PDA

View Full Version : Directions!!

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 12:11 PM
How do I get to Spoodles??? We have ADRs there our first night in.

They say Boardwalk. Is that Boardwalk Villas or Boardwalk Inn? Does it matter is there a difference?

faline
07-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Boardwalk Villas and Inn are located in the same general area. There is actually a Boardwalk that runs in front of the accommodations and by the water. There are several resaturants located here and Spoodles is one of them.

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
:thanks: Linda!

So I go to the closest park, which would be Animal Kingdom since we are staying at CSR. Then get in the Boardwalk Inn/Villas line and hop on a bus??

wendy*darling
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Boardwalk Inn, Villas, etc- they are all essentially the same place.
The Boardwalk Resort encompasses all of the above.

I see you are staying at Coronado Springs. Will you have a car? If so, just drive to the Boardwalk Resort (you can get a property map at check-in) and either self park or valet. Then walk into the resort. The lobby is actually on the 2nd floor, so go downstairs and out onto the Boardwalk itself. Spoodles is toward the right as you step onto the Boardwalk.

If you don't have a car, I suggest taking the bus to MGM. Then keep going to the right, past the entrance, and down to the boat launch along the water. Take the next boat. Boardwalk is one of the stops on the way to Epcot. As you walk up the ramp at the dock, look to the right side and Spoodles is among the restaurants there.
Big green letters spell out S-P-O-O-D-L-E-S.

Enjoy! :mickey:

(Oops... looks like Linda beat me to the "enter" button. That's what I get for answering the phone mid-post! Hope this helps as well)

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 12:42 PM

We are depending totally in Disney transportation.

The boat sounds more romantic since this is our wedding anniversary trip. I'll take the bus to MGM and get on the boat. :thumbsup:

Can we get a boat to MK after dinner? They have EMH that night and we are going for Wishes too!

BMan62
07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
This would depend on how late your ADR is and whether or not you are going to be spending any time in park(s) that evening.

If you are going to be in a park, EPCOT would be the one I would suggest. Then you could go out International Gateway from World Showcase and walk over to the Boardwalk in about 10 minutes. That is what we did when we had an evening ADR at Flying Fish.

faline
07-16-2007, 12:52 PM

The boat sounds more romantic since this is our wedding anniversary trip. I'll take the bus to MGM and get on the boat. :thumbsup:

Can we get a boat to MK after dinner? They have EMH that night and we are going for Wishes too!

The boat does not go from Boardwalk to the Magic Kingdom. To get to the Magic Kingdom, you will need to go to Boardwalk's bus stop. The bus stop is on the opposite side of the buildings from where Spoodles is located. Go through the large archway in the Boardwalk building. I believe there are signs in this area that will point you to the bus stop area. If you're not finding the bus stop, just ask someone to point the way for you. From there, you will take a bus to Magic Kingdom.

faline
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Another way to get to the Magic Kingdom would be via monorail. If Ecpot is still open, walk to the International Gateway entrance to Ecpot. Turn right when you leave Spoodles and follow the walkway. Enter Ecpot there. Walk through Epcot and out the main entrance. Take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. You'll need to change monorails at the Ticket and Transportation Center.

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Our ADR is for 7pm, we are guesstimating 2 hours for dinner. Then headed over to MK for EMH and Wishes @ 10pm

SallyP
07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
How do I get to Spoodles??? We have ADRs there our first night in.

They say Boardwalk. Is that Boardwalk Villas or Boardwalk Inn? Does it matter is there a difference?

1) Take a bus from your resort to either Epcot or MGM
2) Take a boat to the Boardwalk from the park you have chosen. (facing MGM entrance the boat is to the right; at Epcot the boat is all the way back at the International gateway between England and France)
3) Have your dinner at Spoodles.
4) Catch a bus to Magic Kingdom from any resort you see around the Boardwalk. All of those resorts- Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club share the same bus. Usually the bus boarding area is off to one side of the front entrance of the resort. Boardwalk bus boarding area would be the closest to Spoodles. As you leave Spoodles go left, when you get to the corner where Flying Fish is turn left again, go up the steps through the archway, turn left and the bus boarding area will be down at the end of the walkway.

:mickey:You should be thoroughly confused now. Let us know if you make you dinner ressies at Spoodles. :blush:

spoiledraf
07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Don't take a bus to Epcot as it will easily take you half an hour or more to walk from the main gate all the way through the park and then around the lake by the Boardwalk. Go to MGM and catch the boat to your right. Hopefully you will be the first stop.

And there is always the taxi option, which I prefer when going resort to resort. 10 minutes and $15 and you are there. No waiting for or riding on busses, then waiting for and riding on boats. Plus it's a nice air conditioned ride practically right to the front door and you arrive fresh for your first evening dinner instead of all sweaty after an hour long crossword puzzle of unpredictable timing on Disney transportation. Not knocking Disney transportation. It will get you there, eventually, but it's recommended to allow at least an hour. My time is too valuable for that.

brownie
07-17-2007, 10:32 AM

I'd take the boat (or walk) to Epcot's International Gatway and walk through the park to the main entrance. I'd catch the monorail from there to get to the Magic Kingdom (I believe you'll have to transfer to another monorail or take the ferry at the Transportation and Ticket Center.)

Dedivah
07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks Everyone!! :rocks: