PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on the best breakfast in the World

Disney_Barbie
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, we have one last TS credit, and we’re considering having a nice breakfast our first “full” vacation day. What’s your opinion of the best. We’re not necessarily into buffets, but since most breakfasts are, we’re open to the idea of them. We’re also not into the home fries and sausage kind of breakfast, but we really enjoy a good omelet, waffle or pancake. From viewing the menu’s all the buffets look the same to me. Do you have a favorite breakfast in WDW?

Disney_Barbie
07-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Ooo, I just thought of something else. Anyone know if at a non-buffet resturant if you can ask for Egg Beaters instead of Eggs?

MinniesMom
07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not really to keen on buffets either. My favorite breakfast in all of WDW is at the Kona Cafe at POLY.

I'm not sure about Egg Beaters?

murphy1
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
We truly enjoy the breakfasts at Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. Both are delicious and are always a great kickoff to our trip.

SurferStitch
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
We love breakfast at the Grand Flo Cafe. They have awesome citrus french toast. They also have strawberries with cream, and delicious omelets. Great coffee.

We also love the Crystal Palace. It's a buffet, but it's such a great way to kick of the first full day at WDW. We did that last December, and we're doing it again this December. We like to get hot chocolate there (kind of like cheating at breakfast).

Another favorite is 'Ohana with Lilo and Stitch. That's basic breakfast food, but soooo good, and Stitch (my fave) is there!

I would say Kona, but the coffee was gross there :ack:, and coffee is very important at breakfast (the stronger, the better). It was very, very weak and odd-tasting. It was the same way at 'Ohana, but Stitch was there, so I didn't care! :stitch2:

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Cape May Cafe has a great breakfast - it is a buffet but the food was delish and character interaction was also great. I couldn't get enough of the waffles w/strawberry sauce :tasty:

mickey-mouse35
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Our fav is Kona Cafe for breakfast, and we loved the Kona coffee there! We're going again this time--can't wait to try the macadamia nut pancakes!!! :mickey:

I have also heard the Grand Floridian Cafe is great--looked at the menu but thought it was a bit too pricey for OOP. However, if you're using dining credit, I'd say go for it!

PetefromRI
07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
We love the Kona Cafe at the Poly.I either get the Tonga Toast or the Big Kahuna and nothing beats the pressed pot of Kona coffee.It's not the 10% blend that you get at home,it's 100% Kona Coffee!!!I did check out the price for coffee to take home and it's like 35.00 a bag,I think it's a 1 pound bag but it could be less.That's O.K. I'll stick with Dunkin' Donuts Coffee.

Mickey Magic
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
:mickey:I have to say the Crystal Palace too! The food is EXCELLENT and with early ADR you can get in the MK before the official opening time!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
We really liked the Fresh breakfast at the Dolphin, but it is not on the DDP. I would say that our favorite breakfast is at the Kona cafe. :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
07-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Boma, Kona, Olivia's, Whispering Canyon...in that order....

Chef Mickey's, 1900, or Cape May if you want characters

DizneyRox
07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
:number1: Donald's Breakfastosaurus! :number1:

mook3y
07-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I would have to say our favorite is Boma. We tend to lean towards the character breakfasts, since we have to little ones. Boma is our top pick tho, even our kids love their juice... I think it is called Frunch?!? yummy

IloveDisney71
07-17-2007, 08:47 PM
We have eaten at The Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's for b-fast. I'm not much of a buffet eater either, but my whole family really preferred the CP food selection better. They had a fantastic b-fast casserole!:blush: Plus, if you make your res. for before the official park opening, you get to go in early before tons of people are flooding the streets. We got some great pictures with our camera, but the Disney photographers were also available.

spoiledraf
07-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Steak and eggs at the Concourse Steak House.

BigRedDad
07-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Because we only do character breakfasts for sit down, they are all mostly buffets. We have never been to Cindy's Castle. Between Chef Mickey's. Crystal Palace, Donald's Breakfastsaurus, we loved Donald's. It is much smaller than the others, the characters spent far more time with us, it was so much fun.

Mom2princesses
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Our favorite is definitely Kona Cafe at the Poly! Yummy sit down breakfast! Coffee is probably the best in all of WDW.

Tonga Toast, Macadamia Nut Pancakes yum yum yum!!

campdisney
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
We love the breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club! The food was great and had a very large selection of breakfast fare plus a great variety of fresh fruit, a personal favorite for me. Also, the blintzes there were fantastic!

JPL
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
My Favorite Breakfast is Boma I love the food and the atmosphere. I always try to get a little early and check out the animal on the savannah before breakfast.

As for dietary need most if not all WDW restaurants will accomadate your needs just call 24 hours ahead of time and let them know your needs. The Chef will visit your table and discuss them with you :mickey:

darth daddy
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
If you like omlets, they had them at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian two years ago. I would assume that they still offer them.

Mackflava99
07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
My votes:

1.) Cape May- excellent selection
2.) Chef Mickey- not as much selection but very good regardless

btuskan
07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
My family and I have been to many breakfast buffets over the years and my DH and I think that the buffet at Crystal Palace is the best. You can get made to order omlettes. In addition, the variety is good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: from my DH and me!

LoriMistress
07-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Personally, I love Crystal Palace. It's a character buffet (though they do also take TS as well), and their breakfasts are very good. In fact, DH and I ate there twice, because their food was so good. It's one of the more fresher and cleaner (IMHO). I would call early to get the 8am ressie.

Wrigley
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
We enjoy the Crystal Palace. There is alot of food to choose from on the buffet and the character interaction is wonderful. The characters usually come by your table several times during your meal. Another plus, is that you are in the MK so when you are finished with your meal, you are free to roam around the MK before it is truly open. This allows to get a perfect picture of the castle without a ton of people getting in your picture!

Jared
07-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Not all breakfast buffets are the same! Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is exceptional and nothing like the basic buffets at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

The resort is difficult to reach without a car, but the meal is worth the trip. Dinner at Boma is equally delicious.

In fact, Boma is probably my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World.

avantgardeinker
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Rainforest Cafe in AK is one of our favorites. They have pretty much any kind of breakfast you could want. We all got a fruit plate to share last time we went. It was really good. The fruit was really fresh. They also have omlets, waffles, eggs. You name it, it's on the menu.

140 more days!!
:mickey:

Disney Yankee
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Our favorites are Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's!!!:tasty::eat:

Pirate Granny
07-19-2007, 09:49 PM
My hubby always gets egg beaters...even at the Value resorts...so order and eat away...there are so many good suggestions.
:pirate:

GhostHost999
07-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I always loved the cheese omlette at the Councourse Steakhouse...plus you get Mickey's Stickies to go with it.

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I have to have Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort!! It is my favorite. And the coffee.....mmmmmm!! DH loves the Big Kahuna. Maybe I'll try the mac. pancakes too?!? How do you decide, can I have both?

We are going to try BOMA this time too.

21 more days

prttynpnk
07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Boma, Boma, Boma! All that grazing sets you up to go look at animals! :blush:

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
:mickey: Chef Mickeys for me! :mickey: