PDA

View Full Version : Croc Flip Flops in Parks???

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Just bought a pair of the Croc Flip Flops today - has anyone worn them for any length of time in any of the parks? We're not going til September, but I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who've already worn them in the parks.

Thanks........:mickey:

Ms.Disney
07-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a pair of the Disney beach crocs that I have worn many times to the parks and they were great. I just bought a pair of the athens flip flops and have not worn them to Disney yet (I plan on it in Sept)but I do ware them aroung the house and to the store they seem to be just fine. I really love crocs every pair I have had were supper comfortable. :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
How about the Crocs Cleos? I just got a pair of those today and i was wondering how they would be in the parks.

kakn7294
07-15-2007, 08:50 PM
I have the Crocs Capri style flip-flop and wore those around 2 local amusement parks all day recently. They were great! I plan to wear them to Disney in August. I didn't like the Cleo style on me and the Athens style hurt between my toes. I love my Disney Crocs too but I think they might be too hot for August - I only were flip-flops in summer (even to church!).

Catwillow
07-15-2007, 10:12 PM
My best friend bought me a pair of the disney crocs when we were there the beginning of June. I put them on and never took them off. The only issue I had was a slight rub on the top of my arch (on the top of my foot) from having a 'thick' foot. A bandaid took care of that and I was good to go. Best --- most comfortable shoe I have ever worn in the park. I just had both knees replaced 2 years ago and this was the first time I didn't experience leg/foot discomfort or swelling.

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Last summer my DD8 wore Croc Flip Flops during our entire 10 day trip without a complaint, and continues to wear them everywhere. I am jealous and have been wanting a pair for our upcoming trip. Especially because I know it will rain a bit each day.

Lorraine444
07-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I just bought 2 pair for myself today hoping they will work for my Disney trip in August...
One pair of flip flops, and 1 pair of sandals - the ones with 2 straps on top of the feet.
I'll let you know how they do.

little disney lovers
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Nobody seems to know much about the Crocs Prima, I personally think they are the nicest looking ones.
But are they comfortable?:confused:

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
It seems like these are a sure bet, have been tossing purchasing some for Sept., but up to now could not decide.

Magic Smiles
07-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Just looked at the Crocs homepage. My there are so many different styles now. How does one choose, or do they just buy many different styles? Are they all as comfortable as the original style?

pixiesmimi
07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
One of my friends that works in a store that sells Crocs said she wore her Croc flip flops walking around all day at the beach (long walks) and said they hurt her feet and left a blister between the toes so I'm afraid they would do that at the parks. My DD wore the sandals with the two straps across the top of the foot in June the whole time and said they were the most comfortable shoes she had worn to Disney. I'm always afraid to wear flip flops, afraid I will get blisters between the toes, but I wore Dr. Scholl's flip flops in June and they were very, very comfortable with no blisters. Besides my Disney Crocs, these will be my shoes of choice in August.

tealady
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I bought Disney crocks (with mickey mouse holes) yesterday and they were %50 off! ($18 Canadian for the kids and $21 for the adult pairs!

:blush:

DisneyFreak23
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I bought Disney crocks (with mickey mouse holes) yesterday and they were %50 off! ($18 Canadian for the kids and $21 for the adult pairs!

:blush:

where!?

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi I am also looking to buy a pair of croc sandals and am looking for an oponion. Would you choose the Athens, Capri, or the Ithaca. I don't want the full crocs style I have a knock off and my foot sweats way too much without socks on.
Kris

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
poohbearkris, i actually would go with the cleo, which s the style i own.

MommyDisneyFanatic
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by tealady

WHERE????

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 11:40 AM
poohbearkris, i actually would go with the cleo, which s the style i own.

I will have to try thoseon, they concerned me because I have a high instep and have a hard time with shoes that go across that area but i will try them on. Thanks:pooh::pooh:

pixiesmimi
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The sandals I was talking about that my DD had at WDW were either the cleo or patra but I believe they were the patra. They are almost identical but she says these are the most comfortable sandal that she has walked this much in.

mcjaco
07-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow. Another croc thread.

DisneyFreak23
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow. Another croc thread.

yep, and if it werent for the crocs threads, i currently wouldnt own any. This site has probably contributed to the crocs company by all the promoting we do.:secret:

JohnnyJayhawk
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
DW wore some on our last trip and loved them.

cherbie66
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Does anyone have the Maryjane crocs? I think they are cute, but have never worn crocs. I tend to have problems with lots of sandles and shoes because I need shoes with a high arch. I'm finding it hard to believe that I can walk so much in these shoes without my feet hurting. It would be great though, especially on water rides!

xipetotec
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Does anyone have the Maryjane crocs? I think they are cute, but have never worn crocs. I tend to have problems with lots of sandles and shoes because I need shoes with a high arch. I'm finding it hard to believe that I can walk so much in these shoes without my feet hurting. It would be great though, especially on water rides!

DW bought a pair last weekend. she was on the "Crocs are so ulgy" bandwagon, but hasn't taken them off since because she finds them that comfortable.

jszczur5
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
The title says it all. I can't believe that this is at least the fourth thread in the last month regarding crocs. I don't get it.
Not that anyone cares, but here's what my family wear re-footwear.
Hubby and youngest son - socks and sneakers
Oldest son - Walmart sandals - no socks
Me - gold metallic thong sandals.

poeticeclipse
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Wore these and practically nothing else in the parks for 8 days. Feet felt great compared to when I used to wear tennis shoes.

Eeyore's My Favorite
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Wore these and practically nothing else in the parks for 8 days. Feet felt great compared to when I used to wear tennis shoes.

Thanks for all the posts :thumbsup: I started wearing my flip flops today while setting up for a craft show - definitely want them broken in before the fall trip. Now I can cut down on the shoes I pack.......LOL.....:marg:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
:mickey: I am a big guy...no seriously I likes my food and I am a big guy...finding shoes to help support my stature can be difficult...I have to give the CROCS, I bought at WDW, a :thumbsup:

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

poohbearkris
07-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I wear Birkenstocks at work for 12 hr days and my feet never hurt, but do not think they are very stylish, where at least the croc sandals aren't bad. Has antbody out there worn both and if so which do you prefer?

CuteAsMinnie
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
I love my crocs (actually my daughters :secret:) but what I don't get is doesnt the rubber irritate hot sweaty feet in the dead of summer in Florida??? I would think the flip flops would be worse. IDK .... but I am wondering....:confused:

pixiesmimi
07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
No, they don't make your feet sweat. The little knobby bumps in them massage your feet and keep them cool by letting the air circulate. I wear mine to the beach, out to work in the yard, everywhere you would think your feet would get hot and they don't. I wore them to WDW and thought the same thing you did and was very surprised.

martinfamily5
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
If it were not for seeing them at Disney a couple of years ago, our whole family would not own them. We are Croc snobs. We will not get the knock offs, just the real thing.

DH has a question, are people wearing them with or without socks? He has sock tan lines.

Mnchknbrat1982
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a pair of the croc beach style..........now I've worn these very few times because they make my feet sweat so bad. I have to have socks with them. In June I bought a pair of the croc ithaca flip flops...........I absolutely love these! I wear them everywhere! I just ordered a 2nd pair for the trip. I had looked at the athens flip flops but I do not like how the toe piece splits the flip flop where it does not on the ithaca. Now just waiting for my flip flops to arrive......couldn't find them in town anymore........too late in the season.

kakn7294
08-28-2007, 11:29 PM
If it were not for seeing them at Disney a couple of years ago, our whole family would not own them. We are Croc snobs. We will not get the knock offs, just the real thing.

DH has a question, are people wearing them with or without socks? He has sock tan lines.
I prefer the real thing too. For the flip-flops, obviously I wear them without socks but for the regular or Disney styles, I prefer them with low-cut socks. They're less sweaty with socks.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 12:32 AM
We just got back from WDW tonight. I wore my Crocs without socks and they did fine. My feet did not sweat. I saw a lot of people wearing them and some wore with socks and some without, so I guess it is up to your own personal choice. I did see a lot of men without socks. If it were my DH, he would be wearing socks but I just don't think they look as good with. But it isn't how they look (everyone knows they are ugly:) ), it is how they feel that is important.

DisneyAddict62
09-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I wear my beach styles (white Mickey and brown) to work, as I am on my feet 10-12 hours. We have a restaurant so I have to wear low cut socks with them. I have the cleo sandles that I wore to the beach this summer walking the boardwalk every night. No problems at all, I love them all! :cloud9:

When we were at the mall school shoppping, I saw the new Mammoth with the fuzzy stuff inside! Has anyone seen those yet! I'll be getting me some of those for winter! :D

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 12:35 PM
The title says it all. I can't believe that this is at least the fourth thread in the last month regarding crocs. I don't get it.

I think it's really important for those of us who have problems with our feet, especially if we are going to be doing a lot of walking, be in and out of watery areas, etc. For those of you who don't, consider yourself very lucky!

All you need is to experience a nasty blister on your first day of a WDW vacation to understand how important the right footwear is.

I think because Crocs offers so many different styles, and they're relatively expensive, people who care just want to get others' opinions before making the investment.

And getting others' opinions before deciding is what this wonderful discussion forum is all about!!

MickeyMousse
09-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I've read so much about crocs, I am thinking of grabbing a pair for our November visit. But, I have a few questions for you that are "croc experts"....
1-Is there a real difference between the real/original crocs and the copy cats ones? (say by Skechers or the ones in Target??)

2-Can you be comfortable without socks? (sweat/blisters a problem??)

3-What is it about them that make them so comfortable?? (they look like rubber shoes!)

Thanks!

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Now, I wear my closed Crocs at work, and I'm wearing them over 12 hours nonstop. As comfortable as they are, wearing tennis shoes at Disney is a break for my feet.

I will attempt to wear a pair of Crocs, but they make my feet sweat.

We'll just see. I'll try to wear them to the mall one day, but I prefer tennis shoes at the parks.

pixiesmimi
09-04-2007, 12:37 AM
I've read so much about crocs, I am thinking of grabbing a pair for our November visit. But, I have a few questions for you that are "croc experts"....
1-Is there a real difference between the real/original crocs and the copy cats ones? (say by Skechers or the ones in Target??)

3-What is it about them that make them so comfortable?? (they look like rubber shoes!)

Thanks!

I don't know about the difference in the real and knock-off crocs but I like my crocs (except they make my feet look so big) :)

Yes, I wear mine without socks all the time and no blisters or sweat. I wore them last week at the parks and did fine.

I'm not sure what makes them comfortable, I had the same question before I bought mine. I think it is that they don't touch your foot much and there is no constriction on the top of your foot. They have the bumps in the bottom that are supposed to massage your feet, I think and the air circulates through them. When they get wet, the water just runs off and they dry fast. My feet do not slide around in them. I go barefoot all the time (yes, I am from Arkansas) :) so they almost feel like I'm barefoot when I wear them. I have often wondered if I could walk through the parks all day barefoot (except for the hot concrete) and be just as comfortable as wearing shoes. ;) Anyone else ever thought about this?:)

Fantasmic
09-04-2007, 06:41 AM
My DBF bought me a pair of Cayman's for my birthday, and I am actually looking foward to all the walking in the park as the crocs are so comfy.

Should be good for my dodgy back! :cloud9:

Here we go again...
09-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Thanks!
These questions really depend on the person.
1. yes, a big difference. Some people are fine with the knock offs... the nubs in the bottoms of the knock off hurt my feet. They are not as soft as real crocs.
2. I normally do not have a problem with my feet sweating, but they do in my crocs. They rub my feet and I get a blister. My DD and DH do not have this problem. I am going to try the flip flops next.
3. they do mold to your feet so it is almost like walking on air. Hard to explain... you will have to try some.

kakn7294
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I agree with Angel - there is a difference in the "real" Crocs and the knock-offs. The best knock-offs seem to be the Airwalks (I think that's the name) at Payless. I've heard the Sketchers ones are terrible - not only do they feel hard and uncomfortable, they tear easily. I can wear mine without socks with no problem but DD 12 needs socks or she gets blisters - but this child gets blisters no matter what she wears so I really can't blame the Crocs specifically. I found that "toe socks" - the kind that fit only about 1/2 way down your foot from the toes to the arch - are a great way for me to wear socks that aren't seen with my Crocs.

Mommy2boys
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I have a pair of capri crocs and I just love them. I wore them in Vegas and NYC with no issues at all. I have now got DH on tha bandwagon and will be purchasing a pair for him to take to disney

BriarRose0708
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I have the Cleo style crocs and plan on wearing them in October. Last time I was in MK I wore Payless sneakers with no support in them and my feet were bone tired by the night's end! I'll be either wearing my crocs or good walking sneakers from now on!

Disneymadmummyuk
09-04-2007, 05:42 PM
We bought some crocs last September when we visited Disney as my trainers hurt my feet after a long day of walking.
They are ever so comfy and will keep your feet nice and cool with all the long walks.
I have bought myself,my partner and 3 of our children some for our Christmas trip :mickey:

Crystal Palace
09-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I love Crocs! For my trip this month I'm taking a Beach and a Mary Jane pair. I have a feeling they will work out great.

One word of caution...don't ever buy the ballet flats! I got the worst blisters of my life wearing those for just one day.