PDA

View Full Version : What type of Crocs to wear in parks?

DisneyFreak23
07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
I was wondering what you guys thought of the different styles of Crocs and how well they perform in the parks. I just bought a pair of Crocs Cleos and i wanted to know how they compare with the different styles of Crocs. Let me know in the poll what your favorite style is and if there are any styles you don't like.

:stitch:

snifflesmcg
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I have a pair of Crocs beach/cayman style (can't remember exactly which one). This will be the shoe I'm going to be wearing mostly in the parks this September.

trapper
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
just bought the Athens and love, love them:mickey:

TinkRocks
07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Why, Disney Crocs, of course!!

In addition to my black Mickey Disney crocs, I also have 2 pairs of Beach / Cayman crocs in Navy and Silver, along with some Disney Jibbitz...

raff626
07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
When I was there this past June I wore my Scutes everyday. They were great. It's the first time I didn't have sore or tired feet by the end of the day. They've definitely become my shoe of choice. It will be a sad day when I have to put them in the closet because of cold weather.

pixiesmimi
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I'll be wearing my black Disney Crocs. I wore them in June and was surprised at how comfortable they were for all day. I also loved how you could walk right through the puddles when it was raining and the water just ran right off and dried instantly without ruining my shoes. My DGS3 wore his orange Auburn Crocs the whole time without a complaint.

4myprincesses
07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I'll be sporting my croc capri's (flip-flops with the classic croc cushioning and support) and my kids will be sporting pink and white Disney crocs.

DessertDivaFL
07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I actually wear croc-type shoes from AVON. I like to wear the ones without any back strap because I like to slip my shoes off when I sit down to let the air get to my feet. :fan:

BronxTigger
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, I just ordered my first pair of Crocs! Found a Disney pair for $28! Free shipping and no tax even!

I am a little nervous because of the sizing of these shoes. I tried some on in the store, both in the Cayman and Beach styles. For some reason, the Beach style only comes in S/M/L. I fall between a 9 and a 10, and they have an 8-9 and a 10-11. Trying them on, the L is better but I'm still nervous how they will be for extended time periods; I've heard they are supposed to run big though.

pixiesmimi
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
They do run large and I was afraid that the ones I got on eBay were going to be too large but the girl at our local store selling them said you don't want your toes right at the end. They are supposed to be a little long in the back. She said that as you wear them, they mold to your feet and the back will mold up on your foot. I haven't seen that happen yet with mine and still wear the strap down. I see a lot of people wearing theirs with the strap up though and seem to be very comfortable. I was told that the smaller size number was the women's size and the larger number on the same shoe is the men's size, i.e. W8-9/M/M6-7. I wear a 7-71/2 so I was told to get an 8. They fit me fine.

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Easy question with easy answer, NONE. I wear athletic shoes or proper sandels.

countrycharmer
07-25-2007, 08:22 AM
:blush: I am embarassed to say that we cannot afford to buy the name brand CROCS, but we buy the knock off type from Walmart. They are comfortable, affordable $5.00 adult/$3.00 child, and do the same job!

IC10
07-25-2007, 08:25 AM
When we went last September my hubby, myself and my DS13 wore crocs my daughter forgot hers and she was the only one to complain her feet hurt and we had to buy her shoes.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I have a pair of black Caymens (getting some Athens soon...I LOVE FLIP-FLOPS!) and my DD2 has a little pair of the pink and white Disney Caymens. They are great for going to the parks in the summer when it rains almost every afternoon. We don't have to worry about soggy, stinky shoes or sore feet!

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Why, Disney Crocs, of course!! along with some Disney Jibbitz...:mickey:

:cool:

8 more days!!:yay::woohoo:

Imagineer1981
08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Absolutely NONE!!!!!! as a footwear designer I beg all of you to stop buying these hideous shoes. They actually are terrible for your arches after long wear

DisneyAndRedSox
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Just an FYI, if you go to Crocs website there are new colors for the adult and kids Disney styles. When DD outgrows her pink ones I am dying to get her the hot pink with the teal strap.

Personally, I like the Mary Janes since they run longer and more narrow. They feel like they stay on better. Eventhough they are narrow I needed a size smaller than the beach/cayman/cleo.

January-2007
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I voted for Beach/ Cayman because aren't the Disney Crocs Beach? I wear the Disney crocs, it's the only ones I have.

pixiesmimi
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
DisneyandRedSox, where did you go to see the new Disney Crocs? I went to their web site but didn't see any new ones. Can you send a link to these or PM me with it? Thanks! :mickey:

pixidust1976
08-07-2007, 12:55 PM
It's amazing the difference between walking and running in your sneakers.

I am a runner.... I put MANY miles on my sneakers and you would think they would be broken in... but every time I have had to wear them to places where I do a lot of walking... I get blisters.

My last trip to Disney in 99 left my feet miserable. I had brought some super cheap "pool" sandals from Wal-mart that had a flat firm spongy material for the sole and some straps over my toes and around my ankles and ended up wearing them for the entire trip... and never had an ounce of foot trouble.

As such... I purchased a pair of Nile Crocs to try this September, but intend to wear my sneaker and bring them along incase they turn out to be more comfy....

I will give you all the report!

Tigger&Stitch
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I have yet to figure out how to keep my feet from swelling when walking around WDW for a week or two! So, the cayman crocs work well for me - giving my feet room to grow. :fresh:

I did buy the mary janes, though, as they look a bit nicer...will see how they go on the next trip!

We discovered crocs (probably from all the posts on this site) on our last trip and had no trouble with blisters, tired feet, or support. However, after we moved here to NZ and walked everywhere, we noticed the crocs no longer supported as well. They DO wear out! I bought a new pair, and the support was back! :D

DisneyMomx7
12-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I absolutely love my khaki capris!

pixiesmimi
12-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I have yet to figure out how to keep my feet from swelling when walking around WDW for a week or two! So, the cayman crocs work well for me - giving my feet room to grow. :fresh:

I'm the same way. I never had any problem with my feet swelling until I started walking around WDW for a week. I am thankful I finally broke down and bought the ugly crocs because they are the only shoes that I wore the last two times there that my feet didn't swell out of. And they were comfortable and great for wet days. They aren't very stylish but they work for me and I don't care how I look (until I see our Photopass pictures) :blush: Comfort is what counts. Why is it that they look better on everyone else but me?:D

Crystal Palace
12-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Definately the Beach ones. A close second would be the Mary Janes. Don't wear the Prima unless you want the worst blisters of your life!:(

Tink#64
12-04-2007, 12:44 AM
All four of us have the "Beach" Crocs & we love them them. We wear them everywhere except, work, school & church! We're in Ky & it's turned kind of chilly here now, hanging around the 40's to 50's during the day, & we were getting cold feet in our summer Crocs, so now we've all gotten the "Mammoth" Crocs with the fleece lining! OMG - these are my all time favorite shoes! I wear them everywhere! :thumbsup:

I too, am embarrased to admit, that I thought they weren't so cute when I first saw the Crocs, but honestly, they are soooooooooooo comfortable, but not so for any generic that I've come across. Which made me sad, I saw some really cute tie dyed ones, but they hurt my feet. :(

Love the Crocs! :gator:

cinderellagrl
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I like the prima, because they are just as comfortable as the original crocs, but they look more like a ballet flat.... FEMININE, not super manly!

mcjaco
12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Why is it that they look better on everyone else but me?:D

Trust me, they don't look good on anyone.

Why is this thread still going???? I should start a "What kind fo gym shoes do you wear" thread. Seriously people, comfortable and properly sized shoes that are intended for walking or running will do your feet just fine.

BiloxiMom
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
I'll be wearing the new Crocs Mammoth. The ones with the fuzzy fleece lining for our trip in Jan. LOVE THEM!!! They are comfortable and warm!

gwfx1031
12-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I vote "NO!!" too. I never liked them and never will. Have we become that casual of a society that our foot wear of choice is a molded piece of plastic? I thought people were going over board with wearing flip flops everywhere and at all times of the year. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you may like them, but save them for the beach and pool, like flip flops. (Ahhh. now I feel better.) Oh, have a nice trip, too.

MickeyMousse
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
OK, this was an issue for me before our last trip. I kept reading about crocs and how comforatable they were, but could not get past how ugly they looked. During our trip, I saw the black and red Mickey icon ones and could not resist. They were sooooo comfortable! :thumbsup: The first day I had a problem (went sockless, got a sore on my foot-my fault!) but as soon as I was able to break them in a bit, my footsies were in Heaven! :cloud9: I am still wearing them today-it is 22 degrees out and windy, but with some nice sox they are doing the trick!

pixiesmimi
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm going Friday to buy some of the Mammoth ones at the Post Exchange. I just found out that they carry them. I wasn't going to get any but they look so warm and now that it is getting chilly, I think they will look better than wearing sox with my other ones. I still have a hard time wearing sox with anything since I live in such a warm place year round. (Would rather be barefooted.) :) I find that my :mickey: ones look better if I wear them with long pants than with shorts. I can't get over the ugliness of them but they are so comfortable that I usually just forget about that and wear them anyway. :blush:

Tigger&Stitch
12-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Pssstt...Crocs are not plastic!

And when walking days on end, how your shoes look are not the important factor in choosing footwear - comfort is. :thumbsup:

wedway76
12-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I like the prima, because they are just as comfortable as the original crocs, but they look more like a ballet flat.... FEMININE, not super manly!

They have manly ones?!!!

ktflisa
12-05-2007, 08:42 PM
It may have already been said... For our Dec 2006 trip I wore my lovely ugly crocs (beach/cayman) with socks and NEVER had Disney feet! A first in 10 trips. And in December it was cold so I wore jeans. I don't think I could wear socks with them with capri pants or shorts. Not that "un-vain" yet hahaha! However, in Sept of this year, it was so so so so hot! I wore the crocs the first day, no socks, and got horrible blisters on the inside top of my feet. My Teva flip flops ended up being the shoe of choice in the heat.

So, if you can wear socks with them... go for it! I swear my feet or even my calves didn't ache at all!! :)

Speedy1998
12-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Easy question with easy answer, NONE. I wear athletic shoes or proper sandels.

Good for you. Running shoes for me, I just do not think Crocs offer enough protection.

Eeyore's My Favorite
12-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Just wore my Croc flip flops this past Sunday @ MGM and it was great!! The weather was so warm I didn't want any closed in shoes. However, DD has bought me the "wooly" Crocs for Christmas and I can't wait to wear them in January for a mini-getaway!!! :mickey:

kakn7294
12-08-2007, 12:51 AM
I like the Crocs Capri style flip-flop. I found them to be very comfortable and the cloth-like material makes them look more "normal". The only drawback IMO is that when the straps get wet, they stay wet. For cooler weather, I would wear any one of my 5 prs of beach / cayman style - 3 Disney, 1 Steeler, and 1 regular pr for all my Jibbitz.

Flower
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
I am pretty sure mine are the Athens, but I do not see my color combination on their website (Black soles with lime green interior)

I LOVE THEM!!!! I was wearing them here until mid-November when I HAD to give them up due to the weather.

I bought them in Buffalo the day before we flew to WDW, I wore them the entire trip and NEVER had a problem.

I have been looking at them in my closet and longing until I can wear them again...2 more weeks until I am in Florida and you can bet they will only come off my feet when I am sleeping or swimming!

tinklover
12-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I own 5 pair of crocs 4 beach 1 maryjane IMO the beach have more support and are more cushiony(is that even a word?) then the maryjane. I have seen a new style out called teh celeste and i tried a pair on in the store and they were unbelievably comfy so I am definitely getting a pair before our june trip. I am a firm believer in crocs even when my family tells me how ugly they are. I am not out to impress anyone i just want to be comfortable. I have back problems as well and on our trip in may i had bought a pair of nike walking shoes in hopes that i would not have sore feet and a sore back. They did not work. the 2nd day i thru on my crocs and i had no pain at the end of the day. for those of you who say they are ugly and you refuse to wear em that is fine but don;t belittle those of us who know what heaven on our feet feels like. CROCS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!:number1:

Crystal Palace
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I vote "NO!!" too. I never liked them and never will. Have we become that casual of a society that our foot wear of choice is a molded piece of plastic? I thought people were going over board with wearing flip flops everywhere and at all times of the year. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you may like them, but save them for the beach and pool, like flip flops. (Ahhh. now I feel better.) Oh, have a nice trip, too.

We wear things like flip flops and Crocs because they are so comfortable. I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm curious...what would you suggest to wear all day in the parks? Sneakers? I wouldn't exactly call them fancy either.

Tigger&Stitch
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
On that same note - flip flops were invented here in New Zealand, and the people here LOVE them. Flip flops are worn all year 'round! And yes, it does get cold here!

People also go barefoot here a lot, as there is no taboo against, it, and none of the stores have signs that say "no shirt/no shoes/no service".

In fact people here generally wear whatever they want, and do their hair in crazy styles - and no one looks at them weird or harasses them. It's awesome.

As far as WDW is concerned...I've seen people wearing high heels in the parks, which to me is crazy, but who am I to judge? WDW is a theme park where people go on vacation. If they want to wear Crocs, or flip flops or heels or whatever - hey, it's their choice. Crocs don't work for everyone, but sneakers don't either. :tigger:

wire0monkey
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Crocs are not great shoes to wear in the parks, especially for kids. The soft texture of the shoe can get caught in moving surfaces like escalators and moving sidewalks. If that happens it can **** a kid's foot into the machinery and seriously cut it or amputate part of the foot.

Lots of rides at WDW use moving sidewalks as part of the loading and unloading platform.

If the shoes get wet, your feet slide around them, making you more likely to trip and fall.

One suggest is to skip the crocs, and get a good sport sandal like a TEVA. I've had friends who hiked miles in their TEVAs.

Tigger&Stitch
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Many types of shoes (and clothing) can get caught in escalators and related machinery - accidents have happened well before crocs came along. And I don't recall any major incidents involving Crocs in WDW in the news...

I think the point is Crocs work for a lot of people, and they don't work for other people. We first learned about them on this site before our last trip and were QUITE happy we did.

And while Crocs can get slippery inside when wet, they dry way faster than other shoes, which cuts down on blisters (which I always get with sandals - even Tevas).

To each their own! If you don't like Crocs, don't wear them.

SignguyTom
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Sheesh...! The thread that WOULD NOT DIE!

Sorry, wouldn't be caught dead in them. I wear quality walking shoes with slick socks. My feet get sore and tired (I'm a bit Pooh shaped :blush:) but at least they have support which Crocs do not provide.

Tink#64
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I have already replied - but this thread is just a hoot! The very first time we saw crocs - we were in WDW! We wondered - what are those strange looking shoes? Now they are our fav's. We haven't worn them to the parks yet, but I'm sure we all will next year. We wear them almost all waking hours that other shoes aren't required!

I figure - to each his own, this thread was started for other croc wearers to give info on how well they perform for them in touring the parks, and from what I've read, we will absolutely be wearing ours! They are such comfortable & supportive shoes! And I have a high arch, so to find a really casual shoe that offers the support that crocs do - it's amazing!

Just for giggles - as Tigger&Stitch mentioned - it's the women in high heels in the parks that freak me out! :eek:

pixiesmimi
12-11-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree about the high heels. I have seen them dressed from head to toe in black with heels and wondered how on earth they could survive a day down there in all that. But it is what a person is used to that makes them comfortable. I normally don't look at what kind of shoes people wear. I just searched and searched for something comfortable to wear where I wasn't crying by the end of the day. That seems to be the only place I have gone that my feet swell so badly. Then a friend started talking about the crocs being so comfortable and when I saw the :mickey: ones, I just had to have some. :) I bought some for my DGDs and they loved them and wouldn't take them off. They usually won't keep shoes on. I knew they had to be comfortable then. I bought a pair even though I had said you would never get me in a pair of those ugly shoes. I tried them out on a two day trip in June and I was sold! When we went in August, I tried different sneakers and shoes to compair and went back to the crocs. Nothing like them! I wear them all the time around here. I had no problems on moving sidewalks, etc. with them and have had no problems with them slipping when wet. Looking for the Mammoth now! :)

DisneyFreak23
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
This is just a personal update

when we went in Sept. i wore my cleo crocs and OMG i love them! but by the end of the trip i had one blister on the back of my heel, but it probably wont happen again, as i normally am not running around 8-10 miles a day in Disney lol.

Now i am thinking of getting a pair of the beach crocs. but i was looking on their website an i think im going to get the *hawaii* style, its the beach croc in dark green and a white strap w/the UH logo. Go Warriors!

wire0monkey
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
*shrug* I don't wear them and I don't let my kids wear them.

Crocs are more likely to cause entrapments in escalators because they are soft. There's been a number of reports and some of them have resulted in serious injury.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20070918/ai_n20503139

You're an adult. Wear them if you like them.

Any shoe is safer for kids to wear, though.

Tigger&Stitch
12-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Shoelaces are by FAR the biggest hazard on escalators...so make sure your children don't wear any shoes with shoelaces!!

4myprincesses
12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
This thread cracks me up! It's too much, really :)

I'm one of those irresponsible parents that let, rather have, their kids wear crocs. My girls love their Disney Crocs, we've actually cleared up a foot issue for one of them! I agree that Crocs are not for every time or situation. For instance, it is nothing for us to have a foot of snow...not good Croc weather. Playing soccer in gym class, not a good idea here either. But, I do have to say that for Disney I couldn't pick a better shoe for my kids. They prefer them with socks (so very styling, I know but I guess aside from being an irresponsible parent I am much to casual as well.) If one of those famous afternoon downpours happens I can pull out a fresh pair of socks for them or, if we happen to hit a two-shower day, we head to the bathroom to dry off their shoes and off we go again safe and sound. We've never had a safety incident including klutzy me. I love my Croc Capris and my Croc Alice shoes are actually quite trendy (hmm, maybe we aren't too casual.)

Now, shoelaces on the other hand can be dangerous, why isn't that in the news. I've personally (did I mention I am klutzy) managed to get them stuck all kinds of places, not to mention how gross they get along with the attached sneaker in those Florida downpours. High heels, I gave up wearing them when I had kids. It's one thing for me to fall but to fall with my child in-arms...goodness. Hey, guess I'm not as irresponsible of a parent as I thought.

Just goes to show, to each their own. Which brings me to my conclusion. Wear your sneakers, high heels, crocs, flip-flops whatever makes your feet happy. I can guarentee our feet aren't the same, our skin isn't the same. You might be able to go sockless all day, not me. To each their own! Kindly return the favor, though, and don't judge me as irresponsible or overtly casual because I wear shoes that are comfy and fit my needs!

Stepping off soapbox now in my styling Alice Crocs

Eeyore's My Favorite
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I wore my croc flip flops this past Sunday when we did a day trip to Epcot & MK - loved them. Very comfortable. Can't wait for the Florida weather to get a little cooler so that I can wear the Mammoth ones my DD bought me for Christmas. At least I'll definitely have them for our January mini-trip!! :mickey:

Crystal Palace
12-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Shoelaces are by FAR the biggest hazard on escalators...so make sure your children don't wear any shoes with shoelaces!!

Yeah, so true! In theory, any shoe could get caught in an escalator. The problem stems from not picking up your feet when you walk!;)

MouseManiac
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Nothing to rub between your toes, nice and open to keep your feet cool...and when it rains... Who cares! Most comfortable things I've ever owned!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Last year I bought a pair of Croc Cleos and wore them before the trip. They were great until..........I wore them for WDW. I would never recommend wearing them in the parks. I wore them walking around Epcot the 1st day and the bottom of my feet were red and extremely raw. They hurt so bad I could barely walk. I had to wear tennis shoes and $2 Old Navy flip flops the rest of the trip. The Old Navy ones were more comfortable. It was the bottoms and straps that caused all the irration.

Good luck finding some comfortable shoes.

NJ Camper
03-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry just can't imagine wearing crocs to the parks i have to wear good sneakers my feet wouldn't last in crocs for very long just couldn't see there being anough support or comfort for me i usually wear running sneakers they seem to offer comfort and don't hurt my feet

MickeyChick
03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I have Caymans and Alice Crocs.

I traded off between the Caymans and my Nike Shox sneakers during our 8 days at the World. The Nikes gave me blisters and irritated my feet every time I wore them. My Crocs left me pain free.

I find the Alices to be cuter, but not quite as comfy.

I love my Crocs and I have orthopedic issues. I just warn that when the arch support starts to go, it's time to replace them.

JerseyDad
03-10-2008, 10:51 AM
....I suppose that since I checked off "other" in the poll...I need to elaborate here?

.....no Crocs for me...ever! I've worked too hard to ever want to wear plastic shoes!! Give me a good pair of leather sneakers (Nike's or Adidas)...with a nice cushioned in-sole...and an added arch supporting insert...and I'm good to go...and go...and go.

....the first and foremost rule of navigating WDW:

Take Care Of Your Feet!!!

Funcruiser56
03-10-2008, 11:45 AM
To each his own as far as foot wear goes. I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that are comfortable for me. My toes do not like to be enclosed- it actually makes them hurt wether it is a shoe or a sheet!
I usually wear birkenstocks to the parks but 2 trips ago I got some horrible blisters and my feet swelled up like crazy. I could barley walk and my feet were ruining the trip for the whole family. My son thankfully wears the same size I do so I borrowed his Adidas 'crocs' and wore socks with them to help sooth the blisters. Within 24hrs my feet really felt fine and I enjoyed the rest of my trip. My toes did not even get sore.
When we returned home I bought some of my own crocs and my feet have been very happy ever since, even my knee does not act up anymore!
I did buy the Cleos last summer and I really like them alot, a little more fashionable too. I wore them for a quick 3 day trip to WDW and my feet did great!
I am going to buy a new pair of crocs soon so they are ready for my longer trip in december.
And yes I will probably wear socks with them, short no show socks that match the color of the crocs.I have worn my crocs all winter long with warm socks even in below zero temps and they worked great, not slippery on the ice either!
Crocs does sell ortho shoes too, ask all the nurses and med techs who wear them every day how they feel...

Funcruiser

pixiesmimi
03-11-2008, 12:23 AM
As I have said before, my :mickey: Crocs are the most comfortable things I have ever worn to the parks. I would like to try some of the other styles though. I had trouble with my feet with everything else except the Crocs. This weekend we participated in a sale at our Civic Center with concrete floors and after being on my feet just a couple of hours on that floor Friday, my feet and back were killing me. So I wore my Crocs the next day for 16 hours and my back and feet were fine and had no problems. These give me more support than any athletic shoe ever has. Plastic or not, I wear what works.:mickey:

DakandZakMom
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Disney Crocs!! :mickey: :mickey:

The only way to go!!

DisneyFreak23
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Ok, so this december i got myself a pair of Beach crocs (i had previously only worn the cleo, which i wore to the world and i did just fine) And i swear, they are really comfy! , but lately i find them hard to wear because i have a plantars wart on the bottom of my foot, so any shoe is uncomfortable (i have recieved treatment for the wart, and it should be leaving soon!) I cant wait to bring my University of Hawaii (go Warriors) crocs to Disney this June!:mickey:

Just Tom
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Please just tell me you don't allow your husband or sons to wear crocs.:blush:

DisneyFanaticDargon
03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
How about none? These hideous shoes are an absolute insult to fashionable footwear and need to be thrown into mass burnings so they can reach an early and well-deserved grave. Whoever invented these thinking they were not only a good idea but also fashionable needs to be committed.

pixiesmimi
03-12-2008, 08:59 AM

Each to his own, but yes, all of my grandsons wear one style or another of the Crocs. They are very popular with kids around here, even in high school. My daughter's ex even wears them and believe me, he is a very macho man. I don't know the name of the style but they aren't Cayman's. But they look very good on them. The younger ones wear the :mickey: or Auburn ones and love them. My DGS wore his Auburn ones to WDW and never complained a bit about his feet.

chick20679
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Personally, I love my crocs.

I do not wear them because they are (or are not) fashion forward. I wear them because they are comfortable.

I have one set each of: beach, mary janes, malindi, sassari, mammoth and alice. And I love every pair. And I even wear my alice pair at work (oh, the horror! :drama:)

This last trip (Early Feb) I wore my mary janes and my malindis. I also take flips flops. The mary janes are the most comfortable for walking around alot. The malindis were better for evening/dinner outfits since they are a little dressier.

I say, to each his/her own. If you don't like the way they look, maybe you should check out the website and see all the different styles they have available, not all crocs have that signature "crocs" look. On the other hand, you could just not wear them if you don't like them. I won't be mad, I promise. ;)

poohbearlover15
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
I reccomend not wearing them and just go with regular flip flops or tennis shoes since they are much cuter than crocs!

May524
03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I have the athens and adore them!

Hull-onian
03-13-2008, 07:02 PM
:thanks: everyone for all your input on Crocs. I went to Bob's Stores and they have em for not a lot of money. They have hidden Mickey's on them really cute.:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
03-15-2008, 01:29 AM
It may have already been said... For our Dec 2006 trip I wore my lovely ugly crocs (beach/cayman) with socks and NEVER had Disney feet! A first in 10 trips. And in December it was cold so I wore jeans. I don't think I could wear socks with them with capri pants or shorts. Not that "un-vain" yet hahaha! However, in Sept of this year, it was so so so so hot! I wore the crocs the first day, no socks, and got horrible blisters on the inside top of my feet. My Teva flip flops ended up being the shoe of choice in the heat.

So, if you can wear socks with them... go for it! I swear my feet or even my calves didn't ache at all!! :)
You must have plump little feet like me. I love the feel of the crocs but they rub blisters on the top and side if my foot where the strap attaches to the shoe.

Last year I bought a pair of Croc Cleos and wore them before the trip. They were great until..........I wore them for WDW. I would never recommend wearing them in the parks. I wore them walking around Epcot the 1st day and the bottom of my feet were red and extremely raw. They hurt so bad I could barely walk. I had to wear tennis shoes and $2 Old Navy flip flops the rest of the trip. The Old Navy ones were more comfortable. It was the bottoms and straps that caused all the irration.

Good luck finding some comfortable shoes.
I am with you on this one, I thought the Cleos would be better since there was less area to rub... Wrong! Just skinnier blisters.

I did buy a pair of Fit Flops before our Feburary trip. They were heaven! The best arch support I have ever found and because of where the strap goes, they do not flip or flop. And, they give me the support I need after knee replacement... I had them verified by my doctor.

Here we go again...
03-15-2008, 01:35 AM
I know there is a lot of discussion about the Crocs in another thread, but I got some of the fit flops before our Feburary trip. I have to say that I LOVED them.

Number 1 I am not a flip flop person. I had knee replacement 8 months ago and still have to make sure my knee is supported so that I walk properly. These shoes are amazing. The amount of support is unbelievable. The straps are also far enough back that they do not flip or flop.

They are a little pricey, but for someone like me that needs support and comfort the price is well worth it.

Followthatmouse
03-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Good to know.

I hope the knee is doing well.

chick20679
03-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Hope you enjoy them! :thumbsup:

WDW24
03-15-2008, 08:43 AM
On my last trip I bought them on Main st. with the mickeys, except mine are the pirate ones.

They're very comfterable except they get very sweaty!:mad:

WDW24
03-15-2008, 08:45 AM
:thumbsup:My pirate crocs are awesome!

BMan62
03-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Can't wear crocs, sandals, flip flops or most any open footwear due to having orthotics and a heel lift. For me, a good pair of Asics with my inserts makes a week at WDW easy. No blisters, no foot cramps, nothing.

kakn7294
03-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Please just tell me you don't allow your husband or sons to wear crocs.:blush:My DH has a pair of Steelers Crocs just like mine. Here's a pic of mine (http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/13945/2194356860102032678S600x600Q85.jpg). We love them - I have 5 prs and can't wait to get more. My DD's love Crocs too. The best thing for kids is that they are so easy to clean - throw them in a sink full of sudsy water, rinse, and let dry! My girls are wicked on shoes!

Tink2002
03-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Just got a pair of cleo's for the parks, I plan on wearing them with the second strap forward instead of around the ankle to try and prevent blisters, but they're so cute! I wear my winter crocs pretty much daily right now and have a pair of beach and caymens but I wanted something a little less huge and more dainty for summer. :mickey:

And... everyone is entitled to their own opinion about how something looks, but you really can't knock them until you've worn them. I realize some people have no desire to do so, but it isn't my fault you're missing out on wearing fluffy little pillows on your feet. Honestly, though, who thought a thread about SHOES would get as hostile as some of these postings? Just wear what's comfy for you and have fun!:thumbsup:

MushuMulan
03-16-2008, 03:00 AM
I would say just wear regular tennis shoes to the park. They're versatile, usually have decent support, and, in my opinion, are generally more stylish.

Maybe, it's just the area I live in (or me), but crocs have never been popular in my area. Most people frown at them in fact, and I have to kind of agree, as it's gotten a bit ridiculous for all the styles of a single kind of shoe that they have made.

Regardless of all that I said though, it's your decision, because I'm definitely no expert on crocs.

Have fun!

2Princesses4Us
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I LOVE Crocs! My two daughters have them and they are the cutest things ever! Theirs are filled with princess jibitz!
I have hot pink Mary Janes and I love them.
My dad even has a pair... boring black!

My sister and mother, however, think we're crazy and wouldn't touch a pair for a million bucks!

To each his own... I think the key to hapy feet in WDW is actually changing your shoes each day. This lets them recover from the day before and gives them a little change. Personally, as a 30 - 40 miles a week runner, I wear running shoes one day, crocs another, an take turns.

Best wishes!

:mickey:

wedway76
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I don’t wear crocs but…

Several years ago I bought a pair of big red clown shoes for a Halloween costume. Honestly the entire costume made me feel ridiculous, but when I put the shoes on I couldn’t believe how comfortable they were. It was like I was walking on a cloud. I have a lot of trouble with shoes, so I figured that by the end of the night my dogs would be barking, but to my great surprise my feet felt as good at the end of the night as they did in the beginning. I was so impressed that I wore them around the house the entire next day. They are just amazing! After a few weeks I finally worked up the courage to wear them out of the house, and I’ve been wearing them all the time ever since. I wore them the entire time that we were in Disneyworld. You have to get used to leaving a little extra room in front of you in the ride queues, and I did get a few rude comments and stares, but I couldn’t care less. My feet felt great. I got the ShoeBees Bubble Toe Wingtip Clown Shoes. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. ;)

tomatoe pie
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
i have several pair of shoes that i always take to wdw. with 50 to 100 miles of walking in a few days my feet need to change the ins and outs of shape and support occasionally.

mary janes fit my foot better than the regular croc so that goes with me. the kids like the other better.

the greatest one of all was in disney stores last winter. we were in wdw the end of dec. and the first of jan. when the weather suddenly turned very fridged. it was so cold that everyone was looking for coats, gloves, hats and scarves. there is a croc (don't know what it is called) that has a soft thick fabric lining that was to die for!!! my feet were already sore and hurting plus cold. those things were like clouds.:cloud9: my feet did not hurt at all and were also warm. they are like big pillows for your feet. we just loved them. they will go with me to wdw even in the summer from now on.:ebasket::easter:

Coach Goofy
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM

I plan on wearing mine when I go in a couple of months. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with guys wearing Crocs. Is there some unwritten rule that I don't know about? :cool:

*NikkiJ*
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I didn't even know that there were that many types of crocs!!:blush::confused:

I thinking about getting a pair and testing them out before I go to disney...