PDA

View Full Version : What do you look forward to the most?

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow! I am sooo addicted to Intercot! :joy: IT IS MY 850th POST!!:joy:Only 150 more and I get a new star!!:woohoo:

That being said, Here's the question.

Of all the things you love about WDW, what do you most look forward to when you are planning your trip?

jclightchasr
07-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Definately can't wait to get on Pirates and See Jack Sparrow and Barbosa!

moe513
07-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I said everything because I couldnt decide.

EvilQueen2006
07-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I do enjoy the whole experience, but the thing I take the most time planning is the dining. So many restaurants to look forward to. I change my mind many times before I finally settle on a dining line-up.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I couldn't pick the everything column. I don't golf and I never buy waterpark tickets or special tours. So I went with RIDES!!! I should add that Dining was almost tied followed by an honorable mention to DTD.

GrmGrninGost
07-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I love it ALL!! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I had to say everything, because it is no one thing that I look forward to the most but the whole experience-- just being there! But next trip, I am especially looking forward to being back at my favorite resort (the Grand Floridian) and riding Pirates for the first time since the refurb, and to the Pirate and Princess party, because I have never done a special event like that and it seems amazing!

gauvin4
07-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I look forward to the whole experience!! WDW is my Happy Place!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I have to go with everything. I can't pick one thing. I am defanetly looking forward to trying out the dinning plan.

Jared
07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
A Walt Disney World vacation is special because of everything mentioned in the poll. No other place in the world offers so many fun and exciting opportunities.

But if I had to choose something, I look forward most to the rides. There are rides at amusement parks around the country. Only Disney theme parks boasts unique experiences like Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain.

AllDisney
07-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I have to say the entire experience. It's the combination of everything. The rides, the resort, the food.

It's being able to take off from work and being able to forget your troubles....even if it's just for a few days. It really is the happiest place on earth!

LoriMistress
07-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I picked the EVERYTHING section. There's just so many things that DH and I are looking forward to, since this trip we're going "all out" and doing a lot more things and staying in the parks for ten days.

Looking forward to actually being ON vacation.
Window shopping throughout the parks, even if it's stuff we can't afford or don't need.
Eating the nice snacks at the parks (Mickey Icecream Bars, cookies, etc.)
Riding the attractions (expecially the new attractions that we haven't been on before.)
Eating at the new restaurants.
Experience MVMCP, twice!
Seeing Cirque du Soliel (never seen it before.)
Enjoying PI.
Enjoying DQ.
Being around the Disney Magic.
etc.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 06:16 PM
:blush:I look forward to the whole kit-&-kaboodle! My entire family has this immediate change in themselves once we land at MCO and grab the ME to our resort.

Once there while I check in my husband (usually very dry and stern) and kids act like they are there for the first time, racing to the pool to see friends who work there and to dive right in!!

The one place my husband has ever let everything go and focus only on the kids; leaving work home where it belongs!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
:cloud9:We look forward to everything about our trips to WDW. :mickey:

mainemajor
07-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Everything is so great at disney. As soon as we decide we are going again I get excited and its usually at least 8 months away.
One thing I need to have on any disney trip is a turkey leg - thems good eats

Polynesian Dweller
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Everything. Its that great feeling of just being there. :cloud9:

tinksmom02
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Everything! I love the rides, the dining, the shows, the shopping...just walking around and taking it all in...I love it all!

chefmickey3
07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
It's simple - walking down Main Street. I can smell the air and hear the sounds and see the castle. Always most magical the first time on a trip, but always magical!

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Everything. That's why Disney is so great. They put a lot of care into every detail so your entire vacation experience is a positive one.

beksy
07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Everything (if golfing includes mini golf? :blush:)! I love the entire thing from planning to the trip itself--the rides, shopping, food, shopping, seeing new things, shopping, trying the new rides, shopping, going to MNSSHP...and did I mention shopping? Oh, of course the chocolate available is great too! :cloud9:

Bethanymouse
07-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I have to agree with EVERYTHING! For my DF and I it is a chance to be alone and enjoy disney at our own pace and experience all of the magic. I love the entire experience it provides!

mickeyfan2001
07-16-2007, 03:53 AM
:mickey3: I love it all!!!:minnie:

RAIDER
07-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Like the majority i have to go for the whole experience ... The planning , the flight and arriving at the first park ..... :cloud9:

BritCody
07-16-2007, 06:22 AM
I love it all, I wish I was there right now!!!

Spaceship Tigger
07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
As far as planning goes, it's definitely the resort and dining part of it. The rides just sort of fall into place after we get there typically.

BigRedDad
07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
For me, it is everything. What I am most looking forward to is seeing the MK through my daughter's eyes the first time we take her there. I am sure it will spawn memories of when I was a kid.

DawsonAR
07-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I love the whole experience but I really look forward to the food (many different places) and the thrill rides.

Darin M
07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
although i voted for everything, i would say TTA

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
07-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I have to say the entire experience. It's the combination of everything. The rides, the resort, the food.

It's being able to take off from work and being able to forget your troubles....even if it's just for a few days. It really is the happiest place on earth!

Well said!!!

grumpyguy
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
my first "real" trip to wdw was in 2001.that's when i discovered what the magic was about.
i've since made several trips back to my happy place.i love everything from the per-trip planning to the smell of diesel fuel on the buses.now disney has become a part of our daily lives and were saving for the next trip in sept '08:cloud9:
gg out:thumbsup:

DessertDivaFL
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Can't enjoy Disney 100% without those rides!

Haunted Mansion and POTC are a must on my list! :pirate:

PinKy
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Like many others here - I love the planning, the flight to FL, Magical Express, the resorts, the dining, shopping, parks, rides, pools - everything! SO fun! And then it starts all over again!

Minnie97
03-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Everything!!!!

mymickeymouse
03-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Omg! that's easy! Driving under the arches, taking a deep breath, and knowing,ahh! I'm home!:party::party::cloud9::cloud9:

JerseyDad
03-22-2015, 08:06 PM
...Downtown Disney is always our first stop when we get to WDW. We usually arrive at about noon ...and then get settled ...rest (it's a bit of a drive for me ....about 1200 miles) ...and then the 1st night is dinner and shopping at DtD.

azcavalier
03-24-2015, 09:16 AM
Wow, this thread is 8 years old and just got resurrected.

Yeah, there is no one thing. Just love getting there and being there.

MrPeetrie
03-24-2015, 09:34 AM
I chose EVERYTHING because our desires have changed over the years.

When my DW and I first starting going to Walt Disney World, it was rides until we dropped. Open to close, hit the rides, replenishing as needed.

Once we had kids, it became a more show- and character-oriented vacation as opposed to chasing down major, E-ticket attractions.

On this trip, I think we're all more excited about certain dining experiences than anything else. We are going to eat for the first time at both Be Our Guest, as well as the Norway Princess breakfast. Plus, DW & DD12 REALLY want to shop at some of the new stores. So I chose EVERYTHING.

For me, it's just seeing the smile on my family's faces! That's really why I go!

Maddie
03-24-2015, 11:22 AM
The dining always gets me super excited! I love planning my trip around visiting the resorts and getting my favorite meal. My favorite are:

1. The Wave (Contemporary)
2. Boma (AKL)
3. Kona Island Sushi Bar (Poly)
4. Eating/ Drinking around the world in Epcot:beer::marg:

We just really enjoy all the different selections of food which include some extremely high end delicious restaurants!

#1donaldfan
03-26-2015, 11:26 AM
I voted dinning. I love the rides and the complete experience, however I love to relax at one of my favorite table service locations ..... best part of the day !!!!:mickey:

baldburke
03-26-2015, 12:52 PM
End to end it's great fun for the family and hopefully a lifetime of memories that the kids will carry with them forever. Yes, FP+ is a whole new experience and the debate is on to like or dislike, but the kids enjoy helping with the planning. Where they want to eat, new experiences to try and they want to get back to. It would be nice to slow down the actual week, but again it's great memories while we're there. Then on return we collect the photos and make slide shows to share with friends and family. It doesn't take long and they're on to planning the next trip.