PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sounds?

GhostHost999
07-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Wow...200 posts...a mini milestone for me...

:party:

Now on to business...

What are your favorite sounds in the parks? This could be anything you like, but basically what moves you, or makes you realize "Yes! we're here!", or brings a smile to your face evertime you think of it.

For me...It was always the voice on the Monorail saying "Our next stop is the Magic Kingdom."

:mickey:

mickeyfan2001
07-16-2007, 03:27 AM
My favorite has to be the music that goes along with Wishes...It always makes me cry. I love it.

WDWdreamer87
07-16-2007, 04:12 AM
The horns at the beginning of the Spectromagic parade.

I get chill bumps and tears flowing everytime.

luv_cinderella
07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Well, there aren't any sounds at Disney that make me cry... but one of my favorites is the music and background noises on Mainstreet USA. That and the sound of the monorail whizzing past at EPCOT.

Always Goofy
07-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Mine is going to "sound" a little weird, but for me it is that first morning when I wake up in a Disney resort. If I am in the MK area, then I love hearing the train whisle blowing in the morning! :train:But, if I am staying in the Contemporary, the hearing the monorail whoosh by inside always brought a smile to my face.
Now if I am at OKW, it was hearing the bus as it goes by to take me to a park!

I know weird...but I always loved it.

That might be why sometimes I like taking my work shuttle...same squeaky brakes! I keep hoping one day they are gonna say, for get work...I'm drivin to Disney!:bus:

raingrass
07-16-2007, 08:04 AM
My favorite has to be the music that goes along with Wishes...It always makes me cry. I love it.

YES,it's great .I like it ,too.

DisneyKim22
07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
It's always the entrance music for me. I almost always start a trip at either MK or Epcot, and the entrance music to both parks brings this sense of excitment and a feeling of "home" over me.

Sigh....still 130 days to go....

Gottaluvgoof
07-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Has to be Wishes! I have the CD at home, but when that starts while you are there, it's the best!

stitchbag1
07-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Wow.......

I have so many sounds for WDW that make me happy. I love the sound of listening to a childs first reaction to seeing the castle for the first time. Since I don't have any kids of my own, I really enjoy hearing that kind of happiness in a child.

But my absolute favorite sound has got to POTC "A Pirates Life for Me." I could be having the absolute worst day and I will think of POTC and immediately that song will change my mood completely around. I wonder if they could pipe that music into my office?

DizNee143
07-16-2007, 09:27 AM
definetly (sp?) has to be the whistle from the train as i just get to the Magic Kingdom!! thats the greatest!! :mickey:

Florida Dreamer
07-16-2007, 10:20 AM
My favorite sound is when a young child sees their favorite character and is just bubbling over in excitement. I find myself watching them for a few moments and then I am reminded of just how magical my day will be if I take the time to appreciate it.:joy:

LauraF
07-16-2007, 10:29 AM
It's a toss-up. Either the wolf howl at the Haunted Mansion or the monorail announcement. (Por favor manteganse allejado de las puertas . . .) Those are when I truly know I'm in WDW. :mickey:

PS: forgive my Spanish if it's mispelled

chefmickey3
07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree with all of the pp - Beginning of SpectroMagic, Wishes... Also, I love the background music in Tomorrowland as you cross the bridge from the hub. So relaxing!

KH
07-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Another vote for the entrance music to the parks. Just yesterday my DD was humming the EPOCT music! It made me wish I were there. :(

EvilQueen2006
07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
the train whistle, the music in frontierland, the music from spectromagic, the preshow speil on ToT, the fife and drum corp, the drummers in Japan, the music in Harambe village. Those are a few off the top of my head. I know there are tons more.

kaliepooh
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Just reading these posts are giving me that excited feeling that I usually get when we reach to magical express counter at MCO. I have 27 more days!! I'm going to drive myself nuts until then!!

KAT1811
07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
. . . the monorail announcement. ([I]Por favor manteganse allejado de las puertas . . .)
PS: forgive my Spanish if it's mispelled

That's my favorite. I could probably recite it in my sleep!!!

brad192
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I agree with all of the previous examples, and will add one more - the Voices of Liberty! :thumbsup::sing: I'm always amazed by these folks & plan my day at Epcot around thier performances.

DessertDivaFL
07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
My favorite is when I am in Tomorrowland and I hear the People Mover voice overhead. That brings back those happy feelings when I visited the park 25 years ago. Still love those classic sounds!

Darin M
07-16-2007, 01:00 PM
"Dead Men Tell No Tales"

NJRRK
07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
The "Whoooosh-hmmmmm" of the monorail as it goes overhead.

Mousehead35
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
My favs are the music and ghost host from the Haunted Mansion and the background music from Future World at Epcot.

Ahhh.. next month at this time I'll be there :cloud9:

LizLovesDiz
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a few favorite sounds:
I love the music from AK it's very soothing.
I love the Halloween music that is playing at MNSSHP.Illuminations,Wishes,and the toot tootin from the train at MK,and of course Mickeys voice !:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
For us its easy, its the horn of the Resort yacht as it pulls into the Poly dock. We're back then.:mickey:

JPL
07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
The train whistle or Riverboat whistle:thumbsup:
The Monorail Spiel :mickey:
The drums in Adventureland :cloud9:

Way too many to list here :blush:

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
:joy:Congrats on your 200th post!!:joy:

My favorite sound in all of WDW is the train whistle and bell!

I also love hearing "Please stand clear of the doors" as you get on the monorail.

DisneyFanatic11
07-16-2007, 04:03 PM
The Spectromagic song. And the Fantasmic song.. I really feel like I'm at Disney with those. Wishes is an awesome song, too.

And from my rides, definately the ghost host and the graveyard scene music in the Haunted Mansion. Then I /know/ I am in Disney World.

I can't wait for next month.

dumbo ears
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
hearing people scream as they ride the tower of terror. ha

EvilQueen2006
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
hearing people scream as they ride the tower of terror. ha

oooooooh, thats a good one. I love to sit at a table eating a turkey leg and listen to people scream from their elevators over and over.

beksy
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
The monorail announcements and the train whistle at the MK! I know the magic is starting!! :party:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
:mickey: MAIN STREET, USA :balloon:

Your attention please (Horn blows) the Walt Disney World Railroad :train: ; now boarding for a scenic trip around the Magic Kingdom (sounds of a steam engine)...ALL ABOARD!

:welcome: MEDLEY

:tiphat: ...it's all pure magic wrapped up in pixie dust :tink:, welcome to a place where dreams come true, a timeless journey through fantasy...I'm walking right down the middle of MAIN STREET, USA...CLANG CLANG CLANG went the trolley, DING DING DING went the bell, ZING ZING ZING went my heart strings :heart: ...

I listen to this piece over and over...from the CD, WHERE MAGIC LIVES Disc 1

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

GrmGrninGost
07-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Mine is the train whistle!:train:

Golf Grumpy
07-16-2007, 07:26 PM
The enterance music to EPCOT..Love it

mainemajor
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I love to hear the screams from ToT, starting before you enter the park and culminating when you are on the ride.
Zip-a-dee-dah sticks with me for hours if not days once I hear it.
At EPCOT the drummers in Japan and Off Kilter in Canada draw me like moths to a light

Aggie97
07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow - this post is making me feel all excited and anxious, as if I was leaving tomorrow to go to WDW!

I completely agree with everyone else whose favorite sounds included the monorail, Main Street, ToT elevator screaming.

I really love how the background music and sound effects change when you move from land to land within each park.

I also love the music for Wishes, Spectromagic, Peter Pan's Flight, Illuminations, and the Epcot fountain music (the very best song is "Standing in Motion" by Yanni).

Gator
07-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm trying to figure out why everyone loves the sound of the Monorail. It doesn't really make a sound.

Anyway, I love the "chime" at Star Tours when the announcer speaks. Also, I really love the music playing as you enter early at the AK going to Donald's. The quiet walk with that music is great.

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:52 AM
For me it is the music as you enter MK and te sound of the monorail and train whistle. We have the Disney CD's and have been listening to the music in the car. My son loves the Mickey Mouse March song and we listen to that like 10 times over before we can go onto the next song. When I hear it, I just get visions of walking down Main Street.:tink:

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:53 AM
To t he previous poster, the monorail has a humming sound, I guess you may not notice it. It ios white noise.
Kris

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
"Please Stand Clear Of The Doors, Por Favor Mantanganse Alejado De Las Puertas"

I LOVE hearing this, on my last trip, my mom and i tried to memorize it, but we couldn't quite get it right. Then one of the podcasts i listen to did a segment on the monorail, and it played that part. So now, i can listen to all day long! Also, if you want the words, just google "please stand clear of the doors.

boobalk
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
For me it's the Northwoods music I hear upon entering the WL. It's soooo soothing , and is a definite confirmation that "WE HAVE ARRIVED!"
Also, we have a WDW cd that we bought years ago that has the music to the original Main St
Electrical Parade. Every time I hear the intro synthesizer, I get goosebumps!!:D

caryrae
07-17-2007, 11:24 AM
The horns at the beginning of the Spectromagic parade.

I get chill bumps and tears flowing everytime.

My favorite too. It is one of the things I remember the most from our very 1st trip to WDW around 12, 13 years ago.

I also love the sounds from the Tomarrowlands Transit Autority, "Paging Mr. Marrow Mr. Tom Marrow your party from saturn has arrived, please give them a ring."

Figgyluv03
07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Honestly waiting in line for Space Mountain and listening to the background music. I also love the sound that the magnets make when RnRc is reving up!!!!

IloveDisney71
07-17-2007, 08:02 PM
When I enter the Magic Kingdom and hear the horses hooves hitting the pavement on Main Street, I know I'm finally where the magic is!:yay:

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 10:44 PM
The sounds the buses make when you can hear them coming... and you get ALL excited for your FIRST moment in a Disney park for that trip!!

Entrance music from Epcot.. its the best.. the best kind when you are walking from your bus in the middle of the day when its all quiet and you can hear it...

"Por favor, montenganse alejado de las puertas." Nuf said...

When you're walking near ToT and you can hear the bell ring from THAT far away... oh yeah...

Soarin music... not really sure why... but yeah.. Love it!

"Pretty good, sure as you're born!"

"...there's so much that we share, that its time we're aware... its a small...."
Oh wait... I got that confused with the WORST sound at Disney...oops.. my bad...

tarjaybuff
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I also agree with Spectromagic and Wishes.

However, in AK on KS they play a song on the radio when you are out in the savahna. Seeing the animals, and hearing the authentic music is always a miving moment for me.

Does anyone know what song it is? I have always wanted to get it. Thanks!