PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Download at Magic Kingdom

mousaholic
07-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Has anybody done the Nintendo DS download for POTC at the Magic Kingdom? My son will be getting his DS as a birthday gift while we are at WDW - he will also get the POTC game, will the downloads work if he hasn't gotten to a certain level?

Does WDW have any official information on this event?

Any information at all would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Hee hee. I was just wondering the same thing. Similarly, our DD8 will turn 9 this August and we are giving her the Nintendo DS as well. We are a step behind you because we haven't picked up the POTC game yet.

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
:confused:I thought this download was only available during the Pirates & Princess parties??:confused:

Magic Smiles
07-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Copied from the May 21 announcement "The gaming stations will be marked with a Pirates "X" at different areas through Labor Day at both parks."

mousaholic
07-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Do you really need to be at level one? Is this difficult? Is there a map that shows where these X marks are?

disneygirlie11
07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
My brother just did this last month. He said the stations to download are hard to find so just ask the nearest CM for help and they will guide you to the X's. The downloads give you extra stuff, such as different clothes or weapons or things like that.

pixiesmimi
07-16-2007, 12:14 PM
My DGS16 will be getting one for his birthday this week. I told him that if he gets one, I will take it with me in August on our trip and download the things for him. I have read about this but since I don't play games, could someone give me some clues about this and what to do? I read that it is only on the PoC, is this correct? Also, they said there will be one download station in the waiting line. Any clue where? On our last visit in June, they were repainting/refurbishing the columns in the waiting line and I wondered if it would be on one of these. Does it take long to do this and would it be holding up the line for us to stop to do this? I want to do this for him for his birthday.

mousaholic
07-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info...keep it coming!

jkj1224
07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
there are 3 X's at the POC, you have to be at a certain point in the game to download the info, but the cast members there have directions to how it all works if you can't figure it out for yourself....you need only ask. :D

pixiesmimi
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
How do you find out how far you have to be in the game to download from the three Xs?

Darbylew
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
When we were there in May my granddaughter
downloaded at the X's at POTC. A cast member
helps us find the X's. We were told to buy the
new POTC game before we went to the MK. I
don't think my granddaughter was far along in
the game and she was able to download.