PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

luvdiznee
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
What rides compare to this one? EE, BTM, RR and the water ride by BTM (can't think of it's name right now)? When we were there last time, this was a new ride I tried and will never do again :sick:I remember breaking out in a sweat on the ride and trying so hard to hold my stomach while feeling so dizzy :sick: But needless to say after that ride, that ruined it for me as far trying anything new on that trip. :blush:So wondering what rides compare to that one? Thanks :mickey:

Jared
07-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Star Tours is a motion simulator. Guests are seated in a theater watching a movie, but the seats buck and shake with the on-screen effects.

Body Wars, an old attraction in Epcot, was the most similar ride to Star Tours. The Wonders of Life pavilion has been closed for months, however, so Body Wars is not operating.

If Star Tours bothered you, definitely stay away from Epcot's Mission: SPACE. It is an intense ride simulating space travel.

By the way, the water ride near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is called Splash Mountain.

Lizzie
07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Personally I can't do Star Tours or any other motion simulators. The only other ride that affects me at DW is Mission Space before they offered a tamer side. I have no problems on any other roller coaster or rides. I am not a big fan of the Teacups but it just makes me a little dizzy. Also I tend to get seasick in any sort of wave machine but I can ride any roller coaster.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't think it's really intense, but it does kind of jerk and tip you around. I don't think it was as intense as Body Wars.
If you've been to Universal, it's very similar to Back to the Future.

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Apparently both Mission:Space and Star Tours have non-moving versions. Maybe you could give that a try.

mickey-mouse35
07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I cannot do Star Tours either do to the motion/jerkiness. I will try it this trip with the nonmotion, since I just found out you can ask for that. :mickey:
I will not be trying mission space--even the tame version--because it still doesn't sound tame to me. :sick:
I avoid the tea cups at MK and Dinosaur at AK, too; otherwise, I love all the roller coasters and other attractions!!! :D

dreamingofdisney77
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Dinosaur

DessertDivaFL
07-18-2007, 01:37 PM
The Star Tours definitely has a non-motion version of the attraction. You can always ask a CM about non-motion parts of any attraction.

The attractions I cannot do are the ones that are on the 360 degree screens. For some reason I get real dizzy and light headed. :confused:

luvdiznee
07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks all! I wish I had paid more attention and realized that Star Tours had a non motion side to it. I could have really used that! :sick: I'll prob end up at least trying BTM and EE. :mickey:I don't think I will ever be ready for Mission Space, even the non motion as well as Tea Cups. I did Dumbo and Magic Carpets which both SEEM like Dinosaur. So I would think I can handle Dinosaur, too.

Darin M
07-18-2007, 07:34 PM
What gets me sick is there still using the same old videos in the queue area that they've been using since the attractin first opened. WHY MUST DISNEY IGNORE THE MUCH NEEDED UPDATE. I am a fan of Star Wars and would love to see something new.