PDA

View Full Version : When can rooms be requested?

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Do you request a room when you book or do you wait until you are there?
We are staying at POR in september, which room would you request and why?
thanks

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I can answer part of your question; you can request room when booking, and even call or email when date gets closer, but remember it is just a REQEST...they will tell you that you can request it and they can put it in the notes, but they cannot guarantee you will get it. We have done this in the past, especially with a disabled child. The resort we stay at is always the same (Coronado) and over the years we have found a room location that works for us all. We just ask them to please make a note of it and then remind them about 10 days before we arrive.

As far as the resort, we have only been to POFQ, but if you went to Info Central you can look up the resort, and it shows a map.

ibrowse17
07-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I make any special requests when I book. I then ask if they have a record of my request each time I call after that. While they say it is only a request and may not be granted, I seem to always get mine. Good luck:thumbsup:

Followthatmouse
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
We have been very fortunate each time that we have placed a room request. On our last visit we stayed at the GF. We did our homework on the resort layout as we had not stayed there previously.

When booking the room, we made our request. Not only was our request fulfilled, but they took into account the makeup of our party and gave us a lovely, quiet dormer room at the end of a hallway. It was greatly appreciated. :mickey:

chefmickey3
07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
We have always put in requests when we book. One caution about POR that we learned the hard way in June - all of the fronts of the mansions are considered Waterview rooms (these are the best locations for ease of access to the food court and main pool area) The upgrade is not that much money and we would have done if we had known. I think building 14 is the best one for the Bayou rooms. We have just always enjoyed the look of the Mansions. As far as which Mansion, we like Mangolia, but if you are in the way back near the parking lot it can be a hike to the main building. The good thing is you are near a bus stop. I guess it depends what is important to your family.

TammiMcMan
07-17-2007, 09:41 AM
and even call or email when date gets closerJust wanted to clarify that there is no public e-mail address available for the individual resorts.
We just ask them to please make a note of it and then remind them about 10 days before we arrive.For those who want to follow up, it's best to do it 4 days before your arrival. This is when the resort actually gets your reservation. Prior to that, it's only available in the central reservation system. A phone call to the resort is handled by a call center and it's up to them whether they'll connect you to the room assignor or back to Disney travel. Faxes are acceptable and can be sent directly to the resort. It's unclear as to their effectiveness, but it doesn't hurt to followup, provided your original reservation has the request already on it.

As others have mentioned, it's best to research your resort as much as possible. Usually guests will request a specific area because it's near something that's important to them. Here's more info, including a property map that you might find helpful, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/riverside/default.asp .

boobalk
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
You can request a room when booking, but there is no guarantee. Your reservations do not arrive @ your resort until 5 days before you arrive. It's always best to call the resort directly and confirm, and at that time reiterate your specific area/room request as well as any other in-room item request you may have. Again, these are not guaranteed. We always check in early (7-8 am) and again make our requests known to the CM. We've rarely been denied the room (yes we know the #) or area that we prefer, and our in-room requests are usually granted. We check our luggage, and head over to the park. By the time we return, around lunch time, our rooms are ready and our things are waiting for us! :thumbsup: