PDA

View Full Version : Best Kept secret?

SimbaandNalasMama
07-15-2007, 10:22 AM
hey guys-
Wanted to know your opinions on what you think is the best kept secret in WDW. this came up when sis and i were talking about our last visit in January where we visited DisneyQuest for the first time and how floored i still am that i had no idea what it was or how great it is. (Really, to play pacman, donkey kong, Qbert, etc, for as long as you want....really, quite fun for an 80's girl like me :silly:) To add to it, it wasnt crowded. I had no trouble getting onto the machines i wanted.

So, in that vein of thought, what are some of your best kept secrets? This can be in the parks, resorts, water parks, DTD, etc.

Fantasmic
07-15-2007, 01:36 PM
The path that runs from Mickey's Toon Town Fair to Tomorrowland is great, never crowded and quite scenic.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Some of the private pools - especially in CBR's South Trinidad - at 11pm...the pool was empty each night we were there! :mickey:

Chris :hatter:

gregburg
07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
The Disney Vacation Club of course!

Sorry, could not resist...

Others:

Get to TL early, head over toward Shark Reef. On the beach you will find a shelter that is a great stop for the day, but get there early.
Don't rush into a theatre, that way you end up in the middle rather than the edge of the theatre.
The right line on the Speedway is faster than the left.
On Soarin' you can ask for row 1B (or is it B1). Anyway it is the top row in the middle. It has the best view. Everyone should try it once.
Wishes from behind the Castle is pretty cool too, though you should see it from the front of the Castle if you never have.
The second DiveQuest is always less crowded than the first. (If you do DiveQuest).
On Buzz, aim for the targets close to the cieling. You'll get 100K every time.

-Greg

ISLE39
07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
The path that runs from Mickey's Toon Town Fair to Tomorrowland is great, never crowded and quite scenic.

thats my favorite path during mnsshp it has so many candy stops lol

mainemajor
07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
thats my favorite path during mnsshp it has so many candy stops lol

We ran into so many charaters along this path during MNSSHP and scored lots of candy :thumbsup:

psychotekkie
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Maybe these aren't TOO secret, but they are good to know about anyway:

Rider switch-off AKA baby-swap.

In the am, take the train to get to Splash Mtn and BTMRR.

Go early to Tom Sawyer's Island and find the paint brushes to get a special fastpass.

Get length-of-stay stroller rentals and save a few bucks.

Kringla Og Cafe.... mmmmmmm goooood

GhostHost999
07-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I think my favorite little known thing is the boat that goes from the back of Epcot to MGM. It's a pleasant ride and never crowded. (Still waiting for a monorail spur out to MGM). :mickey:

SimbaandNalasMama
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
ok, i knew i could count on you guys! our first MNSSHP is this year, so i will def go on that back, uncrowded path!!

Thanks for all the cool 'secrets' and tips. i didnt mean this to be a tool to help me get everything out of my trip, but now it seems that way, doesnt it :) I PROMISE, i was just curious!! :blush:

PeterPanFan
07-16-2007, 10:08 AM
The Liberty Tree Taven!!!

FIrst I must say I am NOT a big fan of buffets or family style eating.

This place rocks, it is family style. The food and service is great. We will be eating 2 of our dinners there this next trip.

Added bounus is the characters. Let me think...
Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale.

!!! :mickey:

beksy
07-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I think my favorite little known thing is the boat that goes from the back of Epcot to MGM. It's a pleasant ride and never crowded. (Still waiting for a monorail spur out to MGM). :mickey:

Wow, I didn't know about this! We'll definitely have to try it!:thumbsup:

dumbo ears
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I think the secret path in the mk is one and another is the boardwalk. all though people go to it a lot its not nearly as crowded as DTD. It is a great place to eat supper at and then just walk through the shops. It looks so cool from the a boat on the lake in front of it.

mickey-mouse35
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I think my favorite little known thing is the boat that goes from the back of Epcot to MGM. It's a pleasant ride and never crowded. (Still waiting for a monorail spur out to MGM).

I didn't know about this either. Where do you pick it up, and does it run all day/during park hours?