PDA

View Full Version : Wishes - Cali Grill

Scar
07-15-2007, 02:47 PM
If wishes is at 8:00 PM, what would be a good time to make ADR's for 6 people at California Grill so we can view it at the end of our meal?

Also, can you see wishes from all tables?

EvilQueen2006
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
We had a 7pm ADR in January. Wishes was at 8:00. We had just ordered dessert when Wishes started. Some of the table have a view of Magic Kingdom. Ours didn't. We went to the viewing area to watch Wishes and when we returned to our table our desserts were waiting for us. I think the timing was pretty good.

DreamFinder2
07-16-2007, 12:25 AM
I would give yourself at least 60-90 minutes with a larger group like that. We eat at CG our first night every time we go to WDW, and always try to make our ADR for about 90 min before Wishes.

The fireworks are NOT visible from MOST tables, however. The only times we've had a good view was sitting right next to the windows. Of course, EVERYONE wants to sit there, so your chances are pretty slim. Your BEST BET is to leave your table for a few minutes and go outside onto the observation area. I'd suggest the one around the "back" side of the restaurant...much less crowded than the one on the MK side...and the view is still just as good.

My suggestion is to make your ADR for 6:30 or so. If you happen to get done early, you can always end your meal/night out on the observation deck and leave from there.

Hope this helps!!!

Scar
07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks.

Unbelievably the only thing we could get, 4 months in advance, was 8:00. So, hopefully we can check in and the wait for the table will be long enough to watch Wishes.

If our table is ready, will we be able to stay at the viewing area until after Wishes is finished?

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
This is a must everytime we go to WDW. What we do is start our sitting, and if fireworks is to start and meal has not yet come, the server holds up until we return to table! They appreciate the excitement and are accommodating!