PDA

View Full Version : Limo vs. Magical Express

Sunshine1010
07-16-2007, 01:46 AM
I've always used the ME services. Have ALWAYS loved ths service and I've never had a problem.

But, I've recently looked into the whole limo deal.

I wouldn't be doing it to get to the resort quicker, and I woldn't be using it because I want to handle my own luggage (even though I know that's an option with ME). I wouldn't be doing it to show off.

The reasons I would do it would be to 'just let my 2 men (husband and son) have a little fun so they can experience a limo, and to have a little more convenience to stop off at a store.

Questions:
1. What's a reputable company
2. Is it worth doing it (for the reasons I've listed)
3. Do they charge if I stop off at a store
4. DO they stop off at a store
5. Average tip?
6.Can I get ME on the way back...only

What are some experience's ya'll have had (good and bad).

Thank you in advance........

faline
07-16-2007, 05:51 AM
If you want to use a limo, I'd highly recommend Happy Limo (http://www.intercot.com/news/advertising/*********.asp). Whenever I've used a limo company, I've used them and have always been pleased with the service I receive.

Yes, you can get a grocery stop if you ask for one when you book and no, they won't charge you extra for the stop.

You can use Magical Express one-way only if that's your choice.

Why not add a little more fun to your trip?! :mickey:

luv_cinderella
07-16-2007, 07:34 AM
We used Happy Limo on our first trip (as a couple) to WDW and were very pleased with their service. We had actually only booked a town car, but they picked us to go back to the airport in a limo. Upgrade for free! :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-16-2007, 07:42 AM
I've always used the ME services. Have ALWAYS loved ths service and I've never had a problem.

But, I've recently looked into the whole limo deal.

I wouldn't be doing it to get to the resort quicker, and I woldn't be using it because I want to handle my own luggage (even though I know that's an option with ME). I wouldn't be doing it to show off.

The reasons I would do it would be to 'just let my 2 men (husband and son) have a little fun so they can experience a limo, and to have a little more convenience to stop off at a store.

Questions:
1. What's a reputable company
2. Is it worth doing it (for the reasons I've listed)
3. Do they charge if I stop off at a store
4. DO they stop off at a store
5. Average tip?
6.Can I get ME on the way back...only

What are some experience's ya'll have had (good and bad).

Thank you in advance........
I agree with all of faline's facts ... I'm mostly here to comment on #2.

If you want your guys to have something personalized and special, then that's a great reason to get a car service. Like you, I'm a big DME fan and two-time very satisfied customer, but if you want that "special" personalized experience then it sounds like the car service is the right thing for you.

On a round-trip, the tip is usually 10% of the total to each driver. I would go a little higher on a one-way trip. For example, if my charge was $60, I'd give at least a $10 bill rather than giving $6. I'd be happy to give more than $10 if there service was above and beyond, and I'd certainly give less than $10 for really cruddy service. But I just threw out a figure because you asked for one.

Yes, you can do DME just one-way, in either direction. If you want, you can wait until you are at WDW, and make your homeward-bound DME reservation at your resort a few days before your vacation is done. But if you like to have everything sewn up before then, go ahead and make the DME reservation through Disney or through DME directly (866-599-0951).

IMPORTANT: If you do make an advance reservation for the way home, you will be sent an entire DME packet. In that packet will be those yellow DME luggage tags. THROW THEM OUT. They are unnecessary for you. Those tags are used ONLY for your arrival in Orlando, and are totlaly meaningless for the trip from resort back to airport, which will be the only leg of DME you'll be taking. Those tags will be sent because any DME reservation triggers the entire DME packet to be sent, even though you will have no use for those luggage tags.

I hope this makes sense, please ask for clarification if it doesn't.