PDA

View Full Version : Character Autographs

GreenBeetle
07-15-2007, 06:54 PM
I read on another website (not as great as Intercot, of course ;)) that some families drop off a pillow case and some colored Sharpies with Guest Services when they arrive on the ship. All characters aboard sign it and you pick it up the last night of your cruise.

What a great idea!! Has anyone here done this? Or come up with another brilliant idea?

TammiMcMan
07-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Actually we have that tip on the pre-cruise planning thread right at the top of this page. I've heard of pillowcases, t-shirts and placemats (laminated afterwards) being autographed.

ElenitaB
07-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I bought a nice frame with a large mat (the picture is only a 4x6 or 5x7 but the frame is at least 8x10, if not bigger) at Target and turned in the mat to have it signed by the characters. It now sports a DCL sticker from the scrapbook pack they sell onboard and is a really nice souvenir. The one thing I didn't do (and should have) was markoff somehow the area that would be covered by the frame itself.

I dropped it off with a full array of mini, multi-colored Sharpies and a bag of Hershey's Kisses. The CMs were quite sweet and even asked if there were any characters we particularly wanted and those we didn't (no princesses for my DS-11 :-> ).

GreenBeetle
07-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Actually we have that tip on the pre-cruise planning thread right at the top of this page. I've heard of pillowcases, t-shirts and placemats (laminated afterwards) being autographed.

It's been so long since I've read the pre-cruise planning thread, I forgot some of those great tips! Thank you all!! :D

I especially like the idea of sharing some Hershey kisses with the CMs who help out with autographs . . . after all, it's one of the things we are known for here in Pennsylvania!! ;)