PDA

View Full Version : Storage/Lockers for yearly fee.....questions

Sunshine1010
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm interested in getting one of these 'storage boxes' you can get. I found one for 99.00 a year.

Questions:
1. Is it worth it?
2. Is it as big as a storage container you get at the store?
3. How is the service?
4. What company do you use (and what's their website......you can 'private message' me on this one)
5. How hard is it to get the account started?
6. Any security problems
7. Can you put hygiene products in there (deoderant, hairspray, curling iron, toothbrushes, etc.)

What are your general thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

dlpmikki
07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Do you mean one of those boxes for storage near a timeshare like in orlando?

MMouse6937
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm kinda confused too. Do you mean those PODS things or an actually storage facility? I have never heard of any storage place for $99 a year so I'm not sure. We have always had storage units as DH is into motorcycles and cars and we always have more than our house can hold. My only thought on these types of storage is it's just like rent, it never gets you anywhere and I get frustrated at just "throwing" the money away. They always raise the rent, there is no contract stating you get one rate forever. I have probably no doubt paid thousands of dollars over the years to store DH's stuff. We finally got a shed in our backyard that has taken most of the extras which is the best deal. So that's my take on it unless I totally misunderstood what you were talking about, in which case, nevermind :D

Sunshine1010
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
No....I'm talking about the storage BOXES. Where you can put the things you need when you come to WDW every year. It's the size of one of those big tupperware storage boxes (you can get them at most any stores). I would say the box comes up to my knees.

You put the stuff in the box. The company delivers it to your resort, and then picks it up when it's time to go home.

The thing we were thinking about putting in there: curling iron, all the ponchos, Pal Mickey, all the toiletries, batteries, our fans (that are small)....etc.

Flower
07-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I did not realize they did that - it's a good idea so you don't have to take everything with you each time, but it sounds like big expense for such small items.

I don't think batteries would keep that well for a year, and I would be Leary of some hygiene products after a year.

Save your hundred buck, buy a small suitcase to store most of the stuff at home and just take it with you when you travel - IMHO.

Tick-Tock
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I did not realize they did that - it's a good idea so you don't have to take everything with you each time, but it sounds like big expense for such small items.

I don't think batteries would keep that well for a year, and I would be Leary of some hygiene products after a year.

Save your hundred buck, buy a small suitcase to store most of the stuff at home and just take it with you when you travel - IMHO.

Ditto. I don't think I'd want to use opened toothpaste that has been sitting in a box in who-knows-what conditions for a year. Anyway, it would probably be cheaper for you to ship a box to your resort before your trip if you're concerned about suitcase space.

Flower
07-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Ditto. I don't think I'd want to use opened toothpaste that has been sitting in a box in who-knows-what conditions for a year. Anyway, it would probably be cheaper for you to ship a box to your resort before your trip if you're concerned about suitcase space.

Or use a grocery delivery service for hygiene and food items.

Sunshine1010
07-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah --- space in the suitcase is the biggest issue. I'd still fill the box even if I didin't put toiletries in there. I'd still put our 2 little fans, ponchos, Disney blanket, Disney ears, all the cards, the extra shoes I bring only for the trip, curling iron, hairbrush, toothbrushes, .......it's quite the haul...