PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Les Chef ADR?

Crow
07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
thinking of cancelling Les Chef ADR in Sept (free dining) i already have Marrakesh,Teppan Edo (Teppanyaki), CA Grillk, Artist Pt & Ohana booked. and i tried for Coral Reef but wasnt available at the time.
of the following which would you suggest:
keep Les Chefs ADR
try again for Coral
book Spoodles
Boma (bad memories of ex)
Jiko (2 credits bad memories of ex)
Yachtsman (2 credits never ate there)
Sci Fi
Wolfgang
San Angel
Raglan Rd

ElenitaB
07-15-2007, 11:50 PM
You don't mention if you're going for lunch or dinner. That would influence my decision... but since you do mention Free Dining, I'm guessing dinner.

I really was intrigued by the menu/atmosphere at Spoodles (but I've yet to eat anything but breakfast there yet) and it's really just a hop, skip and a quick boat ride from Chefs de France. Another check on the plus side for Spoodles is that the Boardwalk is really fun at night.

Natazu
07-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe, no contest. It's one of the best at Disney. Les Chefs is, um, other.

Crow
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
wish i saw recent menu for Wolfgang. i am tempted to go again. or to try Raglan.
so is Wolfgang better than CA Grill to u?

PetefromRI
07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
We think that Les Chefs:number1: is the best Restaurant in Disney.The entrees are awesome and the desserts are deadly.Try it at least once.The Coral was just O.K.,not bad but not great.

Natazu
07-17-2007, 02:48 AM
wish i saw recent menu for Wolfgang. i am tempted to go again. or to try Raglan.
so is Wolfgang better than CA Grill to u?
No, not better than CG, sorry Puck.

Epc0tphr34k
07-17-2007, 07:29 AM
When we went to Les Chefs last october i thought it was one of the better dining experiences i have had. tho i have not been to woflgang pucks so i can not compare the 2

mickeys_princess_mom
07-17-2007, 09:07 AM
I'd keep it! :mickey:

auntfrannie
07-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Crow, why are you thinking of cancelling Les Chefs?

Crow
07-17-2007, 10:37 PM
last time i went few trips ago, it was only soso.
there was a previous time i had a good meal there.
but i am thinking of trying other places, and i eat mostly in Epcot.
some of the other places i have on the list i havent tried, or its been awhile.
ive never tried SPoodles, Yachtsman or Raglan.
once in 80s at Coral. once while ago at SciFi.

Epc0tphr34k
07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
last time i went few trips ago, it was only soso.
there was a previous time i had a good meal there.
but i am thinking of trying other places, and i eat mostly in Epcot.
some of the other places i have on the list i havent tried, or its been awhile.
ive never tried SPoodles, Yachtsman or Raglan.
once in 80s at Coral. once while ago at SciFi.

i change my vote. i would go yachtsman's if you are willing to give up the 2 TS for it

Bruegge
07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd go to the Weiner cart and spend the rest of the money on beer around the world before I'd eat at chefs again.

But I'm not bitter (sarcasm intended)

Scott

Crow
07-21-2007, 06:38 PM
I guess you had a bad experience? what happened?

snifflesmcg
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I know you shouldn't go with anything that gives you bad memories of your ex. Keep it, why not.

Bruegge
07-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I guess you had a bad experience? what happened?

here is my review right after I got back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't remember me I was the guy who wanted to go to the bistro upstairs but was told no kids menu and that the place.. well...didn't cater to kids...

We tried Chefs instead... Loud, Crowded.

Tuna was served medium well to well, I'm used to tuna (advertised as Rare) to be somewhat like the asian type seared outside, red and cool in the center almost like a sushi.

The tuna was good, it tasted like it was cooked or held in a broth... again not the presentation I'd expected.

Onion soup was great, Bisque was good also.

Sevice was good and attentive but I got a glass of wine (chard) with my soup and a different chard (pouilly Fussie) with the tuna.

The first glass was correct (I guess ..never had it before) and it was good.

I tasted my wife's Poulliy Fusse (reccommended with the bisque) and liked it a little better so I ordered a glass of it with my Tuna

He brought a sweet resling or dessert wine by mistake, I told the waiter that I didn't think this was Poully and he said ..Yes it is. I said no ... it's not try it if you want.

Instead of just saying OK and bringing the right one he asked if I like sweet or dry.. I said I just want the pouilly ..

(Now I would have just gone and got the bottle and poured it in front of me to "make the stupid american happy" )

he again asked if I liked the first glass hinting that he is going to bring what I like not what I ordered. ..... He brought back what I believe was the correct glass and life went on.

We both got the cream brulee but my wife's wasn't hit with the torch. It was runny with on top. Mine was fine.

Guess they missed one in the assembly line.

DW had the Steak, potato gratin and green beans. While good, nothing to brag about (according to her)

2 adults 2 kids, $220.00 drinks , apps, entrees, desserts, coffee and cordials.

Never again.

Narcoosee's was the stand out even (never thought I'd say this) over the California grill.

Scott

Crow
07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
im really leaning towards cancelling..
wow Narcosees better than CA Grill? just tried CG for the first time in May n loved it. never tried anyplace at GF

johnsouthjersey
07-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Since you like to eat at Epcot, have you given any thought to dinner at Le Cellier? We recently returned from WDW, and DW enjoyed her Filet Mignon there even more than the one she had at California Grill, which you could literally cut with a butter knife. We all (including DD, 11, and DS, 8) were pleasantly surprised with Le Cellier, it is already on our family's "must" ADR list for next year.

Horizon93
07-21-2007, 11:52 PM
A second vote for Le Cellier. Jiko is also tremendous.

Crow
07-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Since you like to eat at Epcot, have you given any thought to dinner at Le Cellier? We recently returned from WDW, and DW enjoyed her Filet Mignon there even more than the one she had at California Grill, which you could literally cut with a butter knife. We all (including DD, 11, and DS, 8) were pleasantly surprised with Le Cellier, it is already on our family's "must" ADR list for next year.
yes, Ive eaten at LC most trips inc my May one.
its good, just small and harder to get into. also wanted to try diff places that i havent, or that its been awhile. ive covered most places in Epcot WS...

Bruegge
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
im really leaning towards cancelling..
wow Narcosees better than CA Grill? just tried CG for the first time in May n loved it. never tried anyplace at GF

JJJust by a hair. the fireworks view was an obvious bet towards CG but food quality and presention.. not to mention I'm a surf and turf kinda guy... I really like Narcoosees

Untill now my pick would have been CG.

We went out on the patio with drinks afterward and watched the
Water pagent parade thingy... very relaxed and laid back compared to all the other "disney" must see's, gotta do's, get there early to find a spot kinda thing.... Ya know what I mean....

I realize there are a lot intangibles to consider when picking your favorite dinner spot. Food and service are the two biggies... Price is near the middle.. "It's vacation for the love of Pete"

But for memorable meals (if you can live without the killer fireworks view, Yes it's the best) Try Narcoosee's...

This trip, Narcoosee's was my favorite... next trip ..who knows...

The one thing I know..It won't be Chef's...LOL

Scott