PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Help: Part 2

JabberJaws
07-16-2007, 12:40 PM
You guys were so awesome helping me choose which dates to go, that now I am going to toss a more generic question your way.

Here are the details:

Arriving via plane on Monday, Dec. 10
Checking into Paradise Pier - Dec. 10
Going to the parks 3 days - Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday (2 days at DL, 1 at DCA though park hopping is an option if the need arises)
One full day alloted for relaxing and exploring resort/DTD
Departing via plane on Saturday, Dec. 15

Being as this is our first trip to DL and we probably won't be going back anytime soon, I need some suggestions. I am very familiar with all of the rides, so those are a given. What I really need help with are things that most people might miss.

What are some "must do's/see's" that a lot of people/guidebooks miss?

This can include not-obvious rides, shows, locations in the park, restaurants (QS or FS), etc. etc. etc. (I know that shows will be limited due to us going during the week in the off-season).

Also, we want to do at least one fancy-schmancy dinner...suggestions for that?

I also want to eat at the Blue Bayou just because of the atmosphere, though how is the food?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!:thumbsup:

caldisney
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi:

My family and I really enjoy: Fantasmic, the fireworks, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, the First 50 Magical Years and any bands that might be playing during our visit, all in Disneyland. We also enjoy the Blue Bayou for the atmosphere, although it tends to be rushed. If you get a reservation for the first available time, I think it is 11 or 11:30 am, you have a good chance of getting a table by the water. Be sure to request. In California Adventure be sure to see the Electrical Parade, Aladdin, Block Party Bash and the inprov groups in the Hollywood Pictures backlot. I don't know what they are called. For a nice dinner we have only tried Ralph Brennens Jazz Kitchen. We had dinner on the balcony. It was very enjoyable and the food was wonderful. I hope this helps.

tdhiatt
08-01-2007, 06:36 PM
The christmas fireworks show is wonderful. Sit where you can see the castle. Use fast passes. It will help you accomplish more. We always get one first thing and then play elsewhere while we wait. Arive at the park before opening. First thing in the morning is the best time to hit the park. Its less busy, and wonderful. Remeber Mickey is always in his home. Don't waist your time at the entrence to see him. Thats all for now