PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining?

AlyceMarie03
07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm still new to WDW and Intercot and I'm curious just to learn more about the Character Dining. A lot of the places that we have picked for our ADR's have Character Dining.

Do the Characters come at a certain times? I'm dying to have a picture taken with Mickey or Minnie, Lol:0)

Any comments Apprciated!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-15-2007, 07:02 PM
The charachters make their way around the restaurant and stop and every table. And when they are at your table the interact only with the people in your group.

The biggest thing is if you are at a buffet to coordinate your trips to get food and not miss the charachters.

We loved the charachter interaction and they are so great with the kids. In our 16 people party half were kids and all but one were under the age of 3. They were so great with them and they even stopped and teased the adults.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, it depends on what TS you have picked out. Each restaurant has an assigned bunch of characters. Example, Crystal Palace has Winnie the Pooh characters (Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet). If you are specifically looking for Mickey, there are a few places, Chef Mickey's comes to mind (good luck getting in though, lol) and Garden Grill in Epcot has Mickey and Chip & Dale or Liberty Tree has Minnie and Goofy. Some of the characters pose in the lobby for pics while others come around to your table and pose with you there. They vary as far as type of meal as well. They could be buffet, family style, sit down or pre-plated. Let us know what you chose and we can all tell you everything about it.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Most places have characters that circulate throughout the restaurant, sometimes switching on and off with others. It is fun even for adults! Our past trip to WDW in Oct., was a riot at LTT, Chip & Dale were chair surfing across the restaurant and minnie was scolding them!!

Chip even came and helped my daughter cut her birthday cake...then ran away with a piece!!

AlyceMarie03
07-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Most places have characters that circulate throughout the restaurant, sometimes switching on and off with others. It is fun even for adults! Our past trip to WDW in Oct., was a riot at LTT, Chip & Dale were chair surfing across the restaurant and minnie was scolding them!!

Chip even came and helped my daughter cut her birthday cake...then ran away with a piece!!

That sounds so Adorable!

Well, it depends on what TS you have picked out. Each restaurant has an assigned bunch of characters. Example, Crystal Palace has Winnie the Pooh characters (Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet). If you are specifically looking for Mickey, there are a few places, Chef Mickey's comes to mind (good luck getting in though, lol) and Garden Grill in Epcot has Mickey and Chip & Dale or Liberty Tree has Minnie and Goofy. Some of the characters pose in the lobby for pics while others come around to your table and pose with you there. They vary as far as type of meal as well. They could be buffet, family style, sit down or pre-plated. Let us know what you chose and we can all tell you everything about it.

We were actually planning on Going to Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace to be exact. Now that you've just mentioned that Minnie could possibly be at Liberty Tree we might have to squeeze that in.:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
You can also go to Mickey's house and have a picture taken with him there.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM
We were actually planning on Going to Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace to be exact. Now that you've just mentioned that Minnie could possibly be at Liberty Tree we might have to squeeze that in.:blush:

Looks like I picked the right places to mention.

AlyceMarie03
07-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Looks like I picked the right places to mention.

Yes you did and Thank you!:mickey:

GreenBeetle
07-15-2007, 07:56 PM
I think Character Dining is the best thing since sliced bread! :mickey: No waiting in long lines to see your favorite character - they come right to your table for photos and autographs.

We've seen Mickey and Minnie many times at Chef Mickey's (breakfast) and Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner). They are two of our favorites.

PrincessKaitsMom
07-15-2007, 08:44 PM
We loved our character dining when we went in November. It is a much easier opportunity to get pictures and autographs. We loved the Crystal Palace. We also had dinner at Akershus and my daughter loved all the princesses. They were all great to and well suited to their characters. The food there was different from other things we had eaten before. We've decided to go there for breakfast when we go back this November. Also, dinner at the Grand Floridian is great, with Cinderella.

IloveDisney71
07-22-2007, 12:54 AM
If you are at a buffet like Chef Mickey's or The Crystal Palace, make sure you notice where the characters are, so you don't miss them when you go to the buffet area. Our waitress at CP actually came by and told us how the characters rotated through the CP so we wouldn't miss our turn. When in doubt ask your server, they are more than willing to help! :thumbsup:

krorx
07-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Character dining is the way to go. good food and characters galore. The ones we have been to (CP, CM, LTT and of the Cinderella's castle) have been wonderful. There is plenty of opportunity for autographs and pictures. You'll be able to watch and see them rotate from table to table so if you're at a buffet, you can time it perfectly. :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
That sounds so Adorable!

We saw Minne at CM's for dinner in January (along with Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Pluto).

tarjaybuff
07-22-2007, 10:44 PM
We used to do Chef Mickey for breakfast, but found Donalds breakfastasoraus at AK to be better. Don't get me wrong they are all great, but one takes the cake every trip.

Garden Grill at Epcot offers a family style character buffet. The food is 5 star, and the characters are real interactive. They ony charge $18.99 for lunch so it is a great deal. Garden Grill is in the Land pavilion.:thumbsup:

mickey-mouse35
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I would love to get a picture with BOTH Mickey and Minnie together. Is Chef Mickey's the only place to do this? What are they wearing (chef hat and apron or traditional red shorts/red polka dot dress?)

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't remember what Mickey was wearing at Chef Mickey's but think it was a Chef Hat, etc., hince the name "Chef Mickey's". :mickey: I don't think we saw Minnie there. We loved O'Hana's though for breakfast and got to see Mickey, Lilo and Stitch, and Pluto. The food was the best!