PDA

View Full Version : Mini DisneyWorld.com Rant

Red Randal
07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
So, I'm trying to quote a trip on DisneyWorld.com and every time I select Wilderness Lodge they quote Pop Century instead. Not that I don't appreciate their website trying to save me some money but you'd think a company like Disney would want to take my extra money.

And while I'm ranting, does anyone else hate the overly flashy Disney website. I want to quote a trip, I don't need to watch 17 flash movies at once. :-o

LoriMistress
07-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Did you report this error to the WDW website? Have you tried calling Disney directly to getting a quote from them?

Lacy
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
That is very annoying. I find the official website very difficult to use. I rarely ever visit the site for the same reasons you've mentioned. It isn't simple to find the information you want and it is too flashy. There are too many nice videos with very little actual content.

Its Intercot and Magical Journeys for me! :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't use the official site for much myself. If I want to get a ballpark figure and availability for a trip I'm considering I sometimes give it a try. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I get all my info from Intercot and I use Magical Journeys to book all my Disney trips.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 07:29 PM
I've always had the opposite problem. I hit Value and it comes up with a moderate. Also, I can't tell you how many times I had to click OFF the preferred room option along with the hopper and water parks option. If I wanted them, I'd add it!

DisneyDudet
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Sometimes, they will do that because the resort you have chosen is sold out of online booking rooms.

Polynesian Dweller
07-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Sometimes, they will do that because the resort you have chosen is sold out of online booking rooms.

:exactly: I have seen that occur when the room level I want is sold out. They then automatically show you their 'alternate' offer. You have to look carefully to see that's what they've done. They could make that more obvious with something like 'Sorry, no rooms meeting your specifications may we suggest..." then folks wouldn't be confused.

Don't hate the flashy site. Gives me a little feel of the Disney experience I'm after. Besides, it would feel odder if an entertainment company didn't have a flashy site trying to entertain you. :mickey:

JPL
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds likes the availabilty default. When trying to book for Mousefest last December I was getting the samething only it was a Jr. suite at Coronado Springs. I would suggest using Magical Journeys they got me the room I wanted when that happened and you would also be supporting Intercot in the process:mickey:

Dakota Rose
07-15-2007, 11:21 PM
I used to love the site, but then I noticed how glitchy it had become. The day planner thing often makes me pull my hair out and recently, I can only get it to quote on trip dates 3 days from the current date. It doesn't matter whether I put August, January, November or February in, it still pulls up July. So I emailed and on one of my visits, the site asked me to take part in a survey. I thought to myself, "Oh boy are you asking for it!" Incidentally that was more than 2 weeks ago and the stupid thing is still doing that to me.

rnin02
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I find the site so confusing, and all the videos drive me crazy. I see where they want to show you as much stuff as possible (about Disney World that is) but can they make it just a little easier to find information? I try to just stick with Intercot...its by far the easiest website to navigate, and the best message board...some of them are so cluttered and the forums make no sense to me.

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 02:01 AM

I would assume that if I was trying to book, say, Christmas. But I was quoting a week in October when I know nobody is going.

Also, BTW, to whoever mentioned them adding options, they ALWAYS do that to me. I get preferred rooms constantly and have to change off it (and wait forever for the page to load because it needs to load 3 GB of pictures at the same time.)

DisneyDudet
07-16-2007, 03:50 AM
I would assume that if I was trying to book, say, Christmas. But I was quoting a week in October when I know nobody is going.

Also, BTW, to whoever mentioned them adding options, they ALWAYS do that to me. I get preferred rooms constantly and have to change off it (and wait forever for the page to load because it needs to load 3 GB of pictures at the same time.)

October is a starting to become a crowded time. You'd be surprised.

Either way, they only allow a certain number of rooms to be booked online. It could be the number of rooms chosen for your start date and the resort and room type you want are sold out for online booking.

You might have better luck calling and seeing of there's anything available that way.

Or let Magical Journeys handle it all!

kakn7294
07-16-2007, 04:37 AM
WL is wildly popular and tends to book FAST! I tried to book last Jan '06 for early Dec '06 and all that was available was the suites and concierge levels. All standard rooms at all levels were booked. I even called to verify that. It could be a case of it is booked, even in a less busy season. Occasionally the official Disney World site drives me crazy, but most of the time I don't have any problems with it.

Red Randal
07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Just because snifflesmcg mentioned it before, I felt the need to chime back in today that I tried quoting again and it automatically put me on concierge level. Looking at a ridiculous "-$389" or whatever it was next to "woods view" was even more hilarious than the usual "-$15" that I see when quoting the Pop, haha.