, 07:00 PM
It has been my experience that large groups from Brazil like to come in the Spring Summer. I hate to make a blanket statement but these people are the absolute rudest. They walk around like royalty and have nothing but contempt for Americans. A favorite trick is to cut the line and look at you quizzically like they don't understand English when you call them on the carpet for it. Good Luck if you're staying at a Hotel anywhere near one of these groups. ( I had a two night stay comped at Amerisuites in Summer 05 because of a group from Brazil):mad: