PDA

View Full Version : WHAT do you do your "FIRST NIGHT" after arriving for your Disney Fix?

steamboat willy
07-15-2007, 05:26 PM
:beer: Besides that!
OK, I know some of you arrive early, live close by and even still work @ the mouse, BUT for those of us that Drive and Fly into Orlando after all the request "ARE WE THERE YET?"
WHAT DO YOU DO on your first evening after checking into your DISNEY RESORT?

Driving :car:from NC, we usually arrive after noon. We grab a quick bit, check into ASM (Bags are now all in the room)
We go relax by the guitar pool and have another :beer:
We sometimes go to Rain Forest Cafe' for a nice meal and then head over to the Magic Kingdom, we get on the Resort Monorail and make a few laps around the KINGDOM. That way we know we are there! :balloon:We get off at the CR and go to the 14 floor and go outside and catch the evening show of "WISHES" from one of the best view in the MK.:pixie:
We're then back to ASM and take an evening stroll through all the themed room buildings, listening to all the music and enjoying all the lights, and window decoratings.
A late night dip and then we're off for restful sleep before we awake for OUR first day at DISNEY.:mickey::mickey:
So....What do you do?
See you Sept 29 - Oct 6, 2007

luvdiznee
07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
We are ones who like to go and have a good TS meal, since we usually are up so early on arrival day and starving by this time. Then we like to go to one of the many nightly shows to choose from. And of course that is after having relaxed and explored our resort :mickey:Ughhhhh I wish I was there NOW! Sorry about that. Now I'm OK. :blush:

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I just drop my bags and head to the park.

sassafras
07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
My DH doesn't believe it's an "Official" Disney visit unless we eat at Cape May the first night. Then, if I get my way (and we're not too bushed from traveling), we're off to the Magic Kingdom for a parade and fireworks!!!:fworks::fworks:

Momof2boys
07-15-2007, 06:15 PM
We usually arrive around noon or later, so since we've been up early with packing last minute items & pure excitement we explore the resort and head out for dinner at a resort. We've done Cape May, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickeys, and this year we're doing Ohanas. We want to have a Disney experience but it's usally relaxation before hitting the parks for the rest of the trip.

Lizzie
07-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Downtown Disney and a Sandwhich at Earl of Sandwhich

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Fantasmic! dinner package! Dinner would be at the Hollywood and Vine...good ol buffet style because we're usually hungry :thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

droopy d.
07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
We check into the hotel and unpack. Then head down to the pool so DS and DD can swim for a little bit. Then hit MK for EMH.

DisneyorBust
07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Traditionally we arrive at the POLY around 11am, check in at the GCH, go to Captain Cook's for lunch and then we hop on the Monorail at the TTC and we head for Epcot!

Twinsowner
07-15-2007, 07:56 PM
We head to Epcot and enjoy a nice dinner at LeCellier before illuminations. Then finish it off with a stroll around the boardwalk to watch some of the performers.

AllDisney
07-15-2007, 07:58 PM
We head over and do MGM for our first day! Seeing Fantasmic on our first night is a family tradition.

Polynesian Dweller
07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
We usually arrive on a night with longer hours at MK. So, we check in, unpack, go over to MK, and get back in time to the Poly to sit on our balcony with a drink, some cakes from the concierge, and watch the great show. AHHHH, we're home!!:cloud9::cloud9:

CosmicRay
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
We usally unpack, unwind and eat at the food court of whichever resort we are staying at. But this year, we are going to head over the Concourse Steakhouse and then while we are at CR, we will see the fire works! I can't wait!

kakn7294
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Unless we arrive so late that we would have less than 2 hrs at the park, we head over to MK. It's our own little family tradition - we always start and end at MK.

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
We usually head to Downtown Disney for diner! :mickey:

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 12:35 AM
It usually depends on when we get to leave. If we can drive down in one day, we will check in and head to dinner on site somewhere. We usually check out DTD and then hit the beds early to be refreshed to go to the parks first thing the next morning!

vizsla
07-16-2007, 05:44 AM
We have a tradition and that is to head right to Epcot as soon as we arrive. We hit a couple of attractions, have dinner, and then head back to the resort around 7pm to unpack. After we get unpacked, if we are not to tired from getting up at 4am we head down to the pool for a quick swim.

pogo
07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
We arrive at around 11:30 AM and head straight to Epcot. We return back to resort at around 9:00 and relax. :D

like2workout
07-16-2007, 09:22 AM
we usually get in around 2 in the afternoon, head to downtown disney for a while, then go to a character meal, usually at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. We hate to use a park ticket since we've missed half the day, so this is a great way to get in some other things too.

Dakota Rose
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
All of our previous trips, we've flown from CA meaning we don't check in until about 7:30pm. We change our clothes and maybe unpack a bit, then head over to O'hana's for a 9pm ADR. I like to bus to MK then take a boat to Poly. It feels the most magical! Maybe catch the water pageant and then a 'circle tour' on the monorail and then it's back to the resort. Sometimes we squeeze in a late-night swim.

This next time it will be different because we'll arrive around noon.

LizLovesDiz
07-16-2007, 02:01 PM
We always start out at MK.It's never been any different.We usually end our trip there too! :mickey:

Lehman Family
07-16-2007, 02:12 PM
We always begin our visits with a meal at Olivia's. We usually relax the first day and don't do too much since we've driven for 16 or more hours to get there.

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
We've not been going long enough to form any traditions yet, but this trip if all goes well with our flight.

We will be checking in around 3 and relaxing a bit in the room. Then heading out to 7pm adrs at Spoodles then to MK for EMH and Wishes! :fworks::fworks::fworks:

okw2006
07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
We normally take a boat ride to DTD, have a few drinks and dinner and relax.:thumbsup:

c&d
07-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Depending on what time we arrive we always head over to the Magic Kingdom. We usually have a dining reservation at one of the restaurants. If we arrive later, we just check into our rooms and have a :wine: and start relaxing.

maryt01
07-17-2007, 12:17 PM
IT TAKES US 11 HOURS TO GET THERE BY CAR. WE ARRIVE AT ABOUT 5;00 PM, WE HOP ON A BUS AND HEAD TO EPCOT. WE TAKE THE BOAT THERE AND GO TO THR BOARDWALK TO SEE THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS. WE THEN TAKE THE BOAT BACK TO EPCOT AND BOARD A BUS TO WL TO VIEW DECORATIONS AND EAT AT WHISPERING CANYON. WE THEN TAKE A BOAT TO MK WHERE WE CATCH THE MONORAIL TO GF AND CONTEMPORARY ALSO TO VIEW XMAS DEC. BACK TO OUR RESORT TO RELAX. THIS GIVES US A FULL EVENING OF ENJOYMENT AND SAVES OUR PARK TICKETS SO THAT WE CAN GET A FULL DAY OR MORE AT EACH PARK WITHOUT LOSING ANY TIME. RESORT HOPPING IS ONE OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN DECEMBER. IT REALLY GETS YOU IN THE DISNEY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT':cloud9:

S-A-M
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Definitely DTD, dinner at Cap'n Jacks - our fav - a bit of window shopping, PI, then back to CSR to rest up for Epcot the next day....

86 days and counting! :joy::joy:

crazeedizneefinatic
07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
We always catch an early flight in and arrive at the resort around 11am. This year we will arrive explore our resort (1st time at CBR) and maybe hop in the pool. We probably will head down to downtown Disney for some atmosphere. We have late dinner reservations at Chef Mickey which is exciting since we have never done dinner, just breakfast. Then we will head off to the resort to get a good nights sleep and anticipate the next 10 days! 8 days in the parks this year! Yea!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2007, 02:48 PM
We're in the room...then MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta see that castle...aaaaah. We're there.
It's also the last park we say goodbye to..Thats a killer.

sleepingbooty
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Dinner at Ohana's on the first night. Before that either relax by the pool or get a couple hours in at MK. After Ohana, we may head back to MK if we're not too tired.

Darin M
07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Pump up the AC, and buy snacks for the room, check out the pool and walk around outside breathing in the lovely Florida air, and checking out the little lizards that are crawling around everywhere. Last year, my girlfriend and I nicknamed this little lizard that lived in a light fixture: Luigi.

LauraF
07-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Epcot, Epcot and some more Epcot! :figment:

I usually catch an early flight from home and then get into the park for lunch. I find a nice CS place to sit down and then go off and then wander around Epcot until my ADR there that night. I watch Illuminations and go back to my hotel and fall asleep the second I lie down.

Once or twice, when staying at POFQ, I'll skip the park the first night and go to DTD via the riverboat.

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
We usually arrive mid- to late-afternoon. We have little ones, so we try to go to bed early to be prepared for the next day.

Last time, we went to Grand Floridian to have dinner with Cinderella & Prince Charming. This was great because we were immediately immersed in the magic, but did not have to use park tickets for it. We also got to "copilot" the monorail!

This time, we might just eat a quick bite at our resort and then take some time to explore our resort, swim, etc. We will all need to be well rested for early morning EMH!

RAIDER
07-19-2007, 03:57 AM
We normally arrive in Florida for around 3.30pm from the flight from England so by the time we check into the hotel etc its normally around 6.30ish so we tend to get a light meal and take in the area of were where staying and prepare for the WDW fun next morning :mickey::thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 05:10 AM
We fly in early, check in early, and head straight for the MK. Then, our plans depend on MK's schedule of events whether we stay at MK or head to Epcot for the evening hours after a break back at the resort.

boobalk
07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Our 1st night is always @ DTD. We usually go over around sunset, stroll around the area and choose our nosh spot. Then we do a little window shopping and a few purchases @ the Disney Store. Then MY DD & DH look for CMs for some serious pin trading. And we top off our opening night w/ice cream and people-watching. :thumbsup:

2Epcot
07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Usually we are coming from the west, so when we arrive it is usually late afternoon or evening. I don't think we've ever gone to a park on the first night. Usually we will go to the food court, or a restaurant at our resort and eat, mabye explore the resort a little, then settle in to start our early first day. :mickey:

Clotho
07-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Another who doesn't have a tradition at WDW yet. But I suspect it will depend a lot on the resort.

We stayed at Boardwalk last time. Coming from the West, we get in about 5pm ish. So we checked in, unpacked, and explored the Boardwalk, had dinner, then watched the "Top Attractions" video on the TV and planned our attack!

This year (41 days!!) we will be at the Polynesian. Our plan starts similarly--unpack first, then we plan to take the monorail to Contemporary to have dinner at the Concourse, then head to DTD for Adventurer's Club!

playdead88
07-19-2007, 08:04 PM
we drop our bags and head for mk! dd picks out a princess dress for cindy's breakfast the next morning - we have lunch and head back to the resort when our room is ready for :beer: and swimming - we usually crash pretty early because we have been up since 4am to catch that 7am delta flight out of richmond :mickey:

IloveDisney71
07-19-2007, 08:40 PM
We do one of two things. We either go to Downtown Disney:shop: or head over to MGM for Fantasmic.:malef: It just depends on what kind of mood we are in when we get there.

Tinkerfreak
07-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Our first day is always a long travel day so in the past we would arrive at MCO usually late afternoon or early evening and stay at the Hyatt in the airport to rest up. This year we decided to stay at the AKL the first night and just relax there and then head to the Poly the next day for check in. This will be our first time at the Poly. After traveling all day it will be nice to just relax by the pool and look around in the gift shop. We will have supper at Boma (DH favorite rest.). This will be the first time that non-stop flights have been available in our area so we might even arrive earlier than usual so we will have even more time to relax before our first day in the parks.

DessertDivaFL
07-20-2007, 09:28 AM
We don't have a tradition (yet) but we always check out the pool and then we eat someplace fun. (RainForest Cafe, Wolfgang Puck Cafe or Whispering Canyon Cafe)