PDA

View Full Version : I just bought "Disney Fruit" at the market!

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Yep, it's true. They hooked me into buying "mango nectarines" with a Disney label.:blush:

How surprised was I when I walked through the produce section and saw Mickey on the side of a produce box?! Well, you know I just had to check it out. It is marked "from the Disney Garden" and each piece of fruit has a Disney Garden sticker on it with a different Disney character. I bought 3 of these Disney "mango nectarines". Now, I wonder how they taste.:confused:

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, cool. I bet they will be delicious!

disneydeb
07-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I have seen Disney fruit too, but I didn't buy. Tell us how they taste! We MUST know!:mickey:

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Okay, I just ate the Disney mango nectarine with the Pluto sticker (I have to save the two with the Donald sticker for last you know;)).

Yum! It was very good and carried flavor notes of both mango and nectarine!:thumbsup: They were $1.49/lb. = $0.86 for 3 nectarines, so not too bad pricewise either.

goofygirl67
07-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I know Winn-Dixie has been receiving apples with Mickey on the side of the box. I didn't bother to look where it came from or if stickers were on the fruit.

Donald
07-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Awesome!! That would be a great way to get fussy kids to try some fruit; finally a healthy food that has a fun charactor. By the way, I would have saved the donald stickered ones for last also!!:donald:

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
And for a decent price too! It was less than most of the summer fruit at HEB (Texas grocery chain) today.

I was just considering having another mango nectarine for dessert tonight but then I would be down one piece of Donald fruit:pout: I just love that Duck!!!:donald:

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm going to have to do some shopping because I've never seen "Disney Fruit". We have gobs of grocery stores.

disneydeb
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
OK I've added it to my next shopping list!:mickey:

Dakota Rose
07-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Wow, now you can eat Disney too! hehehehehehehehehe

Man they know how to sucker us, don't they? I hope they never stop! I can always use more Disney!

Christine
07-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Our Kroger has a LOT of Disney groceries. Cereals, string cheese, produce, ice cream treats, macaroni and cheese, crackers and cookies...

What I like the best: the Mickey shaped pretzels and Chip and Dale trail mix...it makes me feel like I got it at WDW! :thumbsup:

rnin02
07-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I saw mickey shaped hamburgers at our local Shopper's Food Warehouse the other week.

Melanie
07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I just had a Disney peach not 10 minutes ago. Bought them at a Food Lion in NC. It was delicious! :tasty:

angedeaile
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I saw mickey shaped hamburgers at our local Shopper's Food Warehouse the other week.

When I went home this past weekend, my mom whipped those out of her freezer. Apparently her local grocery stores are carrying those too :mickey: Best BBQ ever.

Too bad we don't have the fruit by us or by her. I would stock up! Mango Nectarines sure sound yummy.

TheMartellFamily
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I have seen the Disney mickey head shaped frozen hamburgers and then in our produce they have apples. The apples are granny smith and pre-cut. This way when I get them my son will eat them. They are in the individual packages. I have also seem the Incredable Family apples too.

sgdisney
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Our Kroger has a LOT of Disney groceries. Cereals, string cheese, produce, ice cream treats, macaroni and cheese, crackers and cookies...

What I like the best: the Mickey shaped pretzels and Chip and Dale trail mix...it makes me feel like I got it at WDW! :thumbsup:

Our Krogers has a lot of Disney products too. My favorite so far is the ice cream with Mickey shaped chunks in it. Last night I saw big bags of Disney Dog Food!

kaerbear178
07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I have gotten a lot of the disney fruit - it is guaranteed ripe on the sticker :mickey: I bought a couple plums for lunch the other day that had Daisy on them. I didn't even notice until I was eating them! The fruit has always been delicious.

January-2007
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Last month I bought some Disney bananas. They had stickers with Minnie and Mickey on them and were sold in a bag, not by weight. They were miniature bananas, which were great, because I don't always want a whole banana but these were just the perfect size. A nice novelty for a good price, it's neat all together, I think! :thumbsup:

DisneyAggies
07-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Nancy Ann-
So...they have the Mickey fruit at HEB?? We were there Sunday and didn't see any!!

Donalds Duckie
07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Nancy Ann-
So...they have the Mickey fruit at HEB?? We were there Sunday and didn't see any!!

Hi DisneyAggies! Were you at HEB in Bastrop or in Austin? I live out East of Bastrop so I always shop HEB Bastrop. I just bought more Disney fruit yesterday. If you shop HEB Bastrop they moved it from center aisle to the regular fruit stands. I had to look for the Disney label yesterday since I couldn't see the Mickey box.

I know the HEB in Bastrop buys it's produce from different farmers than HEBs in Austin. Last year I told my local HEB produce person that my co-workers in Austin cannot find the nice, huge strawberries that I get here in Bastrop. He told me that HEB Bastrop and HEB Elgin buy from different farmers than Austin HEBs.