PDA

View Full Version : 1st Trip?

PoohGirls2
07-16-2007, 08:34 AM
We have friends that are going to WDW with us this coming January. It will be their 1st trip to the parks. Which park and what ride would you recommend taking them to first?
I know we have our favorite that we always do first, but wanted to see what others do first.

BigRedDad
07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Nearly impossible to answer without knowing the make up of the group. Older groups like the sights and smells of Main Street. So, they will take those in. Teenagers and older children love the Mountains, so they will head that way. Little kids will go to the Castle and then to Fantasyland and Toon Town. That's just the Magic Kingdom.

PoohGirls2
07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Our friends' kids will be 11, 8, and 6 years old.

Lizzie
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I would head toward the MK first just because for kids thats probably what they think of when they think Disneyworld.

c&d
07-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I second the Magic Kingdom as the first park. I would choose Buzz Lightyear as their first ride. It's a fun ride. After that Astro Orbiter, one of my favorite rides.

PeterPanFan
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Ok ok the first part is easy. Magic Kingdom. Ok the second it a little tougher. If they can handle I would go on Splash Mountian. Great ride. A little thrill. Plus a whole lot of Disney Magic inside. I actually would say space mountain but since you cat see anything I say splash. Plus its easy then to go back to Pirates or head to Fantasy land. If they love splash big thunder is right there for more thrill. Now if they dont like rides I say go with buzz.

RocknRoller94
07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I would visit Magic Kingdom first and ride the WDW Railroad. Stop at Frontierland and Grab Fastpasses for the Mountains.

LoriMistress
07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Our friends' kids will be 11, 8, and 6 years old.

For MK: I would suggest taking the kids right at rope drop at Fantasyland since that will be the most crowded first. Get FP for Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. The first ride to go on is Dumbo. As for the other kids (11, 8), I would suggest taking them to SM, SpM, and BTMRR first. They will get crowded throughout the day.

Epcot: Get FP for Soarin and ride Soarin' first. Than go to TT, and M:S. Ride SSE later.

MGM: RnRc and ToT.

AK: EE and KS.

GrmGrninGost
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
I would go to the Magic Kingdom! :mickey: This is where the magic started. It is the place people associate with WDW! I would go to the TTC and ride the monorail to the park. Then, I would take a full circuit on the Walt Disney World Railroad, just to give them the lay of the land. When the train came back to Main St. Station, we would walk down Main St. to the castle, taking in all the sights, sounds and aromas! After that? Let them decide!

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
:mickey: Okay, after talking to my DS (12), it's simple...MAGIC KINGDOM :wave: ...now if they were raised on the Disney stories, well then, FANTASYLAND is a safe bet :peter: ...but if they are going with not so much of a clue to Disney, well, go for TOMORROWLAND...in either case it is easy to assume that MICKEYS TOON TOWN FAIR :balloon: should be next...by now they may be ready for a break, so jump on the train :train: and take a relaxing ride to FRONTIERLAND were they can really get pumped...and then on to ADVENTURELAND...I was going to save LIBERTY SQUARE for last because of how cool THE HAUNTED MANSION :hmghost: is at night...but then I remembered their ages...so maybe switch the last two...no matter how you choose to spend your time...HAVE A GREAT TIME, THE MAGIC :tink:IS A GIVEN!

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN