PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Left With Regrets?

Dakota Rose
07-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Have you ever gone to WDW and skipped something or missed out on something and then after getting home really regret it?

Here's my story:

We were at WDW during Food & Wine in 2005. It was Monday Oct 10 and we were in Epcot. We were having a wonderful leisurely day as our DS (then 18 mos) napped in the stroller when my hubby suggested we go into some room/building in the WS to see what was going on in there. I said (with much attitude) "No, why? Let's get on to MK for the parade.":humph: Ok that was so dumb. :pout:Fast forward 6 mos, we're watching FoodNetwork (my fave!) and there's a Disney cake challenge on the tele and it was filmed at Epcot and they did a blurb on F&W. Sure enough, they show the date on the check: oct 10. I wanted to die.:fit:

MMouse6937
07-16-2007, 12:09 PM
OH, yikes, bad miss, I'm so sorry :(

I have had plenty of, oh I wish we would have moments but I realize we all have limitations.

Quite frankly my biggest mistake was being there at the 2000 millenium celebration and not truly enjoying it for everything that it was. Back then I wasn't such a Disney freak *gasp* so I was excited to be there, but not as into it as I would have been now. We did enjoy the Tapestry of Nations parade only after my father nagged us to death about it (thanks dad :D ). We also had a quick tour through the Millenium village which I now realize how great spending more time there would have been. Oh well, you live and learn, and there is always more Disney magic on the horizon! :cloud9:

ibrowse17
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
In general, I always regret leaving WDW. :thumbsup:

Dyanna
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I always regret having to go home.:cry: As all we can do is spend 5 full days in the parks it is never enough.

Dakota Rose
07-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I always regret having to go home. As all we can do is spend 5 full days in the parks it is never enough.

On that note, how come waiting to get to WDW goes sooooooo slow while being there goes soooooo fast!!! It's like summer break for a 12-year-old.

Beast_fanatic
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Our last trip was split between the parks and the cruise, and we didn't have time to do everything that I wanted in the parks. The main things that I regret missing are Spaceship Earth because it will be in rehab on our next trip, and eating a Mickey bar because I'm diabetic now and can't enjoy a whole one any more. :(

wizardmickey
07-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention...
Usually, I regret:
1) Not bringing enough money (have started to take care of that problem. :thumbsup:)
2) Not planning long enough time there.
3) Having to leave.

snifflesmcg
07-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Have you ever gone to WDW and skipped something or missed out on something and then after getting home really regret it?

Here's my story:

We were at WDW during Food & Wine in 2005. It was Monday Oct 10 and we were in Epcot. We were having a wonderful leisurely day as our DS (then 18 mos) napped in the stroller when my hubby suggested we go into some room/building in the WS to see what was going on in there. I said (with much attitude) "No, why? Let's get on to MK for the parade.":humph: Ok that was so dumb. :pout:Fast forward 6 mos, we're watching FoodNetwork (my fave!) and there's a Disney cake challenge on the tele and it was filmed at Epcot and they did a blurb on F&W. Sure enough, they show the date on the check: oct 10. I wanted to die.:fit:

How absolutely awful!!! If it were me, I'd probably jump off the top of Cinderella's Castle.

Anyway, which cake challenge was this? I started a thread about a month ago when the "Disney Villians Cake Challenge" .
Here is the discussion if you care to check it out.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107044&highlight=disney+cake+challenge

I asked if anyone had seen it ect ect and if you had to pay for it. I later found out on the Food Network website that it was filmed at MGM on Feb 8, 2007. Had I know when this was going to be, I would have surely gone there to see it. I'm a beginner cake decorator and am completely obsessed with those cake challenges.

snifflesmcg
07-17-2007, 01:30 AM
In response to your question, yes, there is something I missed when I visited that I had wished I did then.

When I was 9 (in 1988) my parents told me that they had rode Space Mountain years ago and they would never ride it again. So they wouldn't let me ride it. We left and I never rode it even though I wanted to so bad.

When I was 10 my dad told me that he would go on with me. I said I wasn't leaving WDW until I rode Space Mountain. Well, I never did and low and behold I left WDW never riding Space Mountain.

I FINALLY rode Space Mountain in Sept 2001. I got off and said "this is what my parents refused to go on????". More mild than I'd ever thought it would be. I had heard horror stories for years about what a nightmare this ride was. Looks like the parents are a bunch of wussies.

campdisney
07-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Our last trip, we had reservations at Boma (AKL) our last night at WDW. Boma is by far our favorite place to gorge, I mean, eat at WDW.

Unfortunately, all of our traveling party, save one, became ill our last few days of vacation with some nasty little intestinal bug that was going around. :ill: We never made it to Boma.

I'm still haunted by the memory of the zebra domes that might have been.

Dakota Rose
07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Anyway, which cake challenge was this? I started a thread about a month ago when the "Disney Villians Cake Challenge" .
Here is the discussion if you care to check it out.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...ke+chal lenge

I asked if anyone had seen it ect ect and if you had to pay for it. I later found out on the Food Network website that it was filmed at MGM on Feb 8, 2007. Had I know when this was going to be, I would have surely gone there to see it. I'm a beginner cake decorator and am completely obsessed with those cake challenges.

The challenge I missed was the Disney Dream Desserts. I'm a dessert diva (and beginning cake decorator like you) and unknowingly passing this up broke my heart. I will never again scoff at my DH at WDW.:blush:

SBETigg
07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Missing the cake challenge must have been huge for a dessert diva- so sorry!

I regret not seeing the Tapestry of Dreams parade in Epcot when I had the chance. I was holding a table at a great spot for Illuminations with my son while my daughter and husband went to pick up some souvenirs. They got caught in the parade coming back and talked about how amazing it was, and my son and I still feel bad for missing out. It was a great Illuminations viewing, thanks to our table saving, but I wish we had made time to catch the parade another night instead of worrying about getting caught in big crowds.

Speedy1998
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Sure, everytime I leave I regret that I am not wealthy enough to permenatly move into a suite at one of the deluxe resorts.

MsMin
07-19-2007, 12:29 AM
most of the time I regret not eating something like a dole whip or pretzel :blush:

Here we go again...
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Sure, everytime I leave I regret that I am not wealthy enough to permenatly move into a suite at one of the deluxe resorts.
I keep telling my DH that if he buys us enough DVC points we can just stay at "home" all the time. ;)

most of the time I regret not eating something like a dole whip or pretzel :blush:

I love the frozen bananas but you can not find them in all of the parks. I regret not getting one when I see them.

I also regret not buying my DD the Tink statue she wanted 4 years ago... I did not know that they would stop making that one and it would become a collectors item. She begged and begged... I said no because we had already spent so much money (imagine that). I thought we could just get it on the next trip. Wrong.

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I love the frozen bananas but you can not find them in all of the parks. I regret not getting one when I see them.

We brought our Dad to DW last time and he has only been to DL. Frozen Bannanas are his daily snack at DL and he could never find them at DW. We were at Epcot and he walked from cart to cart looking for them. He found one that was supposed to have them but they were out. He was a little frustrated and complained. The cast member went and hunted one down and found him (he was sitting out by his cart with the grandkids waiting for people to get off the ride), and brought him a free one.

I was so excited because this finally got him over why aren't we at Disneyland.

But I wish I had rode RNR and TOT one more time before we left.

DizRunner
07-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a wife who understands my love for Disney and running. She allows me every other year to go down and run the marathon or half-marathon. In 2006 I did sooo much. But here are some regrets that I had after I got back. I will not make the same mistakes in 2008.

- did not stay to watch Illuminations on the day of the run. I was tired. Not in 2008. I can sleep when I'm at home.

- was on the fence on whether to buy a really cool WDW T-shirt. I talked myself out of it.

- at MK I was there for Evening EMH. I left an hour early. Again, I'm staying until it closes. I can sleep at home.

- at MK I should've ridden the TTA at night. Rode it during the day, but I'm sure it's much cooler at night with all of the lights. Love the TTA. Remember it so well riding it as a kid in 1972.

- going through the HM at night. Don't know why I skipped it at night. Maybe because I rode it 4 times during the day.

In January when I go, I'm going to tell myself when I'm there "Okay, you're here. Do everything you dream about doing when you're at home and wish you were here. Stay as long in the parks as you can."

nicole48040
07-19-2007, 11:40 PM
My regret last time was that I did not plan enough. I just did not realize that doing WDW without a plan dooms you to missing a ton. I also regret our Pleasure Island nights because it made us too tired for EMHs and you can go out at night when you get home. Pleasure Island is nice, but not worth missing time in the parks (in my opinion).
This time there will be plenty of preparation and lots of good sleep:sleepin:

CosmicRay
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
I regret not going on the original Dinosaur ride. I have heard how awful and scary it was and it just makes me curious to wonder how bad it was. I dont think I would have liked it or anything, but just the wondering.

Missing the Tapestry of Dreams parade.

One year we went for a quick 3 day trip and we decided this would be the trip where we do things we've never done before or skipped in the past. It was really a lot of fun and we made new discoveries and traditions!

psychotekkie
07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Strange regret.... when we went 4 years ago, it was my first time since I was a little kid, and my DHs and DD4s first time ever. We only had 4 days but we packed TONS of stuff into our short time.

As we hobbled back to the hotel on the fourth night, on our tired aching feet, our only regret was that we didn't take it easy a bit more. We nearly crippled ourselves.

On our next trip, we took 10 days, relaxed and napped every afternoon. Not a sore body part to speak of.

snifflesmcg
07-20-2007, 04:33 AM
The challenge I missed was the Disney Dream Desserts. I'm a dessert diva (and beginning cake decorator like you) and unknowingly passing this up broke my heart. I will never again scoff at my DH at WDW.:blush:
Oh yes, I saw that one too. I'll take the advice not to scoff at DBF at WDW. Ya never know where there will be something cool that just might make your vacation.

IloveDisney71
07-22-2007, 01:08 AM
My one regreat was not standing in line for the Crush Turtle Talk attraction. The line was just horrible, but then I was watching the Travel Channel and they showed a clip of it and it looked really neat. I will be back at Disney in Dec., so guess what I'm going to do first at Epcot?:dory::nemo:

DisneyEpcotDad
07-22-2007, 09:59 AM
As others have said I regret having to leave! At times I regret not having gone back to see Illuminations at Epcot when I had an opportunity to do so. Beyond that I try to make every visit a dream come true!

Dedivah
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
My regreat was that we didn't take it slow.

Last year we had a Grand Gathering of 15 people for 7 nights and we tried to get everything so fast. We were pooped everynight. We made some ADRs not all. There were things we did not see.

But all the reason to return, right!! :thumbsup:

We are heading out in 11 days, just DH and I this time. We plan to take naps before our evening ADRs then head out to EMH and PI for the evening.

dog-ears
07-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Quite frankly my biggest mistake was being there at the 2000 millenium celebration and not truly enjoying it for everything that it was. Back then I wasn't such a Disney freak *gasp* so I was excited to be there, but not as into it as I would have been now. We did enjoy the Tapestry of Nations parade only after my father nagged us to death about it (thanks dad :D ). We also had a quick tour through the Millenium village which I now realize how great spending more time there would have been. Oh well, you live and learn, and there is always more Disney magic on the horizon! :cloud9:

Ironically, my regret is that I was not able to go to the year 2000 millenium celebration - my in-laws had booked everything and then my work told me I had to be at work that night to "avert the crisis". Of course there was no crisis - grrrrrr, I still feel a tad bitter about this!

grumpycajun
07-25-2007, 06:01 PM
YES!!! We got back a few weeks ago and the one thing I didn't get was a dole whip. Every single time we were at MK I was already stuffed. I don't know why it just worked out that way. To add insult to injury I spied a dole whip machine at the Poly - right after dinner at O'hana. Like anyone is going to have room for anything after THAT feast.

droopy d.
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
DW and I always regret not having enough time at Disney. We always regret not getting to the parks early enough. The last time we were at Disney we had the DDP and I picked a lot of buffets and not sit down meals and I really regret that! The last thing I regret is not going to Disney this year because DW, DS, DD all want to go to Universal (how sad).

LauraleeH
07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't ride Space Mountain until I was 18 because my mom said it went upside down constantly and almost killed her as a child. She was terrified of it but I made her go with me.

We always get to MK and go straight to the rides, saying we'll get my fudge and my mom's caramel corn on the way out. They're always closed by the time we leave.

I always regret not getting a certain pin or purse or something to bring home.

And I never take enough pictures! :(

Next 3 trips are going to be the best! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Yikes! What a thing to miss!

I completely regret that we have yet to see Spectromagic. In 2005 I had no clue on times and such. We kind of ran into it our first night and it was terribly crowded. We decided to leave thinking we could see it again during the trip, nope!! Last trip there was only one night they had it and it didn't workout with ADRs and things! We will NOT miss it in March!!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-25-2007, 08:48 PM

:high5:

Magic Smiles
07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
My regret was in 2006 and not buying the Happiest Celebration on Earth mouse pad. I had already bought a Figment one earlier in the trip. I thought about this Happiest Celebration on Earth mouse pad constantly. I even emailed Disney, but living in Canada with the cost of the mouse pad and shipping it would have been $30 US. Too much to justify, but I did not give up. During Dec 06 I was lucky enough to be the winner bidder on a Happiest Celebration on Earth mouse pad on EBay. I now have in my possession the mouse pad and it ended up costing me less than $10 US. :thumbsup:
I am sure I have had other regrets about Disney, but I still think out this one. From now on if I see something that I like in WDW, I am getting it!:mickey:

snowflakegirl
07-30-2007, 12:44 AM
The last time we went it was with a group ... group travel being what it is, and with our desire to stay as a group, we ended up somehow missing out on Norway and Mexico... Rio del Tiempo is one of my favorite rides. I definitely regretted leaving not having seen it ... and now it'll be different the next time I go.

divinedi
07-31-2007, 09:03 PM
I regret not enjoying myself enough on my last solo trip:(. I did a solo trip once before and thoroughly enjoyed it. For some reason this time I was having trouble getting into being alone (I'm always looking for time to myself at home, 3 teenage girls at home and full time job, never any time to myself!). By the time I got over myself and started to enjoy, it was almost time to go home:thedolls: I will certainly not have that problem again!

And like others have said, I ALWAYS regret having to go home!

Red Randal
08-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I always regret something. It's good...gives me a reason to go back! :mickey: