PDA

View Full Version : Caught Myself ... Again

mrte62
07-16-2007, 04:48 PM
A month away from heading to WDW, and as a Type A Theme Park Commando, I caught myself worrying about the usuall silly things: exact times, plans, etc.

Just took a deep breath, call my DW and had a good laugh at my own expense.

There are things I can control, there are things I can't and an awful lot of things that just really don't matter.

We are going on a much needed family vacation to WDW - and that is what matters. :mickey:

LauraF
07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Good for you!

Being a planner-type for my job, I can get pretty extreme, so I keep reminding myself that I'm on vacation. (It helps that the people I usually travel with are of the "oh whatever time" type.)

Ed
07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd recommend two words to keep repeating to yourself:

Hakuna Matata

The more you allow yourself to obsess about the "small stuff", the less likely you'll be to have a good, relaxing time. Over the years, we've found that just kicking back and not trying to stick to schedules makes for the best vacations, whether at WDW or elsewhere. We all live lives that are way too structured by jobs, school, and other daily necessities. Vacation time is the time to put away the wristwatch, turn off the cell phone, stash the Blackberry under a mattress, and unplugging the computer.

Now...take three deep breaths and repeat after me:

Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

:mickey:

LilHooligan74
07-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd recommend two words to keep repeating to yourself:

Hakuna Matata

The more you allow yourself to obsess about the "small stuff", the less likely you'll be to have a good, relaxing time. Over the years, we've found that just kicking back and not trying to stick to schedules makes for the best vacations, whether at WDW or elsewhere. We all live lives that are way too structured by jobs, school, and other daily necessities. Vacation time is the time to put away the wristwatch, turn off the cell phone, stash the Blackberry under a mattress, and unplugging the computer.

Now...take three deep breaths and repeat after me:

Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

:mickey:

I agree 100% but I am still getting crazy. I have 25 days to go and I have already done spreadsheet after spreadsheet detailing everything. I have not been to WDW in a long time. Hopefully I can slow down;)

faline
07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sure it will all come together and you'll have a wonderful time!

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi, I am a planner also and printed out menus, made daily itineraries using the disney planner, etc, and when we got to the resort, ended up only looking at things to see what time our dinner reservations were for. I think planning like this is just a way to build excitement prior to going. I am not going for another 2 months and while I am not making itineraries, I am on intercot several times daily. So stay excited and keep planning until you get there and then once you get there, relax and have a good time.
Kris:donald:

kaliepooh
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I plan alot as well. Recently, I've been feeling really anxious about the trip. Nevous I guess, the I can't wait to get there feeling. I constantly think about the trip and I believe I need therapy now. :secret:

We don't leave until August 13 I don't know what will become of me by then!!

Lizzie
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Its great knowing your not the only person who plans the small stuff. Our plan for our next trip is to just relax and not worry about doing or seeing everything and take it slow. It will be intresting to see how that goes.
:blush:

divinedi
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I guess we're all different, it takes a lot for us to keep 4 people going and getting to work/school etc. with only one car:( and everyone working at different times and at least 15 minutes drive away, that when we go to Disney:cloud9:, the only thing I plan is the room, getting down there and taking the time off of work! Most of the time we only pack the night before, and we haven't forgotten anything major yet! We play it by ear when we're there, basically deciding the night before what we want to do the next day. I like the freedom, and I always figure if we miss something this time, it means we HAVE to come back;). Relaxation - that's what vacations should be about!:thumbsup:
Of course the other reason I don't do much planning is the overwhelming 'I want to be there now' feeling I get when I do too much ahead, this way I don't get too anxious ahead of time. I know, I AM weird. :blush: